Hotel or not in Canaveral?

TheTobiasTribe

I would not fly in the same day. MCO is an hour from the pier. It's a rough way to start vacation.

We have stayed in plenty of places in Coco - just look on departure boards to find something in your price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're around Sarasota and usual head over the day before. Even though it's only anbout 3 hour drive I prefer to be there in the morning as opposed to dealing with traffic and the unforeseen the day of. Usually stay at the Doubltree on Atlantic in Cocoa Beach. Nice pool, bar / lounge (if that's your thing) and good food. They put out a nice pizzza from the brick oven t the bar. 10 minute drive to the he port.

Homewood Suites is the newest on the beach and I well recommend it being that my family has stayed at most of the hotels in PC. This hotel is the best .

PC has many restaurants and and shopping areas. Fishlips ,Rusty's comes to mind where you can watch the ships depart while having your favorite tonic and food along with Coconuts down in Cocoa beach .Very enjoyable sites.

Homewood Suites is the newest on the beach and I well recommend it being that my family has stayed at most of the hotels in PC. This hotel is the best .

PC has many restaurants and and shopping areas. Fishlips ,Rusty's comes to mind where you can watch the ships depart while having your favorite tonic and food along with Coconuts down in Cocoa beach .Very enjoyable sites.

got a magnifying glass I could borrow?

Bill

got a magnifying glass I could borrow?

Bill

PC has many restaurants and and shopping areas. Fishlips ,Rusty's comes to mind where you can watch the ships depart while having your favorite tonic and food along with Coconuts down in Cocoa beach .Very enjoyable sites.:D

I would not fly in the same day. MCO is an hour from the pier. It's a rough way to start vacation.

We have stayed in plenty of places in Coco - just look on departure boards to find something in your price range.

OP isn't flying- Tampa's only about a 3 hour drive from Pt Canaveral...

OP- I used to live in Safety Harbor (Tampa area) and any time I cruised out of PC I'd try to stay the night before if possible... a lot of hotels offer a stay n park package for cruises which make it convenient... not to mention it's fun to start your vacay a day early!

Final comment- I-4! Need I say more? We all know what that highway can look like at the drop of a hat... cruised with girlfriends once and hubby drove over to pick us up after the cruise- took him over 4.5 hours to get there because of traffic. We just found a comfy spot to sit and wait, but I sweat thinking about what would have happened if we'd been stuck in that traffic getting to the port when we're leaving on a cruise, knowing that we might be missing the ship!

This hotel certainly is not on the beach

I sailed out of Port Canaveral in January - drove in from around Panama City the day prior and stayed at Homewood Suites. Sailing out of PC again in August and December, and both times I'm driving in the day prior. I like to start my vacations well-rested and dislike surprises like bad traffic.

Homewood Suites is nice - not on the beach, but brand new and has a kitchen in each room. In August, we're staying in Orlando for a concert the night prior, so probably not helpful. But in December, I'm booked at the Doubletree. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the hotels near the port - and a park and stay rate is always nice.

And finally, if you're lucky, there might be a rocket launch the night before your cruise - another reason to go early! I missed the launch in January by about 2 hours, but I heard it was pretty amazing! :(

We are sailing in September, live on West coast of FLA, heading out of Canaveral, is it worth staying the night before and please, ANY suggestions where!

TIA!

#2monthsandcounting

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

I'm just an hour from the port in Kissimmee and could easily head over the morning of sailing, and have done so in the past without issue. I feel that staying in a hotel the night before however starts the vacation earlier and there's also no worries of rushing the morning of the cruise. Definitely recommend pre night hotel!

This hotel certainly is not on the beach[/quote]

What a great catch :D. No not on the beach , closer to the port ,yes. PC is a beach area to me , my reasoning for saying that. However the hotels on the "beach froñt" are rather run down.

But we should be perfectly correct on these boards :rolleyes:

Edited by BoDidly
BS factor analogy .

I live in mid Florida, about hour and half from PC. I have a cruise coming up in Sept. and one in Nov. I am staying at a hotel the night prior, for both cruises.

I do not trust the traffic on I-4. I have seen an accident tie up traffic for hours, and accidents happen frequently on that highway. To miss my cruise, due to traffic would really upset me, so I always go early.

Usually stay at Radisson or Country Inn and Suites.

We always stay in Titusville, cheaper than Cocoa and only a few minutes from the port!!

We like Titusville too. The Hampton Inn there is nice and very reasonable. We park at the Park-n-Cruise on Merritt Island.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This hotel certainly is not on the beach[/quote]

What a great catch :D. No not on the beach , closer to the port ,yes. PC is a beach area to me , my reasoning for saying that. However the hotels on the "beach froñt" are rather run down.

But we should be perfectly correct on these boards :rolleyes:

Over-reaction alert !

We are sailing in September, live on West coast of FLA, heading out of Canaveral, is it worth staying the night before and please, ANY suggestions where!

TIA!

#2monthsandcounting

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

Radisson Resort at the Port is the closest hotel to the port. They have a nice swimming pool with a waterfall, Tiki bar at the pool, and an onsite restaurant. I enjoyed my stay there. They also offer a shuttle to the port (tip-sign up for the shuttle as soon as you arrive at the hotel to get an earlier shuttle).

Actually Country Inn & Suites is probably the closest hotel that has free parking if that is needed. We prefer it to the Radisson based on the way they handle their shuttle service. But there are lots of choices but definitely recommend staying the night prior to your cruise. Enjoy!