Suggestion to make a 30th anniversary cruise on 7 day Carnival from Galveston amazing

Domovyk

My wife and I were Married in University and never really had a honeymoon. So for our 30th anniversary, we have planned a three-week trip which includes a week in Mazatlan, a 7-day cruise from Galveston to Cozumel, Routan Honduras, and Belize City Belize and then a stay in Conroe, Texas for a week. I would love peoples input on how to make this amazing for my wife. If you knew me you would know she deserves something amazing for putting up with me for 30 years. We are both workaholics and to give you an idea of how bad I am at make anniversaries great. She recently right commented on someone else facebook about their amazing 6th anniversary that our was spent roofing. A true story. Please help me make this very special lady feel as special as she is.

We did a Renewal of wedding vows. We did this onboard ship for our 40th. I wore a long white dress and my husband rented a tux. It was a very special day for us! It cost around two hundred dollars, but was well worth it. I am sure prices have gone up since 2007. It was on the Tahitian Princess, (which has since been renamed.) The captain officiated which made it very special. I think for the price we got sparkling wine with wine glasses, an 8X10 portrait, a renewal words printed out which we framed. I also carried a bridal bouquet. We like you, had a very small wedding ceremony and this vow renewal was a wonderful way to celebrate our marriage.

Congratulations on 30 years together! We just celebrated our 50th with a week in Italy and an 11 day Eastern Mediterranean cruise on NCL Spirit which included Cyprus, Crete, Rhodes, Greece, two days in Israel, Croatia and Montenegro. Enjoy your trip!

You don't have to spend money to make the day special for her. Give her your undivided attention and your time. Do what you know she loves to do - be that a nice meal, a picnic in on a pier, a stroll somewhere interesting, a nice piece of jewelry that she can always look at to remember the day (ok, that might cost). You know her by now and know what she wants. Since your 6th anniversary was spent roofing, she sounds like a person that may not appreciate anything that costs a lot of money, but rather she is a person that appreciates you for who you are - thus uninterrupted time together may be her best present.

The small moments mean so much more than the extravagant ones. We are getting ready to celebrate our 30th next year and my DH has given me a cruise I've wanted to do for 11 years (ok, it was extravagant). My gift to him is planning a fun trip for both of us, not searching out the most expensive things, but the things I know we both will enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here's what would make me smile.

Dinner in the steakhouse on one night.

Fresh flowers sent to the cabin.

A bottle of champagne or other wine she enjoys, sent to the cabin.

A massage in the spa.

Have you checked the Fun Shops on Carnival's website? There are numerous suggestions there at various price ranges.

Mostly, your company and some hand holding.

I hope the two of you have a wonderful trip. Congratulations.

Here's what would make me smile.

Dinner in the steakhouse on one night.

Fresh flowers sent to the cabin.

A bottle of champagne or other wine she enjoys, sent to the cabin.

A massage in the spa.

I agree on the undivided attention. I have given my wife many nice things, think jewelry, over the years, but my attention is what she enjoys best.

Dinner at a nice restaurant would also make it special. But mostly, both of you enjoy the day. Happy 30 th.

BINGO! Upgrade the room if you can, money well spent for a big occasion. My Husband upgraded our room right before our cruise and didn't tell me. The BEST surprise ever since he can't generally keep a secret. This was for our 35th anniversary. I cried big ugly face cries...he got me. He did it again when last October he surprised me with a birthday party with dear family and friends. He topped it off with a vow renewal since the long joke was that he never proposed...he didn't we just set a date and got married. He had the Minister from our church show up and renew our vows. What a guy. I love him dearly.

quote=paul929207;53694292]Suite

Specialty restaurant on THE DAY.

There is very little of anything amazing in Galveston, and even less of anything amazing on a 7-day cruise from Galveston.

You want amazing?

Fly yourselves (Business or First) to Hong Kong and take a 14 day cruise somewhere in Southeast Asia.

Or a 10 - 14 day cruise in the Mediterranean.

After 30 years, you and your wife certainly deserve it.

This sure beats a 7 day cruise with a bunch of cowboys going to Mexico.

The trip is already booked. And, after the cruise they are staying a week in Conroe, just north of Houston. Oh, the horror! ;p:p;)