Hammock on the balcony of the HAL Westerdam?

lite seas

Is it possible to hang a Hammock on the HAL Westerdam special needs Verandah deck cabin 5140. What size hammock would be the best? The Balcony looks to be a little larger than the standard cabin balcony.

When were you planning on using the hammock? No way you would be allowed to string up a hammock while the ship is at sea--it would be confiscated by security. And both ship's security and the local authorities might take exception while the ship is in port. Plus if any of your neighbors complained you would certainly be ordered to take it down; their concerns about both noise and safety are legitimate.

(And I am curious about one thing: your posting history, while brief, includes discussion oft the jogging track on the ship and your wearing a wet suit on beach excursions. Yet you are in a handicapped cabin???)

Possibly, but I think it would have to be a hammock with its own stand - I have not noticed any fittings on HAL Vista ship balconies strong enough to support a loaded hammock. Perhaps if you arranged with whoever had the balcony above yours you might be able to run a rope around his railing - but ship's personnel might notice and object.

Is it possible to hang a Hammock on the HAL Westerdam special needs Verandah deck cabin 5140. What size hammock would be the best? The Balcony looks to be a little larger than the standard cabin balcony.

I don't believe you're allowed to hang things on the balcony.

Possibly, but I think it would have to be a hammock with its own stand - I have not noticed any fittings on HAL Vista ship balconies strong enough to support a loaded hammock. Perhaps if you arranged with whoever had the balcony above yours you might be able to run a rope around his railing - but ship's personnel might notice and object.

Did a search on Google images and it is possible on some Lines, not sure if HAL would approve though.

When were you planning on using the hammock? No way you would be allowed to string up a hammock while the ship is at sea--it would be confiscated by security. And both ship's security and the local authorities might take exception while the ship is in port. Plus if any of your neighbors complained you would certainly be ordered to take it down; their concerns about both noise and safety are legitimate.

(And I am curious about one thing: your posting history, while brief, includes discussion oft the jogging track on the ship and your wearing a wet suit on beach excursions. Yet you are in a handicapped cabin???)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY WIFE NEEDS A SPECIAL NEEDS CABIN.....think before you post please sir.

Thanks..

Perhaps if you arranged with whoever had the balcony above yours you might be able to run a rope around his railing - but ship's personnel might notice and object.

You would really expect someone to put the remainder of their cruise in jeopardy by committing such an egregious safety violation at the behest of a complete stranger?

You would really expect someone to put the remainder of their cruise in jeopardy by committing such an egregious safety violation at the behest of a complete stranger?

No, of course not - but OP was exploring possibilities - and I saw it as one - regardless of how improbable - as I saw NO further possibility of hanging it otherwise than with its own stand.

Yes, it's possible. If you do a Google images search for "cruise balcony hammock" you'll see how people did it.

Actually, I see you already did that. I don't see why you couldn't apply those same methods on a HAL ship.

Whether or not it's allowed is a different subject though. :)

I have never seen one, but I cannot imagine that it is a safety issue or any type of violation as long as you take it down when not using it. The problem that I see is that it is going to be very difficult to hang it. You certainly can't hang it from the rail, which means that somehow you are going to have to hang it from the dividers, and I doubt that you can find any place to connect it. Also keep in mind that the balconies are only about 10 feet wide and most hammocks are that long, before you start connecting ropes to hang them.

It is probably a great idea, but not one that is going to be feasible from a practical stand point.