Sorry - stupid drink package question

i assume you can order drinks using deluxe package for glasses of wine when eating in restaurant.

If this is the case why does the wording mention getting 40% off bottles of wine ? Surely you would order by the glass ?

Am I missing something ?

Thanks

Dave

i assume you can order drinks using deluxe package for glasses of wine when eating in restaurant.

If this is the case why does the wording mention getting 40% off bottles of wine ? Surely you would order by the glass ?

Am I missing something ?

Thanks

Dave

Not all wine is available by the glass. If you want some wine that is only available by the bottle, then the 40% off comes into play.

I have also bought bottles of wine at one of the bars and taken to my cabin. At the discount price it's almost worth it to not have to carry it. I bought some really nice wines with the discount for not much more than I pay at home. As Bob pointed out there are some nice wines you can't get by the glass. When we sailed Allure in November we bought a bottle (or three) at Chops that weren't available by the glass. DW has some discriminating tastes for Chardonnay with her dinner.

For my tastes, the by the glass menu is more than adequate when I have the drink package. However, the bottle list is quite a bit more extensive. Works well for people who like a specific wine, or as mentioned, would like to share with others as the bottles purchased with that discount are allowed to be shared.

If you have the package, you will order "by the glass"..that's the most cost effective way. If you want to buy a bottle, it's not covered by the package, and you can share as you see fit.[/quote

If you have a package you get a good discount (I believe around 30-40%) on a bottle. If you purchase by the bottle you can share with your table mates. So it is covered by package.

On FOS last summer I had a drink package. I ordered a glass of wine at our first dinner and had a glass waiting every night after that. I was happy with that. The DW ordered a martini the first night and had one waiting every night as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have always been able to find some wines we like by the glass, but as already said choice by the bottle is much larger, but most of the wine we like was over the 12 dollar limit so we had lots of charges for 3 and 4 dollars, so if you want a 16 dollar glass of wine package cover 1st 12 and you pay extra 4 plus tip on the 4, not all bars or restaurants have same list of wines