Would you pay for Tips/Tricks/Hints Guide on NCL?

garycarla

Well, according to Amazon, the seller is a longtime member and you can also buy 1/2 pound of Florida beach sand and 9 ounces of Florida ocean water from him :)

I suspect, from the description that you provide the information he needs and he will compile Cruise Critic information for you :)

Assuming that it is legit, I would not purchase it anyway for the following reasons.

1. A book can not take into account our personal preferences, which sometimes differ from the masses.

2. Things can change quickly on NCL, so books of that type need to be constantly updated.

3. You pretty much find out the specific information that you want on CC and other online sources. Also, recent cruisers keep you up to date on any changes.

Well, according to Amazon, the seller is a longtime member and you can also buy 1/2 pound of Florida beach sand and 9 ounces of Florida ocean water from him :)

You mean there's money in the sand I drag into my condo every day when I walk on the beach? Heck, I'll sell 12 oz bottles of fresh Atlantic water.

Don

You mean there's money in the sand I drag into my condo every day when I walk on the beach? Heck, I'll sell 12 oz bottles of fresh Atlantic water.

Don

Seems to be...there is opportunity wherever you can find it or...what was it that PT Barnum said :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! Just curious if anyone ended up buying one of these. I tried to, out of curiosity, and I just had to file a dispute with eBay because I paid for it but never received it and couldn't get the seller to reply to any of my inquiries regarding its whereabouts. Buyer beware! If any of you did purchase one, I'd love to chat with you about what it includes.

Assuming that it is legit, I would not purchase it anyway for the following reasons.

1. A book can not take into account our personal preferences, which sometimes differ from the masses.

2. Things can change quickly on NCL, so books of that type need to be constantly updated.

3. You pretty much find out the specific information that you want on CC and other online sources. Also, recent cruisers keep you up to date on any changes.

DITTO! Even if I didn't have time to read CC, #1 and 2 would still be true.

I seem forced to chime in with kudos about this site, the NCL forum and all the folks who participate. Over the few years that I've been active here, I've gotten great tips. Including information on how to book advance restaurant reservations with NCL in the most advantageous way, information on specific cabins, thermal spa information by ship, using the NCL credit card perks, upgrade information and probably most important a great chronicle of folks' experiences on various NCL cruises and ships.

All worth FAR MORE than $20. Plus I get the ability to contribute what little information I've accumulated over my relatively meager cruise history.

I really appreciate the effort the members here put in to be helpful and informative. And none of them have ever asked for money! :)