Brilliance of the Seas Deck 2

I am booked on Brilliance of the Seas for a TA and have chosen Deck 2 for my cabin. For those of you who have stayed on Deck 2, can you tell me if the windows are the small or large portholes. I have researched the boards and on line but get varying answers, anywhere from 12" to 30" portholes. Last year I was on Serenade Deck 2 and loved the location and had a great view.

Thank you for any help you can give me as I may want to upgrade!

I am booked on Brilliance of the Seas for a TA and have chosen Deck 2 for my cabin. For those of you who have stayed on Deck 2, can you tell me if the windows are the small or large portholes. I have researched the boards and on line but get varying answers, anywhere from 12" to 30" portholes. Last year I was on Serenade Deck 2 and loved the location and had a great view.

Thank you for any help you can give me as I may want to upgrade!

We were on the Brilliance Spring Break '16 on deck 2 (adjoining cabins 2012 and 2014) and I recall that ocean view windows were a decent size. Can't say they were 30" but much bigger than 12". We loved that ship and stopping in Key West.

If you are all the way forward, you will have the smaller window. If you are midship or further aft, you will have larger windows. Neither are especially good for ocean gazing...they are mainly to let in natural light.

We've stayed on deck 2 on Brilliance and the windows were decent size, definitely not 12". You said you stayed on Serenade. Serenade and Brilliance are sister ships, built basically the same. If you were satisfied with the window on Serenade, you'll be happy with the one on Brilliance. The only caveat, as CB mentioned, the cabins all the way forward have the small window, the rest are bigger.

Some posts are literally totally irrelevant.

We book the least expensive outside 2 adjoining cabins available. Sometimes it is on Deck 3; other times it is on Deck 2. Many times it is so easy to get to and from the show lounge on these levels. We can see the ocean just fine. When the kids were younger they enjoyed watching the close view of the water action outside the cabin window. We use the money saved to book great non-ship excursions.

Some posts are literally totally irrelevant.

We book the least expensive outside 2 adjoining cabins available. Sometimes it is on Deck 3; other times it is on Deck 2. Many times it is so easy to get to and from the show lounge on these levels. We can see the ocean just fine. When the kids were younger they enjoyed watching the close view of the water action outside the cabin window. We use the money saved to book great non-ship excursions.

Thank you for this response as most of the others were just, well as you stated, totally irrelevant. I "love" Deck 2 but were concerned the windows were smaller than on Serenade. If the window is the same size, there is plenty of "view" and being that close to the water make you feel as if you are "just sailing along" and all is right with the world! It is easy access on and off the ship as well as the Centrum and so much quieter than other floors!

Thanks again for a helpful response.:D

We've stayed on deck 2 on Brilliance and the windows were decent size, definitely not 12". You said you stayed on Serenade. Serenade and Brilliance are sister ships, built basically the same. If you were satisfied with the window on Serenade, you'll be happy with the one on Brilliance. The only caveat, as CB mentioned, the cabins all the way forward have the small window, the rest are bigger.

Thank you for confirming the larger than 12" windows. The only cabins on Brilliance are mid ship so I will be fine!

Though I have never stayed on deck 2, one advantage (besides saving a lot of money on your cabin) is that your deck is so

close to being able to getting on and off the ship at docked ports faster. :) Though the hallways are a bit small

if a lot of people are passing through.

If you have not been on Brilliance yet, you are in for a treat, and is the twin sister to the Serenade you were on.

She is a beautiful ship! :D

I have no idea how some of you are saying you had large windows on deck 2 of Brilliance. All of the Radiance class ships have portholes on deck 2 not the large round windows that you find on deck 3 and 4 or all of the ocean view cabins on Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class ships.

On A Radiance class ships I would not get on OV cabin on deck 2 if your concern is looking out the window. If all you care about is getting some natural light then it would be perfectly fine.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I tried to find a side view of Brilliance for you all but didn't succeed. If you find one to look at the bottom row or portholes is deck 2. Deck 1 has no windows on the Radiance class ships unlike Voyager/Freedom where deck one does have portholes and deck 2 (the first passenger cabin deck) has large round windows.

If you look at the picture on Wikipedia (click on picture to enlarge it), just below the lifeboats is the promenade deck (deck 5 on Radiance class). There are then two deck below that with windows. Those are deck 4 and 3. Then comes deck 2 with its portholes that are so small they barely show up on the picture.