How to get Mariner Fares

calteacher

I've been reading about Mariner fares. Is there a magic number of mariner days required before one can quality? We have 190 mariner days and I have never been able to get a mariner fare. When I try a "fictional" booking, I get the same price if I indicate that I have a mariner number and give the number as when I say I do not have a mariner number.

Just wondering when that fare actually manifests itself. Thanks.

They're only available on certain sailings. You have plenty of days, because you only need one cruise. It's just that they don't always offer special Mariner rates.

My travel agents website automatically post Mariner fares when I check a particular cruise, if it is available.

I am signed up for their emails and they have my mariner number in their system: same if there is a fare for Marylanders, senior citizens, etc.

They are an agency that you have to telephone and for me it has always paid off to have my own agent: loyalty counts. For example that usually pays off in OBC, a bottle of wine, that sort of thing.

We have over 1000 actual sea days on HAL.

Maybe once we got a special rate for Mariner days. But nothing else.

When you book a penthouse suite that is what happens. The price is the price.... :p:p:p...... Just kidding.

But really my sis and bil cruised with us. They were in the penthouse (now called the Pinnacle Suite) We were in (Steerage) ov then a balcony our price went up and down their's didn't. When sis asked me about that I told her. You have the only penthouse on the ship. They "sold" it to you why would they want to change the price after it is "sold"!!!

We are five star and have never been offered a better price because we are a mariner.

We are also Australian and that should not, but probably does, make a difference. We never get upsells also. HAL says our location does not make any difference, but we have seen it proven several times - end of rant!

I also believed it was some kind of empty promise: you put your Mariner number in and it ALWAYS says "you are qualified for the best Mariner price!" but always the same price as a dummy bookings without the numbers.

Last week I booked two cabins to Hawaii in January 2017 and low and behold, my PCC came back with a lower Mariner price that both we (3*) and my sis/BIL (one cruise last year) qualified for! And none of this non-refundable deposit, either.

Wouldn't you know, the two of them don't want to go, boo hoo!

Got a two sheet mailing just yesterday with three of the page sides as charts of sailings that are Mariner special offers. I have not compared them to anything online. Lowest was a 7 nt Caribbean itinerary in an inside for $549 pp. It had both of our Mariner numbers on the cover page. Some nice prices on lots of different itineraries but not real far under what I would expect online. Too bad it will take another year to accumulate vacation time.

HAL runs specials from time to time. They show their Mariner Sales in the brochure they send you. They also reduce the price online when you log in. If you do not log in you see a higher price and once they know who you are you see a lower price. These specials are pretty rare but you can find some terrific bargains. Check the brochures you get in the mail!

HAL runs specials from time to time. They show their Mariner Sales in the brochure they send you. They also reduce the price online when you log in. If you do not log in you see a higher price and once they know who you are you see a lower price. These specials are pretty rare but you can find some terrific bargains. Check the brochures you get in the mail!

If only I would ( get them, I mean!) I have NEVER got an e-mail even though I allowed e-mails as advertisements and have signed up for specials countless times. Must be a European thing? And of course no Mariner fares, either. I must admit though that the itineraries we're interested in are almost always the ones that sell well! So specials are rare, anyway - sometimes we're lucky in snagging a last-minute deal.

If only I would ( get them, I mean!) I have NEVER got an e-mail even though I allowed e-mails as advertisements and have signed up for specials countless times. Must be a European thing? And of course no Mariner fares, either. I must admit though that the itineraries we're interested in are almost always the ones that sell well! So specials are rare, anyway - sometimes we're lucky in snagging a last-minute deal.

As per my earlier post, not only is it a European thing it is an Australian thing too. It seems you need to be American or Canadian for this stuff to happen, although HAL deny it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As per my earlier post, not only is it a European thing it is an Australian thing too. It seems you need to be American or Canadian for this stuff to happen, although HAL deny it.

Nope. I'm American and a 4* and I never get any emails or snail mail savings announcements.:( Some people DO seem to get them, though; there is a rumor that if you have a cruise booked, you won't get any marketing materials.

Nope. I'm American and a 4* and I never get any emails or snail mail savings announcements.:( Some people DO seem to get them, though; there is a rumor that if you have a cruise booked, you won't get any marketing materials.

How about upsell offers a few weeks before cruise date, do you get those?

We get brochures from HAL pretty often. (We just turned 2* last month.) A couple weeks ago, we found a Caribbean cruise for January and booking an aft balcony by entering our Mariner number was $90 per person less than what the non-Mariner number rate was. (I looked at the booking both ways.)

So, Mariner rates do exist on some cruises!

Very rarely have I seen the Mariner rate come up on a booking inquiry on the HAL website - it showed up as the regular price slashed through and a lower price in green.

Our current booking was done through a mega-TA that advertises on-line and I book by phone. Our often-used agent there got us a very nice deal, lower than their advertised price because he said he got us Mariner pricing. I don't know... I can't tell, other than what he said, but it was whole lot less than the HAL website. And the HAL website didn't show any green price for Mariners for that cruise.

It's all very mysterious, and getting worse in my opinion. m--

How about upsell offers a few weeks before cruise date, do you get those?

Yes, we have gotten those occasionally. Have not ever taken them since we are happy with the cabin we've picked and the price is a bit too high for us.