Would you switch to save $1,000

SportyGirl11. We had a balcony on the Liberty of the Seas sailing 10-15-17. We took this cruise last October and by error we had a promenade room. After seeing the price difference I called travel agency to change to PR room. We enjoy sitting at window watching the fun from our room. I would say yes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Take the downgrade now and look to upgrade back to a balcony cheap well inside final payment.

I would consider taking Biker's advice here. Its a way to take advantage of the $1k savings, and maybe still end up with a good deal back in a balcony. Bank the extra cash with the expectation if a deal pops up, jump back into a balcony.

As you said, you are younger, frugal travelers. But, in any case, only you can decide.

If you downgrade, you can always upgrade, so long as there aren't penalties/loss of OBC, etc.

Another aspect, you might find you are fine with the promenade cabin anyways. You won't know until you try. Balconies are a fav for many, but we actually are inclined to go OV, due to price.

I have a vacation budget. It's a fixed amount. So I book the cruise, than book the airlines. If at any point, I will go over my budget, I will look for cuts. Now if you are on a budget, and want to maximize your trip, what is more important? Sitting on a balcony for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 more at night, or all day fun

I like balconies, but at the end of the day, the trip must fit into my budget and as long as I have a window, I'm happy. For the record, I like the PR rooms.

I might switch! You won't know if you like the PR cabin unless you try it. In the Carribean I find it often too hot to sit out for very long. If the itinerary is such that the view is part of the draw then a balcony is preferred eg Alaska or Panama Canal. We've started booking interior facing balconies on the oasis class. They are higher than interior but cheaper than ocean view balcony. $1000 to cover airfare .. I think it would be worth it.

Are you taking your dive equipment? If so stay where you are. Insides are very small. Remember promenade cabins look out and others can look in. Also there is only 1 love seat next to window. Personally I would stay with balcony. So peaceful and nice place to dry out and store diving gear.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Back from Adventure S. Carib. last month. Bonaire was on my bucket list, too. We had the verandah and loved it. Yes, it was hot out there, but the additional space for snorkel equipment and our wet bathing suits, as well as for drying clothes that I washed in the sink, sure came in handy. $1,000 is a lot of money, but would you want to spend it on a cabin where you'd have to keep the curtains closed for privacy?