Carnival Guest Care Don't Care!

_Bonnie_

Let's see, you got a refund and they apologized profusely. That's all they are required to do. You would have had to pay for a transfer regardless and that is why they won't pay for it. It would be a different story if you missed the ship, but you made it there so there's nothing left to be done. They made a mistake, admitted it, refunded you, and apologized. Just let it go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Without the OP coming back to respond to the question I asked in post # 41, it's my guess that they arrived later in the day when the shuttle was no longer operating and that's why there weren't any agents or shuttle busses. Or they didn't know where to go to meet them and just thought they would pull up out front by where the hotel shuttles are. Otherwise, there would have been others around waiting as well. Again, this is pure speculation without further clarification.

maybe when they went back to the airport to get to the shuttle they went to the arrivals part of the airport. The reps are usually in the baggage claim area.

Hard to believe there were no CCL reps or reps from other cruise lines in the baggage claim area or buses right outside the airport unless they got there after the last shuttle.

Like you said without knowing more just can't figure it out.

Bill

Additional information/clarification needed:

Plane arrived 7/14. Ship departs 7/15. Which day were you left stranded at the airport?

Which hotel (and city) were you staying in?

You stand to receive a refund of $111 for unused transfer. You paid $107 for the taxi. Exactly how much do you claim you are out of pocket for missed transfer? Is is only frustration that you are seeking reimbursement for?

Have you tried for non-monetary compensation? They will be much more likely to provide on-board credit or the like than actual cash. But, if you are never coming back, I can see that would be pretty worthless to you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would suggest that you document the entirety of your story, and include the stress it put on your family. Be very clear that you have been inconvenienced, and that you suffered emotionally as a result of the mistake. Directly state, them giving you back the transportation fee is simply an accounting function, and in no way compensates you for the problem their negligence caused.

Here lies the "victim defense" to get something you want that you might not deserve.

OP is getting a refund for the services not provided (under sketchiest of purported "no show" on Carnival's part to flake at a busy airport with dozens of likely paying guests also transferring). I would be very surprised if the three people in the OPs party were the only ones who purchased transfer that day.

I suspect the part of the story being left out was mentioned in another poster's response: OP returned to the airport the next day and missed the available shuttle.

This would be why Carnival would (and should) refund only the price of the transfer not taken.

My brother-in-law was late landing at airport and he called Carnival and they told him to grab a taxi and they paid his taxi fare.....now this was about 12 years ago when possibly customer care was better.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

But I'm assuming they didn't pay his taxi fare AND refund his transfer. I've certainly had situations and heard of situations where a taxi voucher was used in lieu of a shuttle bus when a transfer was arranged.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here lies the "victim defense" to get something you want that you might not deserve.

I suspect the part of the story being left out was mentioned in another poster's response: OP returned to the airport the next day and missed the available shuttle.

Bonnie, I certainly understand your frustration. In all honesty, the only way Carnival would offer you any more money would be as a form of compensation for your inconvenience, which is what I think you are asking for. As someone who deals on the other side of these issues at a corporate level, not a call center level, I would suggest that you document the entirety of your story, and include the stress it put on your family.

The ultimate solution is the one you have made. Move on to another company, if it continues to bother you. I personally think what they did was reasonable for what was a mistake. It would not cause me to stop using them, but that does not mean you have to agree. It is your right to let people know what happened, and take the action you find appropriate. Glad you still enjoyed the cruise, and good luck.

Did you leave these parts of my post out because they did not fit your narrative. I don't know if she deserves further compensation, anymore than I know why you "suspect" anything she says isn't true. If she wants to pursue this with Carnival, she needs to stop mentioning the $107 and that she is never going to sail them again. She needs to explain that she was inconvenienced by their error. It's not my place to judge how upset she should be, or what she should ask for in compensation. I am offering a suggestion on how she should express the problem.

Whether you or I agree with her desire to be compensated, it is her decision to pursue it. I gave her the exact same advice I would give a friend sitting across from me at lunch.

She is owed nothing for the cab fare, she may be owed something for the clear mismanagement of her situation. A victim mentality is appropriate when you have been a victim of bad customer service. She certainly seems "stressed" about the situation. I can't imagine what it was like the day it happened.

I apologize if I upset you, but Carnival employees gave her wrong information, made her call multiple times to get a refund, and apparently never booked the transportation. I'm not willing to assume she is a liar or scam artist, so this is what my comments are based on. If she was a liar or scam artist, she would already have the credit she wants, and a much better story to tell.

Did you leave these parts of my post out because they did not fit your narrative. I don't know if she deserves further compensation, anymore than I know why you "suspect" anything she says isn't true. If she wants to pursue this with Carnival, she needs to stop mentioning the $107 and that she is never going to sail them again. She needs to explain that she was inconvenienced by their error. It's not my place to judge how upset she should be, or what she should ask for in compensation. I am offering a suggestion on how she should express the problem.

Whether you or I agree with her desire to be compensated, it is her decision to pursue it. I gave her the exact same advice I would give a friend sitting across from me at lunch.

She is owed nothing for the cab fare, she may be owed something for the clear mismanagement of her situation. A victim mentality is appropriate when you have been a victim of bad customer service. She certainly seems "stressed" about the situation. I can't imagine what it was like the day it happened.

I apologize if I upset you, but Carnival employees gave her wrong information, made her call multiple times to get a refund, and apparently never booked the transportation. I'm not willing to assume she is a liar or scam artist, so this is what my comments are based on. If she was a liar or scam artist, she would already have the credit she wants, and a much better story to tell.

But we don't know it was Carnival's error because the OP never answered the pertinent questions. It reads pretty clear at least to me that they misunderstood where and when to meet the shuttle and weren't at the right spot at the appropriate time. If they were confused about that, there is enough information online to clarify or another call into the 800 number should have yielded the answers they needed. I have no problem calling out Carnival if/when they do wrong, but this is a case where the consumer is the one that made a mistake. I think Carnival was right in refunding the cost of the transfer, but the OP isn't entitled to anything else.

I don't believe they are a liar or a scam artist, but I do believe they felt initially that they were wronged and after reading the responses on here came to realize that they were the ones that were responsible for their predicament. That's why they refuse to answer the questions that were asked.

But we don't know it was Carnival's error because the OP never answered the pertinent questions. It reads pretty clear at least to me that they misunderstood where and when to meet the shuttle and weren't at the right spot at the appropriate time. If they were confused about that, there is enough information online to clarify or another call into the 800 number should have yielded the answers they needed. I have no problem calling out Carnival if/when they do wrong, but this is a case where the consumer is the one that made a mistake. I think Carnival was right in refunding the cost of the transfer, but the OP isn't entitled to anything else.

I don't believe they are a liar or a scam artist, but I do believe they felt initially that they were wronged and after reading the responses on here came to realize that they were the ones that were responsible for their predicament. That's why they refuse to answer the questions that were asked.

Happens a lot on here; people vent frustration, or ask for help, and then they get put on trial before people deem if they should provide something factual for them to go on. It's just a phenomenon of this website in general. For instance; if someone says how do I email John Heald, I have great praise for yadda yadda yadda, people trip over themselves to provide the info. But if people think you are going to ask for a freebie or, worse yet, make a complaint, they grill you and split hairs instead of just giving the info.

That is why when OP posted a grievance instead of asking for more info, that does nothing for me, I'm not in a position to solve something in the past, I just provide an email address for post vacation issues.

maybe when they went back to the airport to get to the shuttle they went to the arrivals part of the airport. The reps are usually in the baggage claim area.

It seems to me the arrivals / baggage claim area would be the correct place.

Are you saying they should have gone to the departures area where you go to check in to get on a plane?

This is some of the OP's clarification. Post #38.

I guess I was putting a price on my inconvenience and helpless feeling of being stranded and the fact that Karen, said to include the taxi fare.

We are being refunded 74.00 ..haven't received it yet.

Hou to Gal. we used the Gal back to Hou

My granddaughter flew with us down there. her's will also be refunded. My daughter and her fiance (drove down to Galveston) so there were 3 of us in the Taxi and no luggage.

Sorry for the lack of info in my original post. yes Im a newbie, no clue what OP and TS are...hoping they're not derogatory initials...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Happens a lot on here; people vent frustration, or ask for help, and then they get put on trial before people deem if they should provide something factual for them to go on. It's just a phenomenon of this website in general. For instance; if someone says how do I email John Heald, I have great praise for yadda yadda yadda, people trip over themselves to provide the info. But if people think you are going to ask for a freebie or, worse yet, make a complaint, they grill you and split hairs instead of just giving the info.

That is why when OP posted a grievance instead of asking for more info, that does nothing for me, I'm not in a position to solve something in the past, I just provide an email address for post vacation issues.

I hear ya. I have no problems when people ask for info and I'll gladly provide it if I can. I also feel the need (right or wrong) to correct things that I feel are misdirected whether it be at a person or an entity. If the OP was truly "left" at the airport during the shuttle operating times and they were at the right place, then I would be happy to offer any type of info I thought would be helpful in getting their issue resolved. However, it is my belief that it wasn't Carnival's fault, but rather OP's.

Either way, Carnival did the right thing by refunding them the unused transfer which if it is due to OP's error(s), they really didn't have to. Just like if you don't show up for an excursion because you oversleep, go to the wrong meeting spot or aren't on time, you don't get your money back. There isn't anything else in the form of compensation that they are entitled to.

It seems to me the arrivals / baggage claim area would be the correct place.

Are you saying they should have gone to the departures area where you go to check in to get on a plane?

No I wrote it backwards. I meant maybe they went back to the departures part of the airport . You are correct, I screwed that up.:o

Bill

Mrs Bob, I agree with what you are saying. The liar and scam artist comments were in response specifically to the post I quoted. That response has some very distinct language that moves beyond just confusion. I do not think most people are guilty of that.

I think poor Bonnie focused on the wrong thing, and got all of us responding to what she said. What else could we respond to. You are right, there is no reason to give her back the $107 based on what she said.

I think her situation was a mistake that snowballed. I'm not trying to determine what happened and is reasonable, I am simply suggesting that Bonnie adjust her communication to "Carnival made some mistakes and it makes me mad".

I think it is safe to say both sides likely made mistakes. What I would be focused on is: The agent did not clearly explain how this would work. When the problem first occurred, the employee did not take enough time to find out what was going on and simply said "I can't do anything for you". The transportation company said she was not listed at all. Another Carnival employee did see the error, but could not correct it making her call back. When she called back she had to start the process over again.

Now we are all going to still have opinions on these statements, but that is what upsets her, not the $107. She should be asking them what they can do to prevent this in the future, and what should she have done differently. She may get nothing but an apology, she may get a good will credit on future cruise.

The one thing that bothers me is how hard they make it to get a credit back. I had a hotel double charge me a few weeks ago. I made one call, on a Sunday, and had a credit 15 minutes later. Not talking about the $107, just the refund of the not used transportation.

Mrs. Bob, in closing I will just say thank heaven for my PVP, the only Carnival person I talk to, other than on a ship of course.

I could see refunding the difference (maybe) if the taxi cost more than the transfer, but it didn't. You still came out ahead.
Yep because Carnival messed up, they actually got a cheaper rate to the port, so they were compensated for their inconvenience!

Myself and family will board other cruise lines, and they were okay with that. :eek:
You are fooling yourself if you think the other cruise lines would have been much different! Because they messed up you got a refund, no where in the transfer description does it say if we screw up we will give you twice your money back! Royal Caribbean screwed my family out of way more money than that!

:eek: Right on the money Domino. If the OP was refunded the transfer cost for 5 people how much more of a refund was He/She looking for? Did you all notice this was the first post for this OP. I always take these with a grain of salt.

I agree with OP... Carnival messed up, and they should be reimbursed for their time and trouble

WARNING! Long post!!

Hubby and I booked our first cruise with Carnival for 7/15, when we spoke to the Carnival agent she recommended we purchase a transfer from airport to port. We advised her that we were arriving a day early and staying in a nearby hotel, she assured us there would be a shuttle to take us to the port. We arrived at the destination airport and waited for our shuttle...and waited...etc. The shuttle never arrived. My husband called the transfer company and they had NO record of us for 7/14, or 7/15 the day we sail. So we called Carnival, the rep states that they have already paid the transfer service and there was nothing they could do? What? why?...so we took a taxi cab to the port which cost $107.00 (Houston to Galveston) During the cab ride I sent a message (not a post) to their Facebook hoping I could find someone with a little Empathy, I got a quick reply back from Karen, their Online Community Gal, she requested our booking info and saw that we had indeed paid for our transfer. She apologized profusely suggested we wait till after the cruise to contact "Guest Care" and request a refund. We truly had a wonderful time on our cruise. The Boat and staff were fabulous! When I got home, I called and spoke to an agent who states they'll only refund for the missed transfer from Houston to Galveston, nothing for my cab fare.. I then asked for a Supervisor. When she got on the line she states its against "policy" to refund my taxi cab fare...your kidding right? I tried to remind her, that it was a Carnival Agent that screwed up and to pull the phone call. She again refused. I asked her for her Supervisor...she flat out said NO! So I asked her if these calls were recorded...she never answered. I asked her, If Carnival was OKAY with losing 5 returning customers over $107.00 ...she said yes! OMG! I asked her how do you think my "Customer Experience" is right now, sorry ma'am its our policy...No accountability, No Empathy, No Customer Service. I guess my next step is emailing CEO, CFO, Federal Maritime Commision...Yes, all this over $107.00 dollars! I shake my head at all of this! Is Carnival that big of a company that they cannot refund my money? How is Royal Carribean or Norwegian Cruise Lines?? we're booking for 2019 Thanks for letting me rant...

Even if she went to the right place there still seems to be a problem on Carnival's side. I highlighted the part where the transfer company had no record of their transfer purchase and Carnival records show that they paid for that transfer.

Even if she went to the right place there still seems to be a problem on Carnival's side. I highlighted the part where the transfer company had no record of their transfer purchase and Carnival records show that they paid for that transfer.

Does the transfer company actually have a list of passengers? Never taken one so I don't know. But I have seen Carnival representatives with clip boards by baggage claim that had the list of people scheduled and where you could request a transfer. How would one go about getting the name of the company they use anyway? If you had to call in for that info, shouldn't you ask when and where boarding commences?

I would feel different if OP went up to the correct people and they flat out denied they had a reservation, but they never made it that far. Honestly, I don't even think they went back to the airport the next day. Or if they did it was long after the last shuttle left.

Does the transfer company actually have a list of passengers? Never taken one so I don't know. But I have seen Carnival representatives with clip boards by baggage claim that had the list of people scheduled and where you could request a transfer. How would one go about getting the name of the company they use anyway? If you had to call in for that info, shouldn't you ask when and where boarding commences?

I would feel different if OP went up to the correct people and they flat out denied they had a reservation, but they never made it that far. Honestly, I don't even think they went back to the airport the next day. Or if they did it was long after the last shuttle left.

Our flight arrived at 8:30, we waited by Baggage Claim / Ground Transportation as listed on our transfer paperwork...at 10:15 we started calling...