On the Navigator from Saturday

Shuttle bus in Le Harve is €4 per person.

Bilbao shuttle is €12 pp

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I hope you had a better entry into Bilbao that we did a couple of years ago on Explorer. Low tide and a low dock meant listing the ship by a few degrees, which apparently gave just 12 inches of clearance between the ship and the sea bed! Our Captain admitted he wasn't keen on returning, so I was surprised to see RCI are still sailing there (our ship's visit was the first, I think).

I hope you're having a great trip, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you're back.

Interesting, can you grab a photo? How do they check? I will be onboard in a few weeks time.

Don't have a photo but they are definitely there as I used them on my cruise on 8th July. As for how do they check, quite simply they don't. I always used my soda cup though so maybe that's why no-one stopped and asked me. There was a sign up saying that it was for use only for people with soda packages, but there was no-one there checking that you had a package before you could use it.

Wife and I are on VOS from 29th September as well. Any chance you could find out who the concierge is please as I've been trying to get in touch with them

Cheers

Is that Vision or Voyager?

Don't have a photo but they are definitely there as I used them on my cruise on 8th July. As for how do they check, quite simply they don't. I always used my soda cup though so maybe that's why no-one stopped and asked me. There was a sign up saying that it was for use only for people with soda packages, but there was no-one there checking that you had a package before you could use it.

Thanks for the explanation. I have not seen a setup onboard like that before.

Do you book for the ice skating and theatre once on board. If so how soon are they available They are not showing as an option on my cruise planner. Thanks in advance

There are no pre-cruise entertainment reservations for Navigator. Also, except possibly for the ice show, there are no onboard reservations for entertainment either. If the ice show has some sort of ticket distribution method, you will be notified once onboard.

There are no pre-cruise entertainment reservations for Navigator. Also, except possibly for the ice show, there are no onboard reservations for entertainment either. If the ice show has some sort of ticket distribution method, you will be notified once onboard.

The ice show was on the 2 sea day's, with 2 performances per day. Tickets are available on the morning of the show.

When we went, there was 2 lines, 1 for tickets and 1 for without. Those without will get in after all ticket holders have taken their seats, about 10 mins before the show starts.

Thank you. I wasn't sure if there was an issue because I was able to book my shows for Oasis which is a later cruise

The ice show was on the 2 sea day's, with 2 performances per day. Tickets are available on the morning of the show.

When we went, there was 2 lines, 1 for tickets and 1 for without. Those without will get in after all ticket holders have taken their seats, about 10 mins before the show starts.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like the same arrangements as Independence. I wanted to check ahead as I have some family travelling with me who have never cruised before. They are really looking forward to the Ice skating show

Hello I'm interested in the Ports as we r on independence and doing le harve Bilbao Cherbourg and gijon!! Did u go into le harve is there anything worth doing!

Do u need shuttle in gijon I haven't researched it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gijon was a charming town ( where the shipdocks is in the middle of a desolate field so it does not appeal on first glance, and you have to take the shuttle into town). Gijon had many cute squares and a fabulous esplanade with a long sandy beach. I walked to the bus station and caught a bus to Oviedo – fabulous service running every 30 minutes and taking around 30 minutes – all for less than €5 return! Considerably cheaper than the ship tour costs. Oviedo was a beautiful town set in wonderful scenery. Well worth the trip.

I dont seem to have made a comment on the cost so I guess it was around €5

image-M.jpg

Ovation at Gijon cruise terminal LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

Probably not directly on topic but just idle curiosity. I'm going to be on the Navigator in January, sailing out of Miami. I wonder how many differences there are, on the same ship, between sailing from England and sailing from the US? Do prices vary? Does the menu change? Does the beer and other drinks change? Any other differences?