Just for fun...

code_d

Picking up lemon slices at the drink station at the buffet and tossing back the "bad ones"? I was already a buffet-phobe. That sealed the deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One lady doing a blood test on another old lady and then an Injection @ a Buffet table just around the corner from the restrooms. :rolleyes:

A finger prick with a blood glucose meter maybe? She maybe was diabetic and needed an insulin injection in an emergency.

A finger prick with a blood glucose meter maybe? She maybe was diabetic and needed an insulin injection in an emergency.

That's got to be it. My son is a diabetic and checks his blood sugar level and takes his insulin shot at the table. He's been so discrete about it that others at the table haven't even noticed he's done it.

Going to the bathroom to do this is not only inconvenient for the diabetic (and, believe me, that disease is "inconvenient" enough for them), but also less sanitary than doing it at the table.

What is the single worst thing you have seen a NCL Cruiser doing?

Using their hands instead of tongs at the buffet.

Person bringing their still-in-diapers baby out of the kids pool, changing their dirty diapers, then putting them back in the pool. Thank heaven I am too old for the kids pool!!

And...with a nod to men everywhere....leaving the men's restroom without washing their hands. OMG, so many men do this. But this isn't restricted just to cruise ships, of course.

That's got to be it. My son is a diabetic and checks his blood sugar level and takes his insulin shot at the table. He's been so discrete about it that others at the table haven't even noticed he's done it.

Going to the bathroom to do this is not only inconvenient for the diabetic (and, believe me, that disease is "inconvenient" enough for them), but also less sanitary than doing it at the table.

I am a diabetic. Agreed. Going to the bathroom to take shots or test blood sugar is very unsanitary. Yuck! How did or could they get their blood in someone's food as the test strips are enclosed and prevent this?!? Were they just grossed out because they saw it or was it a real issue (the diabetic spreading their blood around others)?!? Seems that there is a lack of understanding and empathy about diabetes in general........ A few weeks ago, I had several people ask me about my insulin pump (as they could see it) on my side at the pool. I am always happy to educate people and answer questions about my illness, but I hope no one was grossed out because this is how I have to live. :-(

Alan

You do know about Assuming.

There was NO Discretion But there was a big Hypodermic Needle.

How sanitary is it for the next guy using that table?

Go shoot up someplace else.

Nobody is more than 5 minute from their cabin or the medical center

I am a diabetic. Agreed. Going to the bathroom to take shots or test blood sugar is very unsanitary. Yuck! How did or could they get their blood in someone's food as the test strips are enclosed and prevent this?!? Were they just grossed out because they saw it or was it a real issue (the diabetic spreading their blood around others)?!? Seems that there is a lack of understanding and empathy about diabetes in general........ A few weeks ago, I had several people ask me about my insulin pump (as they could see it) on my side at the pool. I am always happy to educate people and answer questions about my illness, but I hope no one was grossed out because this is how I have to live. :-(

Alan

Why don't you understand it's a Biohazard , hitting a vein could shoot blood all over the place.

And it not appetizing to see whilst Dinning. I left my meal on the table.

GROSS.

An extremely intoxicated kid, (looked to be barley drinking age) trying to get into the roped off, closed, partially drained pool late at night. He was also yelling and causing a scene.

Saw the same kid a couple more times extremely intoxicated, and just out of control. Really sad.(IMHO)

Why don't you understand it's a Biohazard , hitting a vein could shoot blood all over the place.

And it not appetizing to see whilst Dinning. I left my meal on the table.

GROSS.

I don't understand your issues because I have been a diabetic for over 30 years and I have never had blood shooting out (as you describe) of me from an insulin injection. Really the chance of this happening is one in a million in my opinion as any bleeding is easily stopped by direct pressure. Insulin is injected into the subcutaneous region and NOT into a blood vessels so this should not happen at all under normal circumstances (where would shooting streams of blood come from??). We are not drug addicts that inject into veins or blood vessels.

I know what I am talking about and I think this experience was blown way out of proportion OR something extraordinary had gone terribly wrong......... either of which necessitated a bit more understanding from you in my opinion. IDDM diabetics are not that way by choice and this is a debilitating medical disease for those that have it. Children in particular suffer greatly from being made fun of by other children and feeling of not being like others. Lack of education by the general population contributes to stereotypes and prejudices. As an adult, I would hope you could understand that and be more sensitive to what these children go through........

Alan

Edited by arestep

I don't understand your issues because I have been a diabetic for over 30 years and I have never had blood shooting out (as you describe) of me from an insulin injection. Really the chance of this happening is one in a million in my opinion as any bleeding is easily stopped by direct pressure. Insulin is injected into the subcutaneous region and NOT into a blood vessels so this should not happen at all under normal circumstances (where would shooting streams of blood come from??). We are not drug addicts that inject into veins or blood vessels.

I know what I am talking about and I think this experience was blown way out of proportion OR something extraordinary had gone terribly wrong......... either of which necessitated a bit more understanding from you in my opinion. IDDM diabetics are not that way by choice and this is a debilitating medical disease for those that have it. Children in particular suffer greatly from being made fun of by other children and not being like others. Lack of education by the general population contributes to stereotypes and prejudices. As an adult, I would hope you could understand that and be more sensitive to what these children go through........

Alan

Amen. Simply uneducated people who have not had either primary or secondary experience with illness.

I know what I am talking about and I think this experience was blown way out of proportion OR something extraordinary had gone terribly wrong......... either of which necessitated a bit more understanding from you in my opinion. IDDM diabetics are not that way by choice and this is a debilitating medical disease for those that have it. Children in particular suffer greatly from being made fun of by other children and feeling of not being like others. Lack of education by the general population contributes to stereotypes and prejudices. As an adult, I would hope you could understand that and be more sensitive to what these children go through........

Alan

Nobodys Loose Blood Belongs in the Buffet....... Not 1 drop on our shared tong's please.

just saying .