Panama from Galveston

Just booked Panama from Galveston. Woohoo. Just had to tell someone that would understand. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Booked mine this morning too! Got a great deal on a balcony and $100 OBC! I have a feeling this one-time 9-day cruise will fill up fast! And it just opened up for bookings two days ago! Love the itinerary! Never been to Panama or Costa Rica! I'm super excited! :D:D:D

Edited by Ladysilver

Booked mine this morning too! Got a great deal on a balcony and $100 OBC! I have a feeling this one-time 9-day cruise will fill up fast! And it just opened up for bookings two days ago! Love the itinerary! Never been to Panama or Costa Rica! I'm super excited! :D:D:D

Can you post a link? I'm having trouble finding this cruise. Thank you! :D

They will likely have tours to both the new and old locks. There is enough time for a partial transit boat trip (small boat from other side of Gatun Lake) or the train. Not sure I get why a cruise would go to this port without going into the locks, but looks like that is what this one is.

Interesting itinerary from Galveston.

Arrival in Colon at 11 AM. Would you expect there would be a ship excursion to see the canal with such a short stop?

The ship will have excursions, I believe there was a bus that goes on the road beside the canal and a small boat that you can actually take on the canal. It all depends on how long the ship is in port. The HAL ship was there all day arriving at 4-5am went into the canal to the lake then we got off if we had excursions. People that stayed on the ship went back thru the canal to the Atlantic. The new canal was not completed when we were there, I believe it is huge!

What or how far in do you think it will go? How many places can a ship turn around?

I don't think the ship transits any locks at all. I believe it's just a port call at Colon.