hamburgers by the pool not free???

smith6

We have sailed Celebrity quite often and always enjoyed a burger by the pool at no charge. Is this true that Celebrity now is charging for their burgers. We are on Celebrity Reflection in Jan so just wondering if it is all ships.

They tried to implement a for purchase higher end burger bar but the passengers didn't go for it so it's back to free burgers by the pool.

I heard that they had shut down the Equinox trial; but have not waded through the other threads to see if they changed the Constellation back to free. Has anyone seen posts from recent Constellation passengers regarding it?

The hamburgers by the pool were never free, they were included in your cruise fare so you paid for them. The new Burger Bar was a attempt to replace an included venue with a fee venue.

This bulletin board isn't free. You paid for it through your taxes. LOL!! :-)

The hamburgers by the pool were never free, they were included in your cruise fare so you paid for them. The new Burger Bar was a attempt to replace an included venue with a fee venue.

Semantics. :rolleyes:

I heard that they had shut down the Equinox trial; but have not waded through the other threads to see if they changed the Constellation back to free. Has anyone seen posts from recent Constellation passengers regarding it?

I have seen one post that stated it's now gone on Connie too

I replied on another thread but have just also seen this one. The Top Deck Burger Bar has gone from the Constellation and the Mast Grill is back to serving free (included!) burgers, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was on Equinox July 16-23 and saw first hand the super special $10 burger. Late night on the 21st we were walking the top deck and ran into two crew members wheeling a utility cart up to the burger bar. It was loaded with stacks of frozen burgers in plastic and the same buns served in Oceanview.

During the week we saw dozens of people approach the burger bar and then walk away and never saw more than a couple people buying burgers.

If it has been abandoned, good riddance!