Asking steward for a foot stool in a veranda balcony cabin

Lorey2007

As you have preciously stated it's very clear what furniture we get, So, does that mean someone who has previously had a footstool in a Concierge Class on an S class ship might reasonably expect to get one in a Concierge Cabin on an M Class and therefore is allowed to inquire about a foot stool if they find them absent. Others seem less wise on subtleties of furniture allowances than you claim to be. Most people clearly don't wish to face "disgrace" or be "ashamed" for simply asking (not demanding). I might have missed it but I can't find mention of footstools on Celebrity's website for Concierge Cabins even for S class. https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/concierge-class-stateroom

Seriously, you wonder why people have called you out when you use disproportionate rude inflammatory language like this. If you wandered into a bar and berated strangers like this, would you'd be moaning about the unfairness of it all in the ambulance later?

Have you nothing better to do? I don't regret one word I've written

Well it is indeed unfortunate that you have taken my comments out of context of the threads they were written in. You also don't seem to have taken note of the horrible and undeserved personal comments I have received. Therefore, your scolding is rather baseless. And really, how is it that you have taken upon yourself to speak for everyone? Was there an election I missed?

I absolutely can express contrary opinions. If you, or anyone else, comes back at me with snide, disrespectful, or insulting responses.... expect the same in return. I almost never throw the first volley.

I have been on cruise critic as a lurker for many years and registered for about seven years. Most posters are courteous even when they tactfully disagree. I read for informtion and rarely post.......until recently.

NEVER have I encountered a reaction to a poster by so many people as to Fishie. So, my dear Fishie, you must ask yourself what is it in your wording that is illiciting such response to your vitriol, self righteous posts............. There has been an election and we are saying knock off your attacks. Your few supporters are likely those who have not read your many acidic remarks.

I want to engage with the many interesting, friendly, informative and even humerous posters here. Therefore, if I see a post from you in the future, I will simply skip it. I feel sorry for you. Perhaps a consult with a therapist is in order for you.

Hopefully the moderator will consider sanctioning you for a while so the rest of us can get back to positively sharing info and the anticipation of our next cruise.

I would love to have a conversation in person with Fishie. It's very easy to hide behind a laptop!

I have been on cruise critic as a lurker for many years and registered for about seven years. Most posters are courteous even when they tactfully disagree. I read for informtion and rarely post.......until recently.

NEVER have I encountered a reaction to a poster by so many people as to Fishie. So, my dear Fishie, you must ask yourself what is it in your wording that is illiciting such response to your vitriol, self righteous posts............. There has been an election and we are saying knock off your attacks. Your few supporters are likely those who have not read your many acidic remarks.

I want to engage with the many interesting, friendly, informative and even humerous posters here. Therefore, if I see a post from you in the future, I will simply skip it. I feel sorry for you. Perhaps a consult with a therapist is in order for you.

Hopefully the moderator will consider sanctioning you for a while so the rest of us can get back to positively sharing info and the anticipation of our next cruise.

It wasn't so long ago that hotel rooms and ship cabins had shared toilets down the hall. Ensuite facilities were only provided to those booking the most expensive rooms and cabins. Fast forward to the present, no one in the Western world would even consider building a new hotel or cruise ship with shared toilets. This change came about because customers started asking for it. Management listened and decided they would be at a competitive disadvantage if they did not offer ensuite facilities for all grades of accommodations.

In USA hotels, ironing boards and coffee makers are standard amenities because business travelers asked for them. We business travelers do not have time to send our laundry out for pressing because we are only staying one night. We have to look good for that 8:00 a.m. client meeting. Hotels that do not provide ironing boards find themselves losing the business traveler. We don't have to book a higher grade room to get an ironing board.

It is my understanding that cruise ships home-ported out of the UK (P&O?) have hot water kettles in the cabins because customers asked for them: example post. UK cruisers ask, and receive, kettles in their rooms. They don't have to book a higher grade room to get a kettle. USA customers do not get this because they do not ask.

The management of hotels and cruise ships did not start providing ensuite facilities, ironing boards, and kettles, to all guests, out of a sense of generosity. They did it because enough customers asked for the amenity. If enough customers ask for foot stools on their balcony, it will become a standard amenity for all grades of cabin.

On my next cruise, I have an oversize balcony. I will be asking for footstools. (And bringing my own beach balls as a backup plan.) I will add that request to my comment card, and to to the email survey after the cruise. That's the only way management knows we want them to add this as a standard amenity.

I completely disagree with the view that it is somehow wrong to ask for a footstool (or any other amenity). Cruise management rightly asks for customer input. I will honor their request and provide my input.

I am in the customer service end of a completely different industry. I always want to know what my customers want. My competitive advantage is providing better customer service than the other companies. If my customers are dissatisfied with any aspect of my product and service, I want to know about it. If my customers have any input on how I can improve my products, I want to know about it.

What a lovely post!!:cool: Completely agree!!:cool:

I've read this entire thread & am shocked at some of the vitriolic posts by one or two posters, just because someone wants to know "if they can request a footstool" :mad:

How dare someone call other posters "freeloaders"..

It's no use arguing with posters who try to put someone down because they request something.. It's much better to report the nasty posters than argue with them..

I am thankful my real life is not full of mean people. I can ignore the ones here, but if I had to live with one for real, that would be sad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Aye, there's the pity of all...

Touche' to you both!

To the OP..Please don't be sorry you asked the question.. You did it in a nice polite way..

Most posters on Cruise Critic are quite polite & will give you an answer without intimidating you!

Don't let the bullies get to you! Take care & enjoy your cruise!

I am quite amazed at some of the vitriole thrown about on this thread. If one takes cognisant that one is on holiday and would like something extra from one's cabin attendant one only has to ask. The worse thing that can happen is the cabin attendant says no. If one still is of the belief that what was asked for was not unreasonable or something that one should have and the cabin attendant cant provide then one has the option to ask to speak to the supervisor or go to Guest relations. If one is entitled and the ship is able to provide it will be provided. If an entitlement is not able to be provided then one can negotiate a compromise. If one is not entitled and the answer is no take it on the chin and move on. The OP requested advice and there was no need for some of the negative comments that ensued

Perhaps before posting one should review their comments and use common sense.

And then ask themselves is it really necessary. I feel that there are cruisers who push the envelope to the limit. Maybe I am too conservative as I review what I am buying and what I am entitled. I expect no more or no less. My cruises are enjoyable and happily report that I had no problems or situations that I could not resolve myself without asking opinions of others. Hopefully this will be my last post as this board as ceased to be what is was years ago. Have a good day.

Great post!

Perhaps before posting one should review their comments and use common sense.

And then ask themselves is it really necessary. I feel that there are cruisers who push the envelope to the limit. Maybe I am too conservative as I review what I am buying and what I am entitled. I expect no more or no less. My cruises are enjoyable and happily report that I had no problems or situations that I could not resolve myself without asking opinions of others. Hopefully this will be my last post as this board as ceased to be what is was years ago. Have a good day.