Oasis Eat, Drink, Play Question

We are getting ready for our first cruise on an Oasis Class. We are booked in a Central Park Balcony, and I have seen some stray postings here, and some on line articles saying that there is a package of perks for people staying in one of the Neighborhood Balcony cabins. I am trying to find out if this program is still active. From what I can find, you get a complimentary lunch a one of four specialty restaurants, a bottle of red wine, and a gaming lesson. Thanks for any responses.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-deals/offers/eat-drink-play?icid=t_drnk_tctclp_tdr_hm_cntntr_8490

I don't see any terms and conditions, but the date range on the search parameter ends on Dec 31, 2017.

Thank you Bob. I saw this page, but couldn't resolve in my head if it was current. I didn't think about the fact that the search dates would mean it is. Make sense. Luckily were going in September. Thanks again for this feedback, and all your other responses I've benefited from.

Is this a rate code you had to book under or is it available to anyone booked in Neighborhood balconies? I am cruising in Feb 2018 also and was wondering if it is available?

No' date=' that's what caused my initial question, it wasn't in any of my cruise docs, and it wasn't discussed when I booked. It is just a perks package you get if you are in a neighborhood balcony, I guess.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

We booked our February 2018 Oasis cruise while on board. There was no mention of the Eat Drink Play package when we booked Boardwalk balconies. But when I came home and searched online it did come up for our dates. I guess we have it, I'm really not sure. I normally buy the kids soda packages before we board. I'm unsure now If I should wait until we get on board to see if there are cups already waiting.

Edited by dcgrumpy

We booked our February 2018 Oasis cruise while on board. There was no mention of the Eat Drink Play package when we booked Boardwalk balconies. But when I came home and searched online it did come up for our dates. I guess we have it, I'm really not sure. I normally buy the kids soda packages before we board. I'm unsure now If I should wait until we get on board to see if there are cups already waiting.

In the same boat (at least a sister ship) for allure in March. I don't see it on any docs, but keep seeing that it is included. The pop packages for the kids will save us some dough.

We are booked on Oasis in April 2018 in a Boardwalk room and the description for the room definitely said Eat Play Dine package. When I asked my TA to confirm that we had the perks, she said that the RCCL agent said it didn't apply to our room. BUT, the very room we booked, clearly included it in the description. If it wasn't applicable to that sailing, it shouldn't be in the description of the room.

We are booked on Oasis in April 2018 in a Boardwalk room and the description for the room definitely said Eat Play Dine package. When I asked my TA to confirm that we had the perks, she said that the RCCL agent said it didn't apply to our room. BUT, the very room we booked, clearly included it in the description. If it wasn't applicable to that sailing, it shouldn't be in the description of the room.

I would print the description out, or take a screen shot and show that to them when you get onboard. That's crazy!

It must be a neighborhood balcony, not just a "view". I don't remember it being stated on our paperwork, but we got it when we arrived in our room.

Just talked to Royal Caribbean rep. He confirmed everyone booked in a Neighborhood Balcony (Boardwalk or Central Park) gets lunch in a specialty restaurant (limited to certain ones, see the link Bob posted), a bottle of red win, and gaming lessons.

There you go. As always Bob was right on.

Just talked to Royal Caribbean rep. He confirmed everyone booked in a Neighborhood Balcony (Boardwalk or Central Park) gets lunch in a specialty restaurant (limited to certain ones, see the link Bob posted), a bottle of red win, and gaming lessons.

There you go. As always Bob was right on.

It is different packages depending on boardwalk, centrum, or Central Park.

Central Park gets what you linked.

Boardwalk gets two soda packages, 4 Johnny rockets and a "private" rock climbing session.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

Here is the reply my TA got from Royal...

The codes are automatically added into the reservation for the Dine. Drink. Discover amenities. They will get a welcome letter in their stateroom describing how the program works and how they will retrieve their complimentary lunch offer and such. The wine will already be placed inside their room upon arrival.

I then said cruise critic says it will end Dec 2017 and this is what they came back with

She will receive the amenity. the offer might change year to year, but the program will continue.

I spotted this too in posts and asked via rccl.co.uk and they said it wasn't valid for UK guests - seems very strange so I'll wait and see. Will be annoyed if I purchase a soda package for my mum and a free one is included but if that did happen I presume they would give me OBC.

Wendy

I spotted this too in posts and asked via rccl.co.uk and they said it wasn't valid for UK guests - seems very strange so I'll wait and see. Will be annoyed if I purchase a soda package for my mum and a free one is included but if that did happen I presume they would give me OBC.

Wendy

Just wait to purchase the soda package on board.

To be honest I am fairly certain that you have been given wrong information by the rep. It seems like it would be way to confusing for the ship to keep track of which cabins received the perks and which didn't.

• 1 year later...
On 8/15/2017 at 12:09 AM, wendyam76 said:

Thank you so much - I agree with you but don't want to get my hopes up! Only reason I would think of prepurchasing is if the exchange rate gets worse!

Sorry for digging up this old post... but coming from the UK, did you ever get the drinks included in the cabin on Eat Drink Play?

2 hours ago, rattla said:

Sorry for digging up this old post... but coming from the UK, did you ever get the drinks included in the cabin on Eat Drink Play?

Please don’t apologise!! Yes we did, mugs were waiting in our stateroom and all we had to say was we were in a Boardwalk room to get our free meal in Johnny Rockets.

Wendy

8 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

Please don’t apologise!! Yes we did, mugs were waiting in our stateroom and all we had to say was we were in a Boardwalk room to get our free meal in Johnny Rockets.

Wendy

Ok that’s interesting then.  We have have a balcony and a boardwalk in the summer and was buying a soda package for one in that cabin and refreshment for the other...  now I’m not sure what to do.

fFom everything I could find online it reads like it doesn’t apply to those purchasing in the UK, but clearly you did get it.  I wonder if that was intentional or just because most onboard got it, it was just a general thing and you ended up getting it. 🙂

I may well risk not purchasing up front in that case, although I think it may cost more to buy onboard if we don’t get it?

was there anything on you documents that mentioned it?

Edited by rattla

I honestly don’t know how they would know (meaning the room stewards) who bought it where. I think they just add it too all the rooms in the Boardwalk balcony area. 

Nothing on my documents at all. I actually found the RCL Twitter page (the USA one, not UK one, the most helpful).

Wendy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

I honestly don’t know how they would know (meaning the room stewards) who bought it where. I think they just add it too all the rooms in the Boardwalk balcony area. 

Nothing on my documents at all. I actually found the RCL Twitter page (the USA one, not UK one, the most helpful).

Wendy

Looks like they seem to be confirming it’s open to all so a nice extra I hadn’t previously realised we’d get.  I’ll take a copy of this with me I think, just in case 🙂

A37EBAB8-6C0A-43F4-BFAC-0180FA6CF3B4.jpeg