Anthem obstructed balcony

Wondering about the obstructed balconies on the Anthem. I know on deck 6 there are lifeboats in front of many of the cabins. I was able to book one on deck 7 (room 7112)). I'm assuming it's because it's at the front of the ship and might be a little smaller because it starts to curve in but just curious if anyone has more information?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would go with deck 6. We were very pleased. The lifeboat is below and a bit out from your balcony. If you look down, you see deck 5 Promenade. If you look out, you see and unobstructed view. The only difference was, you had to stand up to see the ocean. No view except the promenade when sitting. For the money we saved, it was fine with us.

This is from cabin 6310, an obstructed view balcony cabin, on Anthem of the Seas, on May 9,2017.

The first is straight out from the balcony; the second is to the right, and you can see the divider to the cabin next door.

20170509_170805w.jpg

20170509_225335w.jpg

There have been quite a few threads on this subject. Recall a lengthy (and thorough) one from about two years ago on Quantum (same layout) that contained charts showing which deck 6 cabins were most and least obstructed. Also someone had walked down corridor and at each open cabin door took picture of balcony view. If you google cabin number there are a lot of pictures out there. Worst places I recall were aft section of starboard side which is right above outdoor smoking lounge and aft port above Jamie's (noise).

Was in 6162 on Anthem. A bit obstructed, but oversized balcony improved view. Unless you're a sun worshiper would keep that deck 7 porthole balcony.

Wondering about the obstructed balconies on the Anthem. I know on deck 6 there are lifeboats in front of many of the cabins. I was able to book one on deck 7 (room 7112)). I'm assuming it's because it's at the front of the ship and might be a little smaller because it starts to curve in but just curious if anyone has more information?

We had 7114, Wonderful cabin! I would take the 7th and 8th deck obstructed cabins over the 6th deck every time! (we had 6566 and didn't care for it at all)

Thanks for the picture. I can definitely live with that. Especially since I'll probably only be able to use it for half the cruise since it leaves in feb. for the money saved well worth it.

I LOVE sitting on my balcony in the snow!!!!!

IMG_2230.jpg

how much do you typically save on obstructed. i monitor only 2 cruises on anthem but for those its less than 100 PP usually.

It's about 80pp on my feb 17 cruise. My wife and I have always stayed in inside rooms on previous cruises and I always do when going with friends. When I was younger and would cruise with my parents we'd usually have a jr suite--I knew if my wife had a balcony I'd be done for moving forward. Last cruise we did and now that's all I'm allowed to book. While 80pp isn't much to save from obstructed to non--I don't mind it (and hopefully she won't notice) since the cruise leaves in Feb and will be cold 4 out of the 8 days at least. If it was leaving from Florida I might reconsider an obstructed for a non due to better weather and views.

• 2 months later...
We have a hold on 6566 and can't decide what to do- do you have any pictures to share?
I'm sorry, I don't have any photos, but you probably can search for some. It is listed as 50% obstructed, and it is over the mid-point of the lifeboat.

We have a hold on 6566 and can't decide what to do- do you have any pictures to share?

My Mom had 6166 which is same cabin on other side of ship. The view from the balcony was the side of a lifeboat. You can see if you stand at the rail, otherwise view is lifeboat. The cabin is also a connecting cabin. It is in a decent location by the forward elevators.