What speciality restaurant should we pick for our wedding dinner?

livinginyellow

Hello! My fiancé and I are getting married on the Norwegian Breakaway this March. We are new to Norwegian and we can't figure out where we want to have our wedding day dinner. Our plan for our wedding day is ceremony, have a small cocktail hour (where we do the reception stuff - first dance, speeches, cake cutting) and then a dinner at a speciality restaurant.

We will have about 50-60 people attending/on the cruise. We are trying to make a decision between La Cucina, Le Bistro and Cagney's. We wanted to reach out to those who have experience with Norwegian cruises to see what your opinions are. Not to say money is *not* an option, but we're willing to pick Cagneys for a group that large if it is with the money.

We're usually loyal to royal, and we love Chops steakhouse so we're hoping that the Cagneys steak is on that par. But we're happy to choose the others if they are fantastic as well!!

So please let us know what you think we should pick!! All input is welcome

Are you saying that 50-60 people will come to dinner with you? If that is the case, you will need to talk with the ship to see what they will allow you to make a reservation. Has the ship given you options as to where and menu?

If you love Chops, then you will really love Cagneys. My husband and I think it is better than Chops......especially the tomahawk ribeye. I would definitely inquire ahead of time to make sure they will be able to accommodate everyone. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I have dined many times at Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina. Le Bistro would be our first choice followed by Cagney's. That having been said, it is unlikely that they will accommodate 50 to 60 people without special arrangements. Even the MDR would be hard pressed to seat a group that size. If you call them they may reserve one of these venues for your party or find you a meeting area that can be set up to cater just your group.

Are you saying that 50-60 people will come to dinner with you? If that is the case, you will need to talk with the ship to see what they will allow you to make a reservation. Has the ship given you options as to where and menu?

Yes. We are working with Royal Ocean events which is Norwegian's wedding service. They said all three of these restaurants will accommodate a group of this size (50-60 people coming to dinner with us)

My wife and I have dined many times at Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina. Le Bistro would be our first choice followed by Cagney's. That having been said, it is unlikely that they will accommodate 50 to 60 people without special arrangements. Even the MDR would be hard pressed to seat a group that size. If you call them they may reserve one of these venues for your party or find you a meeting area that can be set up to cater just your group.

We are working with Royal Ocean events which has guaranteed that they can accommodate a group of this size at any of these theee restaurants.

Although I prefer Cagney's to Le Bistro for the food, it's a little more intimate than Cagney's. It can feel more like a private party.

Only choose La Cucina if your wedding dinner on land would have been held at an Olive Garden.

Hello! My fiancé and I are getting married on the Norwegian Breakaway this March. We are new to Norwegian and we can't figure out where we want to have our wedding day dinner. Our plan for our wedding day is ceremony, have a small cocktail hour (where we do the reception stuff - first dance, speeches, cake cutting) and then a dinner at a speciality restaurant.

We will have about 50-60 people attending/on the cruise. We are trying to make a decision between La Cucina, Le Bistro and Cagney's. We wanted to reach out to those who have experience with Norwegian cruises to see what your opinions are. Not to say money is *not* an option, but we're willing to pick Cagneys for a group that large if it is with the money.

We're usually loyal to royal, and we love Chops steakhouse so we're hoping that the Cagneys steak is on that par. But we're happy to choose the others if they are fantastic as well!!

So please let us know what you think we should pick!! All input is welcome

of course regardless of where you choose you will want to set it up with NCL way in advance. I think, for a wedding party I would go with La Bistro, it is the most upscale of the 3. La Cucina would be the most fun one, especially if there are young children involved. We have seen several wedding dinners at La Bistro, but none quite that large.

Personally, I would choose Le Bistro. Steak eaters will enjoy the filet mignon there. We prefer it over Cagney's. LaCucina is my least favorite of the three.

I'm going to hazard a guess that they will open up one of the extra seating spaces for your group. Or, perhaps seat you in a private area in the MDR and offer the menus for the specialty restaurant of your choice.

Best of luck!

Personally, I would choose Le Bistro. Steak eaters will enjoy the filet mignon there. We prefer it over Cagney's. LaCucina is my least favorite of the three.

I'm going to hazard a guess that they will open up one of the extra seating spaces for your group. Or, perhaps seat you in a private area in the MDR and offer the menus for the specialty restaurant of your choice.

Best of luck!

Good guess but I'm 99% sure we are just going to be in the restaurant!! Definitely not in the MDR. But thank you for your advice

Personally I would choose Le Bistro over Cagney's, especially because of the more romantic ambiance there. But, if it was my wedding, I don't think I would enjoy having the wedding dinner at a restaurant on board where half of the guests would be guests to the wedding and the other half just "random" fellow cruise passengers.... I have not been on Breakaway myself, but I do now from experience that on most NCL ships they do have a part of the MDR that is usually closed off to the general public, so my tip would be to try to book a "secret" venue like that for your wedding dinner - as it would be more private. And I can't see why the menus from Le Bistro or Cagney's wouldn't be possible to book from there as well - as long as they know it in advance (and for a special event like a wedding, I am also pretty certain that the executive chef on board would overlook the preparations of that dinner himself.... At least it wouldn't hurt to ask...

Personally I would choose Le Bistro over Cagney's, especially because of the more romantic ambiance there. But, if it was my wedding, I don't think I would enjoy having the wedding dinner at a restaurant on board where half of the guests would be guests to the wedding and the other half just "random" fellow cruise passengers.... I have not been on Breakaway myself, but I do now from experience that on most NCL ships they do have a part of the MDR that is usually closed off to the general public, so my tip would be to try to book a "secret" venue like that for your wedding dinner - as it would be more private. And I can't see why the menus from Le Bistro or Cagney's wouldn't be possible to book from there as well - as long as they know it in advance (and for a special event like a wedding, I am also pretty certain that the executive chef on board would overlook the preparations of that dinner himself.... At least it wouldn't hurt to ask...

It's SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper to just do a dinner in the restaurant than in MDR or at a typical reception. We will just pay the cover charge per person where if we do a wedding-based dinner anywhere else on ship, it comes with a flat fee that is more than the cover charge. We've considered many options and this is the cheapest.

We can only speak about the food in the restaurants on a few NCL ships.

But because we haven't been on the ship you'll be on, we can't speak about the ambiance, and that can vary from ship to ship for each different restaurant.

And we can only go on the food as it was on the other ships.

However, we'd definitely vote for Le Bistro!

For those who like red meat, the filet there, each time was SO much better than in Cagney's. Cagney's was a disappointment every time, both food quality and service.

Le Bistro had a much more elegant, peaceful atmosphere, and the food was really good.

(Note that the coq au vin is a sleeper. Who ever thought we'd be going back several times during several cruises for that! :) )

And Best Wishes to both of you!

What a nice way to get married!!

It depends on the atmosphere you would like. Also what type of food do your guests like? If I had to summarize I would say El Bistro is the fanciest and has a continental menu. Cagney's is a little less formal but still nice and along with the steaks they have some seafood dishes that are great. La Cuchina has mostly Italian and is the least formal if you like a more relaxed atmosphere. In addition to the Italian food they do have a steak and also a shrimp dish with asparagus. You probably can't go wrong with any of them. Congratulations.

Congratulations on your wedding on the Breakaway! We have been on all the NCL ships and enjoy the freestyle cruising. Our son was married on on the Sky years ago and everyone still remembers it! As other have expressed, whatever one you select will be the right decision for you and your guests. NCL has a come a long with the wedding services with the Royal Ocean Events. Look forward to hearing how it all turns out for you after your cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife and I have dined many times at Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina. Le Bistro would be our first choice followed by Cagney's. ...

That would also be my recommendation. We love the choices and taste at Le Bistro.

Just wanted to say congrats and have fun!! We were married on the Dawn 5 years ago and it was just right for us :) We skipped the reception (just had cake and champagne and photos) and treated our guests to dinner at tepanyaki, which only worked for us because we had a smaller group than you have, but the specialty dinner thing worked really well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is a lonely voice for La Cucina. That place just cries out for a family affair. Open plan, loong table down the center with lots of space on the sides. Totally non-pretentious but still a very nice premium restaurant. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums