Extra outlets allowed at Port Canaveral?

I'll be cruising on the 17th and I could not get an answer from RC - they said it would be up to the port. Anyone travel from PC recently? What am I allowed to bring on for extra outlets/USB ports? I've seen so much conflicting information. That a power strip (not surge connector) is fine, but that other times they've been confiscated. Anyone know? TIA and I'm sure I'll have more questions. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Did you see the story on the news today about the couple who died because their power strip started a fire in their stateroom on an Amazon River cruise? Scary stuff.

Yeah and you can walk across the street and die from getting hit by a car. That's more scary in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Just plug and unplug as needed! Few things need to plugged in ALL the time!

The problem is that many things that need to be plugged in are rechargeable things that you carry with you. So the only time they can be plugged in is when you're in your stateroom (since those things are not in your stateroom when you aren't in your stateroom). Therefore, for many people, what you are suggesting is waking up in the middle of the night to "plug and unplug", which is silly.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Since almost everything I have to power up uses a USB, Kindle, Phone, Computer. I use almost the same thing and it's no issue. I do bring an alarm clock that is battery operated and is lit when the lights are off; great as a night light too. My strip was taken a few cruises ago and have been using this ever since.

Did you see the story on the news today about the couple who died because their power strip started a fire in their stateroom on an Amazon River cruise? Scary stuff.

Actually, the couple's children are suing based on the fact that the cruise line did not provide a surge protected power strip. They completely have not understood the problem with surge protectors, they just know that there is a warning about surge protectors. I have not seen conclusive evidence that the fire was caused by the power strip.

I have a USB adapter with 4 ports that I got off Amazon. Works like a charm. Also as another poster mentioned, if you are going to get a USB multi plug, pick up a Europe adapter plug to take advantage of having another power source. That really should be plenty.