Regal princess Mini Suite - "Princess will select"

Clampram

I'm hoping for a little guidance so I can make a good choice. We are looking at a cruise on the Regal princess and we want a mini suite. Either category MF or ME are possibilities for us but we can't pick our room since the ship is pretty booked. TA says we will be guaranteed whatever category we pick or higher. Since our category will be either MF or ME, will they assign us a minisuite most likely higher up on the Lido or Marina Deck?

We just don't want to be near the aft portion of the ship but we don't mind the front at all. Is there a minisuite that Princess may pick that is less desirable, due to location, noise, etc??

Thanks for any help/guidance in advance!

I'm hoping for a little guidance so I can make a good choice. We are looking at a cruise on the Regal princess and we want a mini suite. Either category MF or ME are possibilities for us but we can't pick our room since the ship is pretty booked. TA says we will be guaranteed whatever category we pick or higher. Since our category will be either MF or ME, will they assign us a minisuite most likely higher up on the Lido or Marina Deck?

We just don't want to be near the aft portion of the ship but we don't mind the front at all. Is there a minisuite that Princess may pick that is less desirable, due to location, noise, etc??

Thanks for any help/guidance in advance!

Check out the deck plans. MF and ME appear to be forward and if you get upgraded to a better cabin category, there do not appear to be AFT mini suites. Looks like those are all balcony rooms. Check out the deck plan and see if you would you be OK, with any of the other options if you got upgraded to something better than ME or MF. We were worried about being up on Marina (M422) below the Sea View Bar, but it was a fabulous stateroom and we did not mind the blue light at night, at all. There was not excessive noise during the times we were in our cabin either.

Good luck!

If you are worried about where you will be assigned a cabin then DON'T do a GTY.

Pick the cabin you want in the location you want, otherwise you are at the mercy of Princess as far as cabin assignment/location.

I think I am leaning towards that philosophy as well. I don't want a less than desirable location for us.

I think I am leaning towards that philosophy as well. I don't want a less than desirable location for us.

Pick the cabin you like and mark it as no upgrades. I wouldn't care for the rooms which have the sea walk nearby, but that is just me.

I'll put it this way, if I were on deck 11 or lower I would be okay with it, but not Marina deck in the middle on the sea walk side.

We had A221 last year and it was toward the front section, and it was a very nice location.

If you are worried about where you will be assigned a cabin then DON'T do a GTY.

Pick the cabin you want in the location you want, otherwise you are at the mercy of Princess as far as cabin assignment/location.

Exactly! Hard to regret paying for a cabin you won't like.

OP states that they can't choose a cabin now .

Are there undesirable mini's ? Yes , for some those mini's under the Skywalk bother them .

We had one of those as we booked a mini gty and were upgraded to it . We were not bothered by guests on the Skywalk at all .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For what it's worth, we had a midforward mini suite on Lido deck. L221. Loved the location so much!

id greatly appreciate any insight as to this location. from what i gather the worse noise you may hear would be deck chairs in the AM. i'm thinking about a mini right in that area.

id greatly appreciate any insight as to this location. from what i gather the worse noise you may hear would be deck chairs in the AM. i'm thinking about a mini right in that area.

I don't recall even hearing that much! I think you will enjoy the location if you like the proximity to the pools, bars and buffet. It was wonderful being able to walk a few paces from room and grab a drink, a snack, quick dip in the hot tub at night, MUTS, breakfast in the am. Really enjoyed it. Did not feel excessive movement either, but our seas were very calm that trip.

I don't recall even hearing that much! I think you will enjoy the location if you like the proximity to the pools, bars and buffet. It was wonderful being able to walk a few paces from room and grab a drink, a snack, quick dip in the hot tub at night, MUTS, breakfast in the am. Really enjoyed it. Did not feel excessive movement either, but our seas were very calm that trip.

thanks for the quick reply. my gf has a bad knee so stairs will never really be an option and this location seemed to be perfect. too perfect ;)

we are not pool people but do like the hot tubs and access to all that food so close by. even going out to get a quick soda. i have reviewed the patters and i dont even see the hours of the pools. do you happen to know how long the hot tubs are open. i love those late nite hot tubs and on NCL we took advantage of those a few nights even in december.

It's all about the category. MF<ME<MD<MC<MB<MA<M1<S6<S5<S4<S3<S2<S1. If you book MF, they can put you in MF or anything higher. If you book ME, they can put you in ME or anything higher, etc. If there are any categories higher than the fare category you've selected but that you don't want, you're at risk of getting a cabin in that category, plain and simple.