Did any of the website issues impact your cruise?

mafig

After dealing with the website pre-cruise, did any of you find the problems carried over to the cruise.

For instance, your specialty reservations, excursions, dining times ..... or anything else ..... were messed up because of the website?:eek:

Being unable to check in on line meant that inperson check in was muddled. Staff would not let us enter the correct check-in line because we had no pass showing Captain Club status. We anticipated problems with check-in, so weren't too upset. But it did start the cruise on somewhat of a sour note.

OMG, it's that bad?

I thought there were problems in things like excursions and dining reservations, but I thought that on line check in and getting the boarding pass was a pain and took a lot of time, I thought everyone was, in the end, at least able to do that.

We would be boarding in Ft. Lauderdale and there's Security before the port where they ask for passports and proof of cruise. What would we do then?:loudcry:

Someone at the entrance has a manifest and they look up your name to see that you are booked. It is a small delay but they will let you in.

If you think about it, a lot of people dont do their Xpress pass.....they dont have internet, or they dont have a printer, or they dont even know they are supposed to do it, or they print it but pack it by mistake. There is always a way to gain wntry, but it is a bit of a problem getting to the correct check in queue without the xpress pass.

On two prior cruises I have ordered special gifts online. Once was chocolates and second was flowers. In both cases I was charged and delivery was NEVER made (not even after 2 calls). I then just disputed the charges.

Last cruise I requested a wheelchair be made available for port excursions through their handicap assistance, and although I was assured online and twice by phone, the instructions never made it to the ship.

Last cruise I requested two beds (instead of one pushed together). Not dopne, I had to ask the steward (which was not a problem).

In preparation for my next cruise, I have ordered one excursion in advance. Although I was offered to make payment via OBC, it didn't work. The only way I could do it was to pay by credit card.

So....although these were relatively minor issues, I am convinced that:

- there will be no follow-up from any requests made in advance either online or by phone

- customer service is generally inept and incompetent, although nice enough

- you need to care of things yourself on board

Just my experience.

One issue is that I was quoted a price. Put a hold on it and called my TA to book the cruise as my hold was being expired. Was then told that the rate was for a military diiscount. For some reason they always have me down in my profile for being a veteran. I cannot correct it and every time I look at a cruise the military discount is checked off.

Whenever I log in it comes up with my wife's name and she gets all the emails for confirmation even though I log in under my ID and password. She isn't registered.

Does it affect my cruise? Yes, on our last cruise we didn't have any of the Elite Plus perks. We couldn't log into the internet. Went to the ILounge and was told that we weren't entering our correct birthdates????? We know our birthdates. It was listed wrong.

We also didn't have any status listed on our cards. We went to the Captain Club Host and told her about it. She accused us of not informing our TA. It it the same TA that we had on the cruise one month prior and never had any issues. She was very short and made it out as it was our fault. She then verified that we were Elite Plus and gave us the Elite Plus coupons and scolded us for not entering the proper information. We had to go to Guest Relations to get a new card and while there issued a complaint on how we were treated. We were never given any form of apology for the inconvenience, or the way that we were treated.

Did it ruin our cruise. Not really because we didnt let it but it did cut into the time on the first day of our cruise.

The Celebrity website is worse than it was before and I don't think they really care. Hopefullly they won't correct it because every time they do it gets worse 😫😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I have been unable to update my passport number from the expired one they have on file. Looks like it updates, then reverts to the old number with incomplete information the next time I log in. (Yes I do hit "save") Have not been able to enter my partners number at all. Of course I will call them, but the time spent on hold will most likely take up my entire lunch break.

I 'had' an issue checking in using the new site. I was able to navigate my way to the 'old' site and checked in fine.

BUT..........

using the new site, it said I couldn't check in until "pending items" were corrected. No clue what those pending items were....so I called the Captain's Club. Seems the year of my birth was not filled in on my profile (somehow on the old site it's fine??). The CC rep fixed it and said I was good to go for our next cruise. I asked how the date could have gotten 'lost'. She said "it's a database, these things happen"! Uh, NOOOOO. I am in IT and these things don't JUST happen!!