First time in a Grand Suite

Grand Suites have bath tubs that can be a challenge to get in and out of.

Thanks for the warning. I love taking a bath with a glass of wine & candles(flameless of course). Already have enough rods & pins in one wrist. I will be extra careful.

Bad part is after your first suite there is no going back :). We have a GS on our upcoming cruise on AOS.

LOL!! Yup we are already looking at a booking in another GS for my birthday in September. :hearteyes:

I am going to be the odd one out here as we had a GS on Harmony and was completely underwhelmed and to this day wonder what all the fuss is about. Sure the bathroom is beautiful but how much time does one spend in there? The nibbles in the afternoon were old and “sweaty” (the plastic covered strawberries). We sat on the couch twice...to put shoes on. They tried to charge us for 6 cans of pop...nice try. I’m actually glad we didn’t like it too much as it has saved us some money!

I am going to be the odd one out here as we had a GS on Harmony and was completely underwhelmed and to this day wonder what all the fuss is about. Sure the bathroom is beautiful but how much time does one spend in there? The nibbles in the afternoon were old and “sweaty” (the plastic covered strawberries). We sat on the couch twice...to put shoes on. They tried to charge us for 6 cans of pop...nice try. I’m actually glad we didn’t like it too much as it has saved us some money!

Well there are the free drinks in the Suites Lounge during certain hours of the day plus better coffee and snacks there also. Priority seating at shows priority tender service. The room is much larger with lots of storage which we like. There are the welcome back party and the suites guest party. I agree its not for everyone that's why cruising is nice you can pick what level of cabin. I guess it just comes down to what you want and no matter what that is you can find it on a cruise that's what's great. You are correct everyone gets same food and shows no matter where you stay another great thing about cruising. I hope your next next is great

Bad part is after your first suite there is no going back :). We have a GS on our upcoming cruise on AOS.

Totally agree our last 6 cruises now have been in grand suites, only negative that was just mentioned is it is not that easy getting into shower/tub, solved that on nextcruise by booking our first owners suite but doubt we can continue doing that

Ten years ago, we booked our first grand suite on the Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. We figured go for the gusto, since we would probably never cruise again.

Now 10 years later (Diamond), sailing in only Grand Suites or Crown Loft, we are addicted to the cabins.

Welcome to the Grand Suite experience.

Enjoy

I understand this. We had our first GS on the Oasis last month, and I can't wait to do it again. Emotionally, I am finding it very difficult to book a non-suite.:D :DSometimes the $$ difference makes me lose my breath. Two/three/four times as much on some ships & sailings. Yikes. But ....

mac_tlc

I hope we come back from our first GS feeling like this since they really are not in our budget There was a really good price on this one so we are going for it

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

I'm with you. Got a GS on our second cruise. Was not impressed at all. Had no trouble going back to a JS or ocean balcony.

Plus now that we are "Aft Addicts"....we get a larger balcony than most GS's anyways.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I couldn’t do without a balcony but rarely go the “welcome back who can pee up the leg of a fellow cruiser bragging how many cruises they’ve been on get togethers.’ I don’t drink coffee so that’s a non issue. I certainly don’t need any more food so appetiser offerings may be good but not for me. As for the “free” alcohol, I do believe that the extra cost involved with a suite easily covers that and on the rare occasion I don’t get a ETOH package I will go to the diamond/concierge lounge. And yes, you do run across the ‘voiders’ in there too. As for more space, until such time I can take a cruise longer that 3 weeks, I seem to manage with the space provided.

So, for me I am over the moon happy when I walk into my regular balcony cabin knowing that by getting this cabin instead of a suite I can effectively go on two or three more “for free.” To each their own. :)

Grand Suites have bath tubs that can be a challenge to get in and out of.

I always wonder why no one mentions this! My husband has mobility issues and he was unable to use the tub/shower in the Grand Suite on the Serenade. The lip is not only high the tub is deep. Thank goodness the concierge was able to give us keys so he could use the shower in an empty regular cabin.

I always wonder why no one mentions this! My husband has mobility issues and he was unable to use the tub/shower in the Grand Suite on the Serenade. The lip is not only high the tub is deep. Thank goodness the concierge was able to give us keys so he could use the shower in an empty regular cabin.

Once very nice feature of the Owner's Suite is the separate walk-in shower.

I know the Freedom class has the nice walk-in shower, do you know if the Oasis class has the same set up.

No walk-in shower in Oasis class GS. To deal with the the high side of the tub, it is possible to sit on the end, and lift your legs in, as opposed to stepping over the side.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums