Royal's phone customer service

Forgive the venting!!

The customer phone service is truly terrible. They tell you the most ridiculous things.

I wanted to change from one shore excursion ($61) to another ($82).

They have to charge me for the whole new excursion, and refund the unwanted one, because, as Joe said, "We have so many vendors, we can't just move the money from one to the other. We have to get the money back from them, and then we can't just give it to the new one." I'm not even exaggerating: that's a direct quote. So the refund is 3-5 business days, during which time they have the money for both excursions. Call me crazy, but I don't like it when companies find excuses (especially ridiculous ones) to double charge you and get your money a few extra days instead of just issuing a "store credit" and charging the difference. What would they do if I canceled the excursion on embarkation day? Pretty sure they'd give me OBC and I rebook something else with the OBC. But it's a no-go, for Joe.

Nine times out of ten, when I call them for something, the guy tells me something utterly ridiculous or basically acts like a jerk (or both). (Every once in a while I get someone awesome.) I called to give them money. Now it's not much, granted, but the same attitude prevails on their side even when it's booking a suite or cabin. Ugh, the website, even with all its problems, is better than talking to one of their employees who isn't actually onboard a ship.

Call the CSR at RCL for every cruise I have ever booked and find the reps to be quite nice and any issue I have ever had was taken care of, no problems here.:)

The OP was commenting on the fact that RCI takes 3 - 5 days to process a cc refund! Most merchants manage to issue refunds immediately. Given that everything is electronic the only apparent reason RCI takes so long is to use funds without paying for the borrowing.
Oh boy, your wrong!:rolleyes: Many electronic credits and or refunds are 24 to 48 hours!

The OP was commenting on the fact that RCI takes 3 - 5 days to process a cc refund! Most merchants manage to issue refunds immediately. Given that everything is electronic the only apparent reason RCI takes so long is to use funds without paying for the borrowing.
Oh boy, you're WRONG!:rolleyes: Many electronic transactions take 24-48 hours.

That's not true. I have never received an immediate refund posted on my cc from a return, it ALWAYS takes days.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I don't disagree that RC wants to keep the mioney as long as possible. However, I suspect another aspect of the the delay is the corporate approval structure in place for any outgoing cash payments.

On Sunday, I cancelled Deluxe Drink Package and then booked DP + VOOM. I received the cancellation refund yesterday (Wednesday). Did the same on Monday for another cruise and expect the credit to show up today (Thursday). Seems pretty normal from past experiences with Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums