My RCL/Oasis newbie dumb questions thread.

Regarding your other question, the easiest way to get between Orlando and Miami is a rental car. In our case renting at MCO, keeping car at Disney and dropping off in Ft Lauderdale. Of course in our case we are staying at the hotel with Avis closest to the port. Check with the Florida Departures board for advice for the Miami port.

Sorry, my wording was awkward. I meant "I'm used to sailing out of PoM and I'm used to these shuttle services (examples). Can anyone recommend similar services for PC to MCO?"

In the time since I posted that, I found one that looks similar (small shared shuttle), "go port canaveral".

Sorry, my wording was awkward. I meant "I'm used to sailing out of PoM and I'm used to these shuttle services (examples). Can anyone recommend similar services for PC to MCO?"

In the time since I posted that, I found one that looks similar (small shared shuttle), "go port canaveral".

We've used Cortans between PC and MCO several times with excellent results. Cost is $20 per person.

We've used Cortans between PC and MCO several times with excellent results. Cost is $20 per person.

Thank you!

Next dumb question ... am I correct in presuming there's no scooped ice cream to be had without an upcharge?

I'm a buffet person (don't have the patience for MDRs and I dine alone), really liked NCL's hot dessert + hot caramel sauce station right next to the scooped ice cream at the buffet. Trying to manage expectations.

Thank you!

Next dumb question ... am I correct in presuming there's no scooped ice cream to be had without an upcharge?

I'm a buffet person (don't have the patience for MDRs and I dine alone), really liked NCL's hot dessert + hot caramel sauce station right next to the scooped ice cream at the buffet. Trying to manage expectations.

There is scooped ice cream available in the Main Dining Room every night, no extra charge. Windjammer (buffet) also has scooped ice cream from time to time.

Thank you!

Want to say every night I saw hand scoop up in Wind Jammer on Oasis. Think I also recall hearing/seeing an ice cream cart a few times during lunch.

Sent from a mobile device

Finally, I'd take any recommendations people have for quiet, shaded or indoor spots I can get away from the crowds and write.

I really like Dazzles as a quiet indoor space during the day. It does get used for functions like the Meet and Mingle and Returning Cruisers parties, so it is not always available, but it is a beautiful space with lots of natural light thanks to the huge window overlooking the Boardwalk. It has a downstairs bit and an upstairs bit on decks 8 and 9 respectively. On deck 8, you would go through Central Park to get to it.

I really like Dazzles as a quiet indoor space during the day. It does get used for functions like the Meet and Mingle and Returning Cruisers parties, so it is not always available, but it is a beautiful space with lots of natural light thanks to the huge window overlooking the Boardwalk. It has a downstairs bit and an upstairs bit on decks 8 and 9 respectively. On deck 8, you would go through Central Park to get to it.

Thanks! That does look nice. Have also wondered about the Champagne Bar, I've seen a lot of empty-looking pics.

Thanks to those who replied about ice cream!

I always bring more than one empty water bottle. I ask my cabin attendant to fill my ice bucket twice a day, and empty this into my bottles. I also get the glasses in the Windjammer, and dump those in. (I normally carry a water bottle around at home, and have two in the fridge, so this is normal for me.) You can get glasses of water at any bar. I did get the soda package on Allure because they had the Freestyle machines. I enjoyed the options of PowerAide Zero, flavored water, diet lemonade, etc.

On my last Liberty cruise, I brought a case of bottled water on board, and ended up never even opening it. There are so many places/options to get water it wasn't needed.

Finally, I'd take any recommendations people have for quiet, shaded or indoor spots I can get away from the crowds and write. Gambee's review is giving me a tiny dose of buyer's remorse (yes I am within PIF) but I have to keep reminding myself that Gambee likes the sun and the busier public venues, and is clearly more of a people person than I am. :) (in other words, I'm aware that just because he tends to take pictures of crowded areas, it doesn't mean the whole ship is crowded.) I'm just trying to figure out what I'll use as my stand-in for the NCL thermal suites. I thought it might be the Solarium, but looking at pictures now I see it's not the same deal at all (person-to-resource ratio is far worse, it seems ... I guess I was expecting something more like the lovely adult pool deck on X).

I'm sure I'll have more dumb questions soon.

Go down to deck 5 (I think) - its the jogging track deck and go all the way to the back. They have chairs back there and you can just look off into the ocean. I love it back there!!

I agree that the best quiet spot is deck five aft. On lido deck aft on each side are some chairs that are set back from the crowds. There are people around but many, myself included, found it to be a great shaded nap spot.

To echo others, water and ice will be readily available.

Hi Cruiser

We like your opening for info it's a smile.As for your water question I believe you got your answers. As for shuttle to and from Orlando air to Port Canaveral .We have used Cortrans Service in the past both ways and agree with Clarea. They always have come through very well. We usually use SAS Shuttle, when cruising out Mia or FLL. Anyway enjoy your cruise:D.

Cruising the best of times

kruise runner:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone pictures of Park Cafe on Oasis, especially the inside? Yes I did try google first. And Flickr.

I had the same difficulty before I cruised. I am pretty sure that Gambee has some on his review of oasis. I don't know if I can put links here or not, but it is cruisewithgambee.com. I believe you can also find YouTube vids of park cafe. Another suggestion is looking for Allure pics. It is exactly the same. If you have any questions about the layout, let me know.

I had the same difficulty before I cruised. I am pretty sure that Gambee has some on his review of oasis. I don't know if I can put links here or not, but it is cruisewithgambee.com. I believe you can also find YouTube vids of park cafe. Another suggestion is looking for Allure pics. It is exactly the same. If you have any questions about the layout, let me know.

Thanks!

What's the temperature like during the day in Central Park? If it's one of those days when it's roasting on the pool deck, will it be just as bad in Central Park, or do they have some sort of ventilation?

This will be mid-September, so I'm assuming it'll still be crazy hot (although I've only cruised in Sept once).

What's the temperature like during the day in Central Park? If it's one of those days when it's roasting on the pool deck, will it be just as bad in Central Park, or do they have some sort of ventilation?

This will be mid-September, so I'm assuming it'll still be crazy hot (although I've only cruised in Sept once).

It definitely can get hot in CP. It is offset by breezes though, especially when the ship is moving, I was surprised at this. Also, there is plenty of shade to be found which helps if you want to sit down for a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone pictures of Park Cafe on Oasis, especially the inside? Yes I did try google first. And Flickr.

If you received the most current email from Cruise Critic there is an article about the top 14 cruise ships in the Caribbean. Oasis is listed as #1. If you click on it you can take a photo tour of the entire ship including all restaurants, bars, activity areas...

If you received the most current email from Cruise Critic there is an article about the top 14 cruise ships in the Caribbean. Oasis is listed as #1. If you click on it you can take a photo tour of the entire ship including all restaurants, bars, activity areas...

Thanks!

Where I can I get eggs Benedict in the morning, does it have to be MDR?

On Oasis, it would have to be the MDR. Coastal Kitchen would also be an option if you are in a Grand Suite or better or are Pinnacle level in Crown & Anchor.