Towel Animals on Deck

DancinNancy

I have been reading reviews to prepare for our upcoming Pride cruise in Oct and have seen pictures where the pool is taken over by towel animals. My 7 year old is cruising with us and I know he would love to see this. I haven't cruised since 2013 and this is not something we have seen on our previous cruises. I was wondering if this is something they do on every sailing and will they let us know in the the funtimes when it is planned? Thank you for any information

I've heard it's done the morning of the last sea day. I'm not awake then, but I've seen some pictures with towel animals on loungers around the main pool. Looks like several dozen, have fun identifying all of them.

Like everything else, it is up to each ship to participate in this.

That being said, we have seen it on the last 7 or so cruises we have been on. It is almost always the last sea day, and they are only out there for a short time before passengers start taking them apart or moving them to get seats.

You can always get up around 7 and turn on the cabin TV to the lido camera the last few days to see if they are out there.. if so then grab your camera and son and have fun!

Funny I've always seen them on the last port day. I thought they did it then since most people were getting off the ship and not out at 5 am throwing their towels down to save a chair. You might want to check toward the end of the cruise on both sea and port days.

Funny I've always seen them on the last port day. I thought they did it then since most people were getting off the ship and not out at 5 am throwing their towels down to save a chair. You might want to check toward the end of the cruise on both sea and port days.

I too have always seen them on the last port day.

Check the Camp Carnival schedule. I think the towel animals on deck were the same day as the towel folding class in the theater. I remember because I had told me son about it, but he wasn't interested until he saw all of them on the pool deck that morning :-)

Oh and turn on the TV in the cabin. I knew to be in the lookout for it, but forgot because it was at the end of the cruise. It wasn't until I saw it on TV that I remembered! I want to say on the Pride it was the 2nd to last sea day. The last sea we did the Dr. Suess breakfast and I know it wasn't that day.

Edited by mom2oneXY
adding information

I have been reading reviews to prepare for our upcoming Pride cruise in Oct and have seen pictures where the pool is taken over by towel animals. My 7 year old is cruising with us and I know he would love to see this. I haven't cruised since 2013 and this is not something we have seen on our previous cruises. I was wondering if this is something they do on every sailing and will they let us know in the the funtimes when it is planned? Thank you for any information

We were on the Magic 2 weeks ago and it was done on our grand Turk day. We were on deck by 6:45 and they were all there! It was done on day 4 of 6 nights

They do not let you know.

We've been on the Pride 6 times, and they have had the towel animal display every time. The entire pool area is covered with them. They're in the pool, on the stage, next to the Blue Iguana, they're everywhere! I took loads of pictures, but don't know how to post them here.

Look it up on youtube and you'll see.

When boarding, ask your steward if he/she can let you know which morning they will be done. When we came back from dinner one night, he was out in the hall making the animals for the next morning, and he told us.

Your son will love it!

We'll be on the Pride again this Oct. too, for the Halloween cruise!

We've been on the Pride 6 times, and they have had the towel animal display every time. The entire pool area is covered with them. They're in the pool, on the stage, next to the Blue Iguana, they're everywhere! I took loads of pictures, but don't know how to post them here.

Look it up on youtube and you'll see.

When boarding, ask your steward if he/she can let you know which morning they will be done. When we came back from dinner one night, he was out in the hall making the animals for the next morning, and he told us.

Your son will love it!

We'll be on the Pride again this Oct. too, for the Halloween cruise!

I have a TON of pictures from the Pride when they did this. They seem to go really over the top with it, more so than other ships IMHO. OMG they were everywhere. I am a big kid and love the animals so much. I ask our steward to leave them all in the cabin for the entire cruise so I have a zoo. Then I take a picture of them all on the last night.