Summit Delayed Today?

Marleycruiser

DaniDyanielle - Can I ask you a few questions?

Dress Code- I was going to bring some nice jeans and black shoes with button down collared shirts, is this acceptable on non formal nights? For formal nights, I was just going to dress business casual (nice pear of pants with a button down dress shirt and dress shoes). Wanted to make sure this was ok?

Boarding Time - What time did you guys commence boarding?

Parking - Did you park? If so can you share your experience?

Thank you in advance.

Your clothes are perfect. Even formal night was more casual than formal. We were onboard around 11:15, were given a glass champagne and we were off to the buffet! Parking is $20.00 a day, and is right across the street from the terminal. We live on Staten Island so were dropped off but my neighbor used the garage. No problems. I believe it is indoor parking so the car will be okay! Any other questions feel free to ask.

We ate in the MDR, food was good and service was excellent! Luminae's menus looked good but we were in a balcony room so didn't eat there. We were given the same loyalty level we have with Royal so we're Elite on Summit. Two hour cocktail hour each night in Revelations. Staff was over the top. Knew our drinks by second night. The hamburgers and hot dogs and fries by the pool are addictive. At night part of the buffet is opened with salads and ice cream. Check out afternoon tea things in the buffet, around 3:30. Plenty of desserts and fresh made donuts. Take the galley tour, very interesting. Shows were good, standard old time cruise shows.

If you can it would be nice to hear how the suite life is!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your clothes are perfect. Even formal night was more casual than formal. We were onboard around 11:15, were given a glass champagne and we were off to the buffet! Parking is $20.00 a day, and is right across the street from the terminal. We live on Staten Island so were dropped off but my neighbor used the garage. No problems. I believe it is indoor parking so the car will be okay! Any other questions feel free to ask.

Does everyone get champagne when they embark?

Yep, or a mimosa, nice touch

Complimentary? We have the premium package so it doesn't really matter to us, but my mom and friend are traveling w/us and don't. Any "free" drinks will be very much appreciated to help control $ for them.

Appreciate the come back...... Hopefully nothing too serious but I am sure more details will be provided in the hors/days to come...

Not sure whT THE PROBLEM IS but now there is a crane next to the Summit. You can see it Bayonne web cam

Edited by RetireeMJ
miss information

Onboard Summit in the PH right now and was told by Manuela the Michaels club concierge that the problem is with a lifeboat.

One was lowered and they can't get it back up.

Capt Alex just made an announcement that we are very close to departure!!!

We hope so!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Complimentary? We have the premium package so it doesn't really matter to us, but my mom and friend are traveling w/us and don't. Any "free" drinks will be very much appreciated to help control $ for them.

Complimentary. Tell them to keep their eyes open, there are quite a few champagne giveaways around the ship! The Martini Bar also had some specials.

Yes the welcome aboard Champagne/Mimosas are free to everyone during boarding. I often get more than one, there is a trick to that. ;p

Also go to the Captains Welcoming Toast in the Theatre, usually on the first formal night which more often than not is the 2nd night of the cruise. Plenty of Free drinks there! Go to both early and late seatings and you can really get hammered! :D.

You can also go to any Art Gallery/Boutique give away things where they will give you free champagne if you show interest. There are plenty of ways to get free drinks". Have fun discovering them all !! Just don't buy anything or that will make them not so free...:confused:

Note: The free drinks are not really of Premium quality, but it accomplishes it's goal.

Yes the welcome aboard Champagne/Mimosas are free to everyone during boarding. I often get more than one, there is a trick to that. ;p

Also go to the Captains Welcoming Toast in the Theatre, usually on the first formal night which more often than not is the 2nd night of the cruise. Plenty of Free drinks there! Go to both early and late seatings and you can really get hammered! :D.

You can also go to any Art Gallery/Boutique give away things where they will give you free champagne if you show interest. There are plenty of ways to get free drinks". Have fun discovering them all !! Just don't buy anything or that will make them not so free...:confused:

Note: The free drinks are not really of Premium quality, but it accomplishes it's goal.

I'll tell them to find the tricks. :D

Onboard Summit in the PH right now and was told by Manuela the Michaels club concierge that the problem is with a lifeboat.

We hope so!!!

I know you've missed Maja but I've read that Manuela is excellent. If you're in "48" tell Judas and I Gusti that Janice says hello (I was on July 7th sailing). Enjoy and if you have a chance can you let me know who the Luminae Maitre'd is? I think Laurence left for vacation today. Enjoy!

We hope so!!!

We had the same thing happen two years ago, said it was a lifeboat problem. We didn't leave to Midnight.