Crepe Suzette

nautica34

We had it as a dessert in December, but it was on the Eurodam and it was indoors. The outdoor barbecue is a thing of the past, so I don't know if you can get exactly what you want.

Very doubtful that such would be available. Fire hazard would be my guess.

Sure. ... Along with the medium rare burger deaths, bans on real Baked Alaska (because of the deaths) and other restrictions.

When I was a boy, we rode bicycles in the streets. Without helmets. We jumped from ramps. It was anarchy.

My only hope is that someone will save us from the spectre of the sunny side up eggs. (Spoiler alert: Death.)

Sure. ... Along with the medium rare burger deaths, bans on real Baked Alaska (because of the deaths) and other restrictions.

When I was a boy, we rode bicycles in the streets. Without helmets. We jumped from ramps. It was anarchy.

My only hope is that someone will save us from the spectre of the sunny side up eggs. (Spoiler alert: Death.)

LOL; climbing trees till you swayed on skinny branches, "investigating" construction sites, biking everywhere and anywhere (no one wore a helmet) all the fun things, followed at 18 by hopping freights and of course hitch hiking cross country. All pretty much gone.

But I'm not dead yet; still eat my meat rare and on charcoal when I can and eggs sunny side up; remember Woody Allen in Sleeper: deep fat is good for you - still waiting for that to happen. ;)

It on deck. They used a small burner like they use at omelet stations or cooking demos.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Small burner of death. Crepe-a-geddon. Crepepocolypse. Just posting about this will probably bring on our collective demise.

So right!

After all of these years, with all of the safety measures now in place that were not there in 1970, my first cruise on Rotterdam V, is it due to God's grace that I am still alive?

Don't forget another cruise ship icon; Cherries jubilee, not to be mistaken with a former Carnival ship or a show on the Vegas strip ;p

Don't forget another cruise ship icon; Cherries jubilee, not to be mistaken with a former Carnival ship or a show on the Vegas strip ;p

How do you even know about cherries jubilee? I thought there were no survivors. ;)

How do you even know about cherries jubilee? I thought there were no survivors. ;)

I remember them well; table side service by an asst. dining room mngr. after dinner ;p

Here's another one; "poffertjes" table side service on Prinsendam in their Lido :p

I remember them well; table side service by an asst. dining room mngr. after dinner ;p

Here's another one; "poffertjes" table side service on Prinsendam in their Lido :p

Michelle said to tell you that she still misses Dutch nights. I think you call them "Nights."

Michelle said to tell you that she still misses Dutch nights. I think you call them "Nights."

Yeah, another thing of the past on HAL; the hats for the men and women; the decorations and the (mostly) Dutch food;

Appetizers:

Shrimp Cocktail,

Huzarensalade,(salad containing tender veal, diced apples, potatoes, pickles and chopped onions)

Maatjes Herring,

Fresh fruit cup,

Crudites

Hot Appetizer:

Barneveld Pasteitje (a pastry shell with sweetbreads, chicken and mushrooms in a creamsauce)

Soups:

Groentensoep Dutch vegetable,

Dutch Brown Bean Soup

Erwtensoep (Dutch green pea soup)

Salad:

Saladof the day mixed greens,

From the garden tossed greens

Entrees:

Fillet of Dover Sole Meuniere,

Seafood Zeeland,

Dutch Tenderloin Steak,

Duck Al Orange,

Idaho Baked Potato,

Hutspot met Klapstuk (hodge-podge of potatoes, carrots and onions with boiled brisket of beef)

Fresh Fruit Plate,

Imported Cheese and Fresh Fruit

Desserts:

ParfaitRothschildt (an almond flavored parfait with diced fruit and kirschwasser liqueur),

BoscheBol (kinda like a cream puff with chocolate cover)

Ice Cream Bombe,

Chocolate Mousse Cake,

Dutch Apple Pie,

Chocolate Eclairs,

Pastry Tray,

French Vanilla, Tin Roof and Blueberry Ice Cream.

Yeah, another thing of the past on HAL; the hats for the men and women; the decorations and the (mostly) Dutch food;

Appetizers:

Shrimp Cocktail,

Huzarensalade,(salad containing tender veal, diced apples, potatoes, pickles and chopped onions)

Maatjes Herring,

Fresh fruit cup,

Crudites

Hot Appetizer:

Barneveld Pasteitje (a pastry shell with sweetbreads, chicken and mushrooms in a creamsauce)

Soups:

Dutch Brown Bean Soup

Salad:

Entrees:

Seafood Zeeland,

Dutch Tenderloin Steak,

Duck Al Orange,

Idaho Baked Potato,

Hutspot met Klapstuk (hodge-podge of potatoes, carrots and onions with boiled brisket of beef)

Fresh Fruit Plate,

Desserts:

ParfaitRothschildt (an almond flavored parfait with diced fruit and kirschwasser liqueur),

Ice Cream Bombe,

Chocolate Mousse Cake,

Dutch Apple Pie,

Chocolate Eclairs,

Pastry Tray,

Absolutely delicious! We saved our hats in case we need to have an emergency Dutch dinner. In the meantime, I'll have to be content with Dutch breakfast.

Appetizers:

Shrimp Cocktail,

Maatjes Herring,

Fresh fruit cup,

Crudites

Hot Appetizer:

Soups:

Dutch Brown Bean Soup

Salad:

Entrees:

Seafood Zeeland,

Dutch Tenderloin Steak,

Duck Al Orange,

Idaho Baked Potato,

Fresh Fruit Plate,

Desserts:

Ice Cream Bombe,

Chocolate Mousse Cake,

Dutch Apple Pie,

Chocolate Eclairs,

Pastry Tray,

thanks for the memories.. I too miss this meal

Appetizers:

Shrimp Cocktail,

Maatjes Herring,

Fresh fruit cup,

Crudites

Hot Appetizer:

Soups:

Dutch Brown Bean Soup

Salad:

Entrees:

Seafood Zeeland,

Dutch Tenderloin Steak,

Duck Al Orange,

Idaho Baked Potato,

Fresh Fruit Plate,

Desserts:

Ice Cream Bombe,

Chocolate Mousse Cake,

Dutch Apple Pie,

Chocolate Eclairs,

Pastry Tray,

So many really tasty items you have listed, Copper!

I do recall seeing Hutspot met Klapstuk on a recent menu; maybe the final voyage of the Statendam. A fruit flavor of a -"Bol" was offered as a lunch dessert on the Amsterdam last month, but the pastry was dry with little flavor. Barneveld Pasteijte usually is offered during Royal Dutch Tea, I think. Erwtensoep was served during Amsterdam's visit to Hubbard Glacier in July. (Just as good as always!)

I do miss the Maatjes Herring, Dover Sole, and the "always available" Baked Potato.

Crudites are available upon request. One's dining room steward will daily supply a plate/bowl with whatever the guest wishes.

An Amsterdam table-mate of mine requested a plate of French Fried Onion Rings to be served the next evening. A large platter was brought to the table, enough for all 7 of us to enjoy. And, they were delicious!