Regal Princess-forward - cabins in front of the boat

Mp:)

We booked a M6 category cabin in the regal for march 2018. It is our second cruise on that boat and had, previously a mini suit in the middle of the boat.

What do you think of our choice ( we never had an issue with sea sickness)?

Good Luck! We had a mini suite in the front of the Island Princess. It was a great cabin, until we hit a gale with winds of 70 MPH. After 35 cruises I got sick for the first time. I wasn't the only one, there were barf bags all over the ship, even hanging on the railings in the elevators. I think if we hadn't hit the storm I would have been okay.

BTW - it is a ship, not a boat - boats are the orange things hanging from the side.

BTW- I am French Canadian...sorry for my mystakes... I do my best...;)

BTW - it is a ship, not a boat - boats are the orange things hanging from the side.

BTW- I am French Canadian...sorry for my mystakes... I do my best...;)

Just kidding - however - some of the officers might take offense and keelhaul you - LOL

We booked a M6 category cabin in the regal for march 2018. It is our second cruise on that boat and had, previously a mini suit in the middle of the boat.

Depending on the weather, good luck. You'll get more motion in those cabins than anywhere else on the ship.

Mjdship is best if it gets rough. Side roll can be controlled with the stabilizers - forward pitch is another thing

Princess made cruising popular with the TV presentation "LOVE BOAT"

WERE THEY WRONG?????

We were in M107 on the Regal Baltic and M103 on the Royal in the Med and loved both. The views were very special. We were fortunate in both cases that the seas were pretty calm.

Our favorite cabin on Royal/Regal is L101 on Lido deck...all the way forward above the bridge. Love the view, love the convenience and you can most certainly access the balcony when the ship is sailing. Best kept secret on these ships;p

Our favorite cabin on Royal/Regal is L101 on Lido deck...all the way forward above the bridge. Love the view, love the convenience and you can most certainly access the balcony when the ship is sailing. Best kept secret on these ships;p

At least you don't have the soot to contend with. ;)

The far forward cabins are absolutely awful!. It is awful standing out there on sail away, being one of the few who actually look straight out. The total unobstructed view leaving the harbour. And the huge space with the hull of the ship often acting as a wind deterrent. The reclining chairs with ottomans work perfectly for an afternoon nap, and you sit low enough that that hull directs all the wind above you. Remember that view....well you can invite a dozen of your new friends to enjoy it with you, without feeling crowded. Sure there may be a little wind at time, but that won't bother the items stored safely in the space at the front of the balcony to dry.

My DH told me to stop telling peeps how great these cabins are, there are getting harder and harder to book.

The far forward cabins are absolutely awful!. It is awful standing out there on sail away, being one of the few who actually look straight out. The total unobstructed view leaving the harbour. And the huge space with the hull of the ship often acting as a wind deterrent. The reclining chairs with ottomans work perfectly for an afternoon nap, and you sit low enough that that hull directs all the wind above you. Remember that view....well you can invite a dozen of your new friends to enjoy it with you, without feeling crowded. Sure there may be a little wind at time, but that won't bother the items stored safely in the space at the front of the balcony to dry.

My DH told me to stop telling peeps how great these cabins are, there are getting harder and harder to book.

We just have to stop talking about these cabins because next time we want one it will already be booked! We just booked L101 (again) on Royal for 2019, but I'm sure we'll hate it.;p

Well, I am taking "one for the team" and booking one of the "absolutely awful" far forward cabins. Got L101 on Regal for a March 2019 cruise. Excited is an understatement.

Well, I am taking "one for the team" and booking one of the "absolutely awful" far forward cabins. Got L101 on Regal for a March 2019 cruise. Excited is an understatement.
Aww, too bad you have to deal with that HUGE balcony, so close to EVERYTHING and being a DELUXE stateroom to boot. Try to have a good time anyway......:D

I just watched a YouTube video by Scott Singer and he loved his forward cabin on the Royal Princess.

Take a look and see what you think.

Tony

Mjdship is best if it gets rough. Side roll can be controlled with the stabilizers - forward pitch is another thing

Another way of looking at it, a boat is what you get into if the ship starts to sink!:o

Good Luck! We had a mini suite in the front of the Island Princess. It was a great cabin, until we hit a gale with winds of 70 MPH. After 35 cruises I got sick for the first time. I wasn't the only one, there were barf bags all over the ship, even hanging on the railings in the elevators. I think if we hadn't hit the storm I would have been okay.

70MPH winds? WOW. Where were you?

That is just barely shy of a hurricane. If you hit 70 MPH winds, you are in for a rough ride regardless of where your cabin is.

• 2 months later...

I booked B101 on the Regal for my next cruise. Cabin seems large and love the big windows in the bedroom.

We find L101/102 the best value cabins on the Royal and Regal. We mostly book M107/108 and love it but you end up paying a premium for it.

As far the the forward facing cabins go, you either love it or hate it depending on how you relate to the wind issues.

Todd