Friends of Bill W - Attendance and Topic Question

roberooski

Hi All!

Friend of Bill W here and I'm curious to get information from any of you out there who are as well and have attended the onboard meetings. Can you give me an idea of what they're like? Who leads them? Are there speakers? How is the attendance (small, large?)?

Any information would be helpful!

Thanks!

Thanks for your response 1025Cruise :) Yeah, they're every day. I was just curious about who leads the meetings (is there someone on board, is it "nominated" on the first day, etc), how well attended they are (do they tend to have less than 10 people, between 10 and 20, 20 or more, etc)....things like that.

I appreciate your input very much :)

Best,

R

Also a friend of bill's I've never been to a meeting on a cruise. Definitely will be there. R

I've never been to one on a ship either. I'm going on the Dawn on August 18th.....am I going before your upcoming cruise?

I'm not a Friend but have a couple among my acquaintances. They have said the meetings on board usually start out small, with maybe just a few people the first couple of days. After that they tend to grow, and both said they get to be about 20 people attending. They both said it's nice to know another friend of Bill W on board, although neither was particularly in need of a friend during the cruise.

Hubby has been a friend of Bill W since October of last year. We had cruise booked with an unlimited beverage package all paid for when he became a friend. With only a month of sobriety, we went on our cruise (Getaway) and the meetings every night before dinner helped him get through each day. The amount of people that attended varied, but the support of those that did attend helped him a great deal during our cruise. He is still in touch with a few of them till this day. Because of the great experience he had with these meetings, he was on board with booking another cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hubby has been a friend of Bill W since October of last year. We had cruise booked with an unlimited beverage package all paid for when he became a friend. With only a month of sobriety, we went on our cruise (Getaway) and the meetings every night before dinner helped him get through each day. The amount of people that attended varied, but the support of those that did attend helped him a great deal during our cruise. He is still in touch with a few of them till this day. Because of the great experience he had with these meetings, he was on board with booking another cruise.

My husband has also been sober since October. We just had a cruise on the Pearl to Alaska this month. He never went to a meeting, even though he attends them regularly at home. Maybe because he had several months of sobriety behind him and didn't feel the need. We also had the UBP

My husband has also been sober since October. We just had a cruise on the Pearl to Alaska this month. He never went to a meeting, even though he attends them regularly at home. Maybe because he had several months of sobriety behind him and didn't feel the need. We also had the UBP

Yeah, DH was only days from completing one month of sobriety and he needed the meetings daily at the time. Now he's 10 months sober, I don't see him going daily on our next cruise in Nov, but just knowing that the meetings are available helps.

Yankees111 - be glad you don't know! ;) I wish I didn't, but MAN, I'm proud to be his friend now!

Best,

R

I didn't know either although I have read that name many times on CC.

I am glad to hear that you are his friend. Good on ya and enjoy your day, one at a time.

I'm not a Friend but have a couple among my acquaintances. They have said the meetings on board usually start out small, with maybe just a few people the first couple of days. After that they tend to grow, and both said they get to be about 20 people attending. They both said it's nice to know another friend of Bill W on board, although neither was particularly in need of a friend during the cruise.

Thank you!!! :) This is exactly the information I was looking for!

R

What fantastic feedback! I'm so GLAD to read this and am happy for your husband! I'm not surprised - Friends are pretty cool! Give your husband my best, please. :)

R

I didn't know either although I have read that name many times on CC.

I am glad to hear that you are his friend. Good on ya and enjoy your day, one at a time.

<3 Thanks Pete! I'm glad too! I always appreciate a cheerleader!

R