Cheapest transportation from Orlando airport to port canaveral

Depends on how much the rental is. The least expensive alternative that I know of is a shuttle company called Cortrans, who will charge you $20.00 per person for the trip. Is your rental car less than $80,00 with everything included - taxes, fees, gas, insurance? Sometimes renting a car and then having to find a gas station is just exhausting. It might be worth looking into the shuttle, whom we have used and they are fabulous.

Depends on how much the rental is. The least expensive alternative that I know of is a shuttle company called Cortrans, who will charge you $20.00 per person for the trip. Is your rental car less than $80,00 with everything included - taxes, fees, gas, insurance? Sometimes renting a car and then having to find a gas station is just exhausting. It might be worth looking into the shuttle, whom we have used and they are fabulous.

Thank you so much! The car is $76 total.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last time we rented from MCO and dropped the car off at the pier there was a gas station or 2 right there.

Bill

Hi all,

I am traveling soon and rented a car for over night for 4 to travel from Orlando to port canaveral. Does that sound like the cheapest or has anyone gotten a better deal. Thanks in advance.

Ariana

If you are going straight from the airport to the cruise terminal, then I would choose the shuttle. However, if you are staying at a hotel in the Cocoa Beach area, then I'd choose the rental car for the convenience of being able to travel to dinner, supermarket, drug store, etc. For 4 people, the cost of each method is so close that I'd choose based on convenience.

Agree with Clarea...if you are staying in your port city for longer than 1 night, a rental is almost a must! Cabs can be pricey, if you want to go more than a few miles...and it gives you freedom to explore a bit!

Thank you so much! The car is $76 total.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rental car is a good choice since you are coming in the night before your cruise. This will allow you to make a stop to get anything you forgot. We actually don't pack shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, etc and go to CVS or Walgreens or even Publix and pick up that stuff once we get to Florida so we don't have to put those heavy items in our luggage. This will also let you choose where you want to eat as opposed to eating someplace in walking distance to your hotel.