Oasis of the Seas Solarium Dinner

Is the Solarium now a complimentary selection for dinner aboard the Oasis? Has anyone had dinner there? If so, was the food and service good compared to the MDR?
I know it is complementary and have heard good things about it but haven't been there ourselves.

Is the Solarium now a complimentary selection for dinner aboard the Oasis? Has anyone had dinner there? If so, was the food and service good compared to the MDR?

Complimentary except for two entrees, one of which is lamb. Can't remember the second one.

Here's my review from earlier this month...

Dinner at Solarium Bistro was interesting if nothing else. The half-buffet concept was a little weird but I guess it’s not that different from a full-service restaurant that has a salad bar. The appetizer/salad bar had some unique items with an international flair. While DW had her standard Caesar salad and a bit of lasagna (not my idea of an appetizer but so be it) I stuck with my standard plan of eating as much seafood as possible (b/c DW won’t eat it so I don’t get much at home). I had shrimp, green mussels, and calamari. The mussels were especially good. For our entrées DW ordered chicken kebabs while I chose the red snapper. One interesting aspect of the appetizer bar was a collection of mason jars with various items and sauces so DW used the tzatziki for her chicken. She ate it but, as expected, didn’t exactly love it. She also said her rice wasn’t nearly warm enough. My fish was OK but unremarkable. DW didn’t care for any of the desserts (also served buffet style) while I thought the one that looked like some sort of beignet or donut hole in honey sauce was tasty (I think it was a Greek dessert or at least something Mediterranean-ish). Overall, I’d say Solarium Bistro is worth trying for dinner at least once just b/c it’s fairly unique and complimentary. If I had paid the previously required cover charge I would have been disappointed.

... If I had paid the previously required cover charge I would have been disappointed.

We cruised on Oasis a couple of years ago, and the Solarium Bistro was $15 then. However, the menu was a bit different and included an excellent bison steak. We liked it so much we went back a second night. I think I'd feel a bit shortchanged if I was paying extra for the current menu.

DO you need pressies or can we just walk in? I would like to give it a try we have my time dining booked and ressies in the MDR would I need to change them??

You can walk in, but I'd suggest reservations. You would not need to change My Time reservations if you have a reservation at Solarium Bistro. However, if you want to walk-in later than your My Time reservation, then I'd call the MTD desk and cancel so someone else can use your table.

You can walk in, but I'd suggest reservations. You would not need to change My Time reservations if you have a reservation at Solarium Bistro. However, if you want to walk-in later than your My Time reservation, then I'd call the MTD desk and cancel so someone else can use your table.

Thanks, and can I make these reservations online before I sail?