Day resort pass in Bermuda?

The only hotels offering day passes in Bermuda are Elbow Beach Resort and Coco Reef Resort.

The passes are sold through resortforaday.com http://www.resortforaday.com/Bermuda-Day-Pass-s/1852.htm .

If you search through the Bermuda Ports Of Call Board you'll find lots of discussion of the topic. Personally, I see no need to buy a day pass in Bermuda. There are numerous beautiful, free public beaches and Bermuda is not a place where the beaches are overrun with annoying vendors trying to sell you everything under the sun. Others will disagree with my opinion on the matter.

I just recently sent out emails to resorts inquiring about this. Below is response from Elbow & Coco, respectively. Also, based on the link provided by njhorseman, only Coco allows use of pool in addition to beach access.

Elbow:

Good Day,

The beach does offer day passes. They are $100.00 for 2 people. They come as a first come first serve basis so I would recommend coming to the beach early. The Beach opens at 9am. The pass includes 2 chairs & an umbrella, as well as, full access to the beach, facilities, & equipment.

Kind Regards,

Concierge Agent

Sacha Dill

Coco:

Good day,

Yes we do have day past hey are 99per person.

Front Desk

Coco Reef Bermuda

P.O. Box HM 523

Hamilton HM CX

Bermuda

Tel : (441) 236-5416

Fax: (441) 236-0371

I just recently sent out emails to resorts inquiring about this. Below is response from Elbow & Coco, respectively. Also, based on the link provided by njhorseman, only Coco allows use of pool in addition to beach access.

Elbow:

Good Day,

The beach does offer day passes. They are $100.00 for 2 people. They come as a first come first serve basis so I would recommend coming to the beach early. The Beach opens at 9am. The pass includes 2 chairs & an umbrella, as well as, full access to the beach, facilities, & equipment.

Kind Regards,

Concierge Agent

Sacha Dill

Coco:

Good day,

Yes we do have day past hey are 99per person.

Front Desk

Coco Reef Bermuda

P.O. Box HM 523

Hamilton HM CX

Bermuda

Tel : (441) 236-5416

Fax: (441) 236-0371

A major difference between the two in addition to the use of the pool at Coco Reef is that Coco Reef's day pass includes lunch.

You should also note that Elbow Beach is quoting you a price for a walk up with no reservation and no guarantee that space will be available on the day you wish to use their facilities. Given that it's a significant distance from the Royal Naval Dockyard where the NCL ships are berthed to either Coco Reef or Elbow Beach (they're virtually next door neighbors) I wouldn't recommend just showing up and hoping there's space available. An advance reservation, which will cost a bit more through resortforaday.com makes more sense.

We did Coco 2 years ago. I think it was $79/ea, which included 3 course lunch (in restaurant, or outside patio), loungers, umbrella, towels, and use of pool & changing area. It was very quiet, maybe 2 other couples. I would highly recommend it, especially with a nice meal included.

Update: Coco now charges $99ea, and they include 3 course meal. It looks as though they don't provide towels now. They request that you bring beach towels. There are sold-out dates. Reserve in advance.

Edited by cruiser1955a