Would like Barcelona Cruise port information

Does anyone know which of the many Barcelona port berths the NCL Spirit uses? Or does it change? I will be on the Feb. 3 cruise and hoping to plan a few pre-cruise days in Barcelona. It might help with planning if I know which port they use. Thanks for any info.

Does anyone know which of the many Barcelona port berths the NCL Spirit uses? Or does it change? I will be on the Feb. 3 cruise and hoping to plan a few pre-cruise days in Barcelona. It might help with planning if I know which port they use. Thanks for any info.

NCL website: https://www.ncl.com/getting-to-the-pier/driving-directions#barcelona

We always stay at the Hilton Diagonal Mar (use to be an NCL hotel in the past). Across a big mall and near the subway line.

NCL use the Terminals at Quai Adossat, as most of the major lines. It could be terminal A, B, C or D, depending on what ships are in port, although that makes little difference to where you would stay.

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/cruise-port/map-of-barcelona-port.html

It is one of these that is fairly close to the city centre, but you need transport to get there with bags.

There is a shuttle bus which runs from near the Columbus statue at the end of Las Ramblas. I've never used it, so can't comment on how good the service is, but a hotel somewhere on Las Ramblas could be convenient for that.

My advice for a Barcelona hotel would be to get one fairly central, which is convenient for exploring the city and then use a taxi to get to the cruise port. There are loads of decent hotels in Barcelona. Everyone will have different recommendations, and I rarely hear bad stories, so just look at something like tripadvisor and go for something in your price range with a central location and decent reviews.

Barcelona is fantastic for a pre cruise stay. I'd really recommend staying for a few days.

Thanks for the info. I had read all the stuff on the ports but wasn't sure how to figure the terminals actually used. I am traveling with my adult daughter so as soon as I know how much time she can afford to take off work in addition to the cruise I will get to work. I checked on some a friend recommended and they were booked up for February already! She was just there beginning of summer.

As said, it will not change no matter which berth you are at.

We have done Barcelona many times. It is a 15-30 minute cab ride depending on where you are headed. There are a ton of hotels on or near Ramblas, and you can explore from there very easy. You can grab a cab from your hotel to get to the ship with no problems at all.

One hint. Guessing you are flying in. Have the name of your hotel on your phone or printed on a piece of paper for the cab ride from the airport. Not all drivers speak english.

We ended up in Barcelona on our most recent trip in the blog below.

There is a shuttle bus which runs from near the Columbus statue at the end of Las Ramblas. I've never used it, so can't comment on how good the service is, ..

The Blue port bus is great, frequent and fast to and from the ship for a few Euro. If OP or someone else thinks of walking the bridge to port; don't do it. :D

There will be many hotel recommendations for hotels so shopping around and checking prices is a good idea. We stayed at the NCL choice of hotel because the price was right and it was in the gothic area where we wanted to be in Barcelona. Easy to walk around and plenty of places for Tapas. We walked behind a walking tour for a hot minute and then went on about touring by ourselves. We did take https://barcelonadaytours.com/ for a full-day tour of Barcelona and Montserrat which was worth every cent. You do not go inside La Sagrada Familia on this tour but we did get out and walk around outside with the guide telling us everything about the structure. We both Barcelona.