VIBE on Escape...is the name deceiving?!?

JPtheATC

Yes I've searched the boards and haven't really been able to find a concrete answer...the word VIBE to me conjures up an image of laughter, music and drinks in a private adult area for those that want to add (by that I mean pay for) a more VIP feel/experience to their cruise. However, I get the feeling that is more like a library where Happy Hour is frowned upon:hearteyes:! Can anyone confirm the atmosphere @ VIBE and/or their own experiences...maybe the "VIBE" just depends on who gets the passes;)

Thanks--JP

Yes I've searched the boards and haven't really been able to find a concrete answer...the word VIBE to me conjures up an image of laughter, music and drinks in a private adult area for those that want to add (by that I mean pay for) a more VIP feel/experience to their cruise. However, I get the feeling that is more like a library where Happy Hour is frowned upon:hearteyes:! Can anyone confirm the atmosphere @ VIBE and/or their own experiences...maybe the "VIBE" just depends on who gets the passes;)

Thanks--JP

It really depends on who the other people are. It never really got loud. From 8am until around it was always pretty quite. From 2pm to 4 or 5 their was always laughing at the bar....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXeroHJikWI

There's no music, and yes, the "vibe" depends on who is in there at the time.

On my cruise, the same group of maybe 5 to 10 passengers would come in and was rather loud.

They took over the hot tub and it was kind of annoying.

However, it was their vacation too and they were having a good time.

Hope to get passes on my next cruise. We loved it!

Thanks--JP

Nothing specifically VIBEy about it.

There is piped in music playing at low levels through speakers. If you aren't close to one you wouldn't hear it. We've been twice. The first time was a big, fun party. The 2nd time was quieter, except for a rude group who thought the whole place belonged to them. Still, that one became a party in the afternoons, too. I certainly wouldn't go in there expecting a quiet, serene setting. I would go in there looking to have some fun. I love the Vibe in Vibe.

As Rommel ( head bartender) told us it depends on the group. Our sailing we had a great group of people.

As mentioned laid back until people start bellying up to the bar then it became lively.

Shot O'clock ( Rommel) starts setting up shots for whoever wants one. Yes he will make one you suggest or have.

We had a person with a tiny Bluetooth speaker they played at the bar, not blaring just some music.

We ended up having a great time and enjoyed meeting/socializing with other in our own little world.

It does really depend on the individuals that week. Our first cruise someone also brought a bluetooth speaker and it was only loud enough to hear at the bar and everyone enjoyed having it there. The group was pretty chill and it was never a loud party place. Rommel loved our group and explained to us that the week before it was like a college spring break party and they loud, drunk and rude. We were just a bunch of people having fun talking and hanging out.

Our second cruise we had someone who complained that 3 people talking at the bar were making to much noise and he couldn't sleep in his lounge chair that was near the bar. He asked Rommel to tell them to keep quite. Rommel told him that they were not loud, drunk or obnoxious and to tell them himself to which he didn't and let it go. This guy didn't have to be by the bar. There were always 30-40 open loungers and he could have been anywhere and chose to be by the bar. He wanted his own quite sanctuary and was always giving people ugly looks and wanted nothing to do with everyone else. By mid week he move down towards the haven wall and someone brought out a bluetooth speaker and the rest of us had fun.

During our week on the Vibe it was both. The hot tub and bar were lively and fun - and we definitely had our share of fun.......and drinks. That said, it was mellow and relaxing in the other areas and we were able to relax, read and be pampered and spoiled by Michael - as he served drinks, fruit kabobs, etc. For us (at least in our week) it was the best of both worlds.