Parking at Cape Liberty Question

Sailingkidswine

Unless something's changed, it's per cruise. Don't recall the daily amount, but last time we were there, it was a flat fee for the cruise.

You might want to ask on the East Coast departures board.

They have a fairly new parking garage right next to the terminal, and it's $20 a day.

That is consistent with what I read online. It doesn't matter to me how the "days" are determined, but it does for one of our travel companions in terms of budgeting for the trip.

That is consistent with what I read online. It doesn't matter to me how the "days" are determined, but it does for one of our travel companions in terms of budgeting for the trip.

I still don't understand. Even if it's calculated from 00:01 to 24:00 or 24 per elapsed periods....the most difference upon exit would be $20.

If the budget is that tight, then this person may want to reconsider his/her travel plan.

I still don't understand. Even if it's calculated from 00:01 to 24:00 or 24 per elapsed periods....the most difference upon exit would be $20.

If the budget is that tight, then this person may want to reconsider his/her travel plan.

The friend and her two kids are essentially going for free (my mom is paying for them.) The friend will need to pay for a few things, such as parking and did her the $20 makes a difference so I said I would check. As a rule, I agree...I'd never travel if my budget was that tight but this is different.

We have used the garage 3 times and will again on Sunday. We have always paid whatever the per day price was x7.

This year the cost is $20 a day so we expect the parking fee to be $140 for our 7 night cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much. This is what I was looking for.

We have used the garage 3 times and will again on Sunday. We have always paid whatever the per day price was x7.

This year the cost is $20 a day so we expect the parking fee to be $140 for our 7 night cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is correct information. :cool:

It's $20 per day for parking. They have 5, 7, 9, and even more day cruises leaving Bayonne/Cape Liberty. One just needs to do the math to figure out how much the parking is going to be. :)

It's $20 per day for parking. They have 5, 7, 9, and even more day cruises leaving Bayonne/Cape Liberty. One just needs to do the math to figure out how much the parking is going to be. :)

As a math teacher, I can definitely do the math. :) It was more how the "day" was calculated. That makes the difference in this case.

We have cruised out of Cape Liberty 19 times. Love the new garage but get there early if you want to park indoors as RCCL's Anthem also sails out of Bayonne and they take up space in the garage as well. We just sailed from there July 7th and had to go up to level 4 to park. Level 5 is the top and outdoors.

It's $20 a day, so a 7 night cruise $140, 9 night cruise $180; 14 night cruise $280. It's the most convenient, safest way to park when you cruise out of Bayonne and still way cheaper than airline tickets.

We have cruised out of Cape Liberty 19 times. Love the new garage but get there early if you want to park indoors as RCCL's Anthem also sails out of Bayonne and they take up space in the garage as well. We just sailed from there July 7th and had to go up to level 4 to park. Level 5 is the top and outdoors.

What time did you arrive? Is there an optimum time when many have disembarked and the new rush has yet to start?

What time did you arrive? Is there an optimum time when many have disembarked and the new rush has yet to start?

We arrived around 9:45 am, dropped our luggage off and parked. It seemed mostly everyone was already off Summit and the cars that were there must have been for RCCL's Anthem when we entered the garage. We did see a few people leaving the garage at that time, but not many. When we disembarked on Sunday we were in the elevator with a gentleman that had to park up top on level 5. I should have asked him what time he arrived but was just focused on getting to the car and getting home.

We always arrive at 9:30, before the crowds roll in and a lot of the prior pax have already disembarked....which leaves plenty of spaces in the great garage. PS: Even if you don't get a space on a lower level, there are elevators! You don't have to walk up or down 4 levels. Happy cruising.

Our previous cruises we arrived between 10:30-11:00 am and had no trouble finding a spot in the garage.

We plan on the same arrival time this Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year we cruised on Summit departing on a Sunday. Obviously the only ship sailing that day.

When we got to the garage we were charged $140 upon entering.

Quite simple and a very convenient port to sail.

Last year we cruised on Summit departing on a Sunday. Obviously the only ship sailing that day.

When we got to the garage we were charged $140 upon entering.

Quite simple and a very convenient port to sail.

You do not pay upon entering the garage any longer. You take a ticket. You keep that ticket with you while on the cruise. After disembarkation you pay for parking at one of the ticket machines right outside the parking garage then use the paid, validated ticket to exit the garage. I liked it better when we paid upon entering as then we could just get our luggage and go, but I guess it was creating a back-up into the garage during peak times?! Don't really know for sure, but that's the only thing I could think of why they would change.

You do not pay upon entering the garage any longer. You take a ticket. You keep that ticket with you while on the cruise. After disembarkation you pay for parking at one of the ticket machines right outside the parking garage then use the paid, validated ticket to exit the garage. I liked it better when we paid upon entering as then we could just get our luggage and go, but I guess it was creating a back-up into the garage during peak times?! Don't really know for sure, but that's the only thing I could think of why they would change.

UGH!

enhance