Free specialty dinner for Garden Villa?

Yes, we have the 3 meal dining plan plus both hubby and I are platinum, so we have 5 meals already taken care of. I seem to remember during our last G.V. cruise the concierge said to pick one meal for all of us at the specialty of our choice as a "gift" from NCL.

We have a big group on-board celebrating our oldest son's honeymoon AND my youngest son's kicking the behind out of stage 3 Testicular cancer! I'm trying to get as organized as possible now before the wedding, sending the youngest back to college and the rest of life catches up this fall. Could be my imagination though, so I thought I would reach out to someone who recently cruised in a G.V. and find out.

We were in the GV on the Jewel at Christmas and we did get one dinner complimentary for our party. We've sailed in the GV twice and each time our complimentary dinner has been at Cagneys. Not sure if you have the option of selecting from all of the specialty restaurants. I'd suggest calling the pre-concierge line and asking your question.

We were in the GV on the Jewel at Christmas and we did get one dinner complimentary for our party. We've sailed in the GV twice and each time our complimentary dinner has been at Cagneys. Not sure if you have the option of selecting from all of the specialty restaurants. I'd suggest calling the pre-concierge line and asking your question.

Thank you very much! Cagneys...you can't go wrong with steak! I could eat there nearly every night of a cruise.

I've also sailed in the Garden Villa twice (love it!) and we rec'd a specialty meal from the concierge for our group. Cagneys once and Moderno the other time. It seemed as if it was being generously offered by the concierge, not NCL - and both times, we were told about it the second to last night of the cruise - to be used the final night. So, I don't know if it's general policy, or just something the concierge can or will do.

Never knew that was an option. I wonder if that is a "real perk", or just something the concierge/butler does since it is the top suite on the ship. I guess that is the least they can with someone spending over $10-$20k for their suite.

Side note: A few years back (over 5?) - they decided to take away the free booze in the OS. It did not last very long with the amount of uproar. I guess somebody looked at the math and realized how stupid it was. After all, these cabins are already getting $5,000. From an accounting view, which is easier, cut a perk or just increase the cost of the cabin (going forward) to make up for that? Duh! Somebody with half a brain realized it was easier to just include it. (numbers are only an example). Some things just do not make sense.

RealCindy... Congrats on all the things you are celebrating on your upcoming cruise esp. your youngest son beating cancer!

We leave this coming Friday and I can report back to you with a definite answer when I return....

This wil be our 6th time in the GV and we always had a complimentary specialty dinner of our choice that was arranged/offered through our concierge but just thought it was a perk of booking the Garden Villa.

RealCindy... Congrats on all the things you are celebrating on your upcoming cruise esp. your youngest son beating cancer!

We leave this coming Friday and I can report back to you with a definite answer when I return....

This wil be our 6th time in the GV and we always had a complimentary specialty dinner of our choice that was arranged/offered through our concierge but just thought it was a perk of booking the Garden Villa.

An out of the blue cancer diagnosis at age 19 plus three days is a real kick in the...well...he did have testicular cancer! It was a scary time but we did tons of research, found a great oncologist, prayed, crossed our fingers and tried to keep our sense of humor during the treatment plan. Now it is time to celebrate remission and he is bringing a group of close friends along. The space in the G.V. for the guys, plus the others joinging us on this cruise, will be well used and appreciated.

Thanks for checking on this perk/not a perk for us. Enjoy your time on the beautiful blue water!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Never knew that was an option. I wonder if that is a "real perk", or just something the concierge/butler does since it is the top suite on the ship. I guess that is the least they can with someone spending over $10-$20k for their suite.

Side note: A few years back (over 5?) - they decided to take away the free booze in the OS. It did not last very long with the amount of uproar. I guess somebody looked at the math and realized how stupid it was. After all, these cabins are already getting $5,000. From an accounting view, which is easier, cut a perk or just increase the cost of the cabin (going forward) to make up for that? Duh! Somebody with half a brain realized it was easier to just include it. (numbers are only an example). Some things just do not make sense.

And they reduced the quality of the booze on the list twice.

Yup in GV on Gem a few years ago concierge set up a complementary dinner at a specialty restaurant for us that we hadn't expected. Back in the same GV Aug 19 (can't wait!!!!) and will let you know if the tradition still holds

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Attached is the latest list (sailing in an OS on Dawn in March 2019 and they already emailed me a letter). Not worth upgrading just for the liquor but better than nothing I guess.

That is the latest list that was downgraded to about 4-5 years ago.

As far as sodas, there are other options typically too like rootbeer and diet sierra mist.

Congratulations to your entire family!

What a great way to celebrate multiple family milestones - The GV videos we have seen online look amazing, and I know you wil lhave a great time in your private slice of heaven - booze or not!

You would think with the money it costs for the GV that you would get all of your meals free - just my opinion, of course. :)

Happy travels! Amy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again RealCindy!

I total forgot to report back regarding the dinners....

Well, this is the first time ever that we were not offered a specialty dinner from the concierge or for being in the GV.

A lot has changed....we are also platinum plus and now those perks are per cabin ....not per person.

There were times we had all platinum people in our GV in the past and we all got individual perks....

I guess with all the new levels and the ultimate dining package kind of changed things....

Anywho, we had great cruise.... The Mexiacn restaurant was a nice addition ! The refurb of the villa inside is nice..Esp, now carpet in dining and living area ..the outside looks rather plain but probably easier for them to maintain. Upstairs in the sun deck area is also a nice change.... No green flooring and a bunch of nice, new furniture...

You are going to have a great trip! Enjoy !

...Well, this is the first time ever that we were not offered a specialty dinner from the concierge or for being in the GV. ....

You would think that when somebody spends some $5-$10,000 for a cabin, they would throw in speciality dinners. Even it was not a fixed perk, as the Concierge or Butler, I would find a way to get it - and get a nice tip as a result.

Really though, seems silly they do not just do it.

McCutie, thanks for your observations and reply back. We've got 5 specialties between UDP and Platinum, in adsition we are planning on Thanksgiving supper in the villa, so that should keep us from starving during the week. Wink, wink.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We have been offered a complimentary dinner in the restaurant of our choice our last several stays in the GV. This was not something that was done when we first starting sailing in the GV's but probably started about 5 years ago.