Category SC.& First time on Holland

gregbar

Hi all!

I booked our first cruise on Holland for January on the Oosterdam. I would love to hear your experiences.

How was dinner in the "special" suite area? How were the rooms and location? Were there any special requests you made that made your trip special? Were the bathrooms nice/spacious?

I want to hear it all!

Thanks in advance!

Not sure what you mean by dining in a special suite area. Yes, occupants of suites do get to have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. But if you wish to take other meals there, you will be charged. We have a guarantee suite booked for a Caribbean cruise in January and we are not even confirmed for our preferred early traditional dining.

Once you've had a Neptune Suite it will be difficult to downgrade to a lower category. I enjoy the Pinnacle breakfast and the Concierge Lounge. Not sure what you mean by dinner in the special suite area.

Roz

Congrats on your SC booking! Depending on the cruise and timing, they can be a big savings over SB and SA.

Do you have a specific suite already assigned or is it a guarantee? My only concern with booking an SC guarantee is that you might not end up on the same deck as the Neptune Lounge.

As others have mentioned, no special venue for dinner. You may eat breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill if you wish. It is quiet and the waiters there will get to know you.

Enjoy your SC and be aware they are habit forming. Love the aft facing wrap balconies.

Enjoy breakfast in the Pinnacle

the concierge in the Neptune Lounge

the coffee machine in the Neptune Lounge

Unlimited laundry

hours on the verandah

do I go on?

You will NEVER want to leave!

The Neptune Lounge is a peaceful place to grab coffee, snacks, watch the news, or work out something with the concierge. They can do most front office functions, like making change or printing your portfolio as well. Not being on the same deck as the NL isn't much of an inconvenience. The elevators work just fine. We've been in aft-wrap SB's on decks 5 and 7, as far from the NL and the SA's as you can get, and that only meant we were closer to the pool and MDR (Main Dining Room). There's a bright side to different cabin locations.

I do recommend breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. You'll get the same choices as in the MDR, but the service level is raised due to more personnel per guest. It's also quite comfortable and it has a nice view of the water.

Thanks so much for the responses. I thought I read somewhere there was a dedicated section of the dining room for suites with extra options. I guess I was mistaken since I can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

There's a suite benefit like that on Princess, but hot HAL.

Roz

Thanks so much for the responses. I thought I read somewhere there was a dedicated section of the dining room for suites with extra options. I guess I was mistaken since I can't find it anywhere.

On some ships or cruises, they don't have breakfast in the PG so they reserve a corner of the MDR for suite guests.

We made sure we booked one of the SC's on the same deck as tge Neptune Lounge. I just assume the rooms for SC's are less desirable for some reason.

We are very excited because this is our first Holland cruise.

Good for you! We had an SC on the Rotterdam Deck on the Zuiderdam (another Vista-class ship) just recently. In fact, it was one of the connecting suites (7089). We didn't think anything less desirable about the location, and there were no issues at all with noise coming through the connecting door.

Good for you! We had an SC on the Rotterdam Deck on the Zuiderdam (another Vista-class ship) just recently. In fact, it was one of the connecting suites (7089). We didn't think anything less desirable about the location, and there were no issues at all with noise coming through the connecting door.

Hey RJ2002, we have 7089 booked on a panama canal cruise in February but have not found much info on the room. Tell me everything you can about the room, and Pictures too?

Hey RJ2002, we have 7089 booked on a panama canal cruise in February but have not found much info on the room. Tell me everything you can about the room, and Pictures too?

Tons of pics on a lot of Neptune Suite cabins available on line. 7089 is not there but the next one is as well as the one across from the hall. Try googling with HAL cruiser information - and look at the Vista ships.

Other than the Noordam (which can have some minor changes in cabins), the other vista suites are pretty much identical.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures. The layout of the room is essentially the same as the other Neptunes, aside from those that are aft-facing. The connecting door is between the closet and the sofa. There are two arm chairs in the suite. They were originally placed on the far side of the coffee table, which sits in front of the sofa. We moved one of those chairs in front of the connecting door, which we thought was the perfect spot for it.... made the connecting door less noticeable. And as I mentioned, we had no noise issues.

As you can no doubt see from the deck plans, this suite is located close to the aft stairs and elevators, so it's a short journey up to the Lido (2 decks above). It's a bit of a walk down the corridor to the Neptune Lounge, but certainly manageable. We were down there multiple times a day. ;) If you are standing right at the rail on the balcony, occupants of cabins at the "bump out" section of the ship can see you. However, if you are sitting in the loungers, you have complete privacy. This was not an issue for us in either case.

I think you'll be happy with this suite!

Our last cruise, we booked an SA not really knowing much about it (our upcoming cruise is an SB). We felt so 'special' having a Neptune Suite, from the Neptune Lounge to eating breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. If we needed anything, the concierge in the Neptune Lounge was there. We visited it many times a day for their treats to their coffee. The room size is wonderful as is the size of the bathroom and the make up area, free laundry, robes, slippers, need I go on? As others have stated, once you experience this, you'll never want to go back!