Cronuts!!!

Jo H

This is a very serious question. Does anyone know if they still serve cronuts (on the Celebrity Reflection). My friend is obsessed with the damn things and has not stopped talking about them since last November. Sadly another friend is currently on the Reflection and has broken the news that there does not seem to be a cronut in sight!! She actually videoed the "lack" of cronuts so my other friend knew she wasn't joking!!

Any cronut information would be most grateful. My friend has just lost the best part of 2 stone with the intention of treating herself to half a cronut a day!! I kid you not!!

Thanks x :rolleyes:

This is a very serious question. Does anyone know if they still serve cronuts (on the Celebrity Reflection). My friend is obsessed with the damn things and has not stopped talking about them since last November. Sadly another friend is currently on the Reflection and has broken the news that there does not seem to be a cronut in sight!! She actually videoed the "lack" of cronuts so my other friend knew she wasn't joking!!

Any cronut information would be most grateful. My friend has just lost the best part of 2 stone with the intention of treating herself to half a cronut a day!! I kid you not!!

Thanks x :rolleyes:

Sorry! No cronuts. But lots and lots of delicious sweet treats can be found at the Cafe al Bacio. Their muffins, croissant, danish and more are far better than what can be found in the Oceanview Cafe (buffet) or MDR. I stop by the Cafe al Bacio for a skinny vanilla latte and muffins on my way to MDR or Aqua Spa Cafe for breakfast. The best combination of foods for breakfast on the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

DQREv9ClraV0p7tRYXW4i0J0sV91-xZ45JIlzAK5cHjuUV3el4eR0kpJ5EmZ6WKcqoWBYSl-Xahjc_nwKVSAT0cBNPQHQtM9qcOAookGVf7RWYERHu8TAyXc-HtA5zNe_7pUV7p5csL0W5TU9aKxA2QKBOyIQePNWOpmPPxS3GaqXIhtfyyUSoCWsMfC8kfcu0MmKp6nP1pE5S2Jjd7p0_1NBTy4Bdu-jcZKlr4Jupb_2anEz48v32y3vMvhwnKiCKE8RWKRZo51Yv6bVQscqhdowyfjknKtvV04c7-Boxrl2fHN9-o81-KecJIVl90KVt3BwcevbGPmRTQt7YvdS1--hzMH3C_kXLtTNjwbdu2qTI4MgImsEzo-Y3XBdRc6dXoRj2MPhZcvuHCjzM5UtUO1QNCL8-TPdxnQoDXjbPhS4-rTdqYijyPhrNQq81mvq43zcrq9oGooCDlcs_4kd6pC6ST6KlwbXphsn-JG5dYv9AmczUkv3eOjFI09-tN-4JbCTgqGfgE3XLuOhFie1WeUJEle6gOhLx6uck0fOpm9YwqJuycqZZ7eNA7nXpPdpa9oLJHbOQKffyzPeEwaFsJcAkAUrCVibMEOk4iSi3sIf74jWX86bgBA-SKLZKSeGv0mihA4D7A-10mm8YOKBHHHnlUjB2v1pYNwSA-wH-py3g=w1015-h761-no

Thank you so much for this!! I remember how amazing the patisseries looked in Cafe al Bacio however she only has eyes for cronuts!! (For the life of me I cannot understand why you would find a fried croissant appealing). I dread to think how many "syns" they would contain.

We leave in just under 2 weeks and I think I won't tell her that her worst fears are true. I will wait until we get on board and break the news to her over a Pimms.

Thank you x x

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the life of me, I thought cronuts have only been on Princess ... but really don't know that for sure so am not challenging your memory. So, if they have had something on Celebrity before, they might just make it for you if you ask. I was at Cafe Al Bacio and asked if they would be having lemon meringue pie (like the best you've ever had in your life) during the cruise. The guy behind the counter stated he would relay my request ... and bingo .... there it was a couple of days later. That same guy flagged me down to let me know. NICE, right?? So, couldn't hurt to ask ... I can pretty much tell you they won't come out from behind the counter and hit you with a baseball bat.

Cruise Raider, thank you for the advice. I get on a couple of hours ahead of our friends. Once I have bagsied our loungers I am going to hunt out "head patissiere" and explain the situation. I am not too proud to beg and I will even show him/her our WhatsApp thread from November. While I was busy sorting family excursions my friend was busy calculating how much weight to lose in order to consume the cronuts. She is going to be devastated to find that the past 3 months of denial could well be futile!! I will endeavour to make this happen!!

Cronut description - I think it is as unappetising as it sounds!! A fried croissant!! Not sure why you need any more calories added onto a croissant anyway!!

Wish me luck!! X

Guys it does not sound yummy!! It sounds frightening but my lovely friend is feeling really dejected now she knows there are no more cronuts!! (Sadder than my son when he heard that they no longer did late afternoon sushi!!)

She had even planned her day around "cronut" time.

I have attached an image of said cronut. It really is a diabetic, high colesterol sufferers and slimming world nightmare x 6a4bfdf8aaf3314bc9e0cb4595cd6c41.jpg

What is a cronut? Is it a croissant doughnut?

I too was curious as I was imagining very odd looking hybrid croissant-donut. http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2016-05-09/the-complete-history-of-the-cronut

And you can make your own if you have three days to spend in the kitchen. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2014/oct/07/official-cronut-recipe-dominique-ansel-three-days

Cronuts---now-you-can-mak-012.jpg?w=1920&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&

official-cronut-recipe-dominique-ansel-three-days#img-1

Edited by cruisin' lady

They look very yummy....You can follow the three day process here.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-cronut?utm_term=.vxM1b8PZj#.oa175baE8

I wouldn't expect the pastry chefs on a cruise ship to spend three days preparing a batch of cronuts. You might just have to plan a trip to NY and pre-order cronuts for your friend.

Guys it does not sound yummy!! It sounds frightening but my lovely friend is feeling really dejected now she knows there are no more cronuts!! (Sadder than my son when he heard that they no longer did late afternoon sushi!!)...She had even planned her day around "cronut" time.Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's your opinion and for me it doesn't count.

Thank you cruisin lady, I think they look amazing!! I remember when we went a few years ago they had mini cakes that were stunning. Im sure she will survive x

Cruise Raider, thank you for the advice. I get on a couple of hours ahead of our friends. Once I have bagsied our loungers I am going to hunt out "head patissiere" and explain the situation. I am not too proud to beg and I will even show him/her our WhatsApp thread from November. While I was busy sorting family excursions my friend was busy calculating how much weight to lose in order to consume the cronuts. She is going to be devastated to find that the past 3 months of denial could well be futile!! I will endeavour to make this happen!!

Cronut description - I think it is as unappetising as it sounds!! A fried croissant!! Not sure why you need any more calories added onto a croissant anyway!!

Wish me luck!! X

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! I sure hope it works.

I am with you ... I tried one on Princess before and after one bite, I decided it was truly not worth the calories .... maybe not even the energy it took to chew it. I just don't get it but I am sure there are others that do ... they can certain have mine. ;)

[emoji23] thank you. Will take her a few days to come to terms with the situation after which I'm sure she will find something to fill the void!! [emoji85]

I see a tray of those delicious almond croissants up in the top right corner. It would take a lot for me to pass up one of those in favour of a cronut. Breakfast heaven is almond croissants on a warm balcony with a blue sky and calm seas.

I see a tray of those delicious almond croissants up in the top right corner. It would take a lot for me to pass up one of those in favour of a cronut. Breakfast heaven is almond croissants on a warm balcony with a blue sky and calm seas.

You've painted quite the picture ... I am now dying to be on a cruise. :)