On silhouette now

mra9955

I just came off this cruise and in my opinion the Silhouette had the worst food of any of my 32 cruises. Scrambled eggs were like small Styrofoam balls. I discussed with the head of the Oceanview Cafe. He said he understood and would fix the problem along with the cold food(oatmeal and other items). Food was slightly better later in the cruise.

MDR food was mediocre at best with one or 2 items being good. Desserts were repetitive and not very good.

I actually lost weight on this cruise.

Also found the ship to be in disrepair. Torn drapes and bed skirts. Dirty chairs in library etc. Needs refurbishing.

Excursions were horrible.

Topping it all was when those of us on the Edinburgh Tattoo Celebrity excursion had to wait over 2 hours in the pouring rain while people who were not on Celebrity excursions stayed dry and were put on tenders ahead of us.

No more Celebrity cruises for us.

We have been on 27 Celebrity cruises with #28 (and very likely the last) coming up in January sailing on the Silhouette for the fifth time. I have made this statement numerous times and will make it again...... when a cruise line has to constantly "give away" free booze, pre-paid gratuities, and on-board credit to fill the ships, something has to suffer and it usually is the quality of the food. We switched to Aqua Class a few years ago for this very reason and, even that food is not the same. Our experience in Blu this January might finally be our last!!!

I found the food on Solstice to be excellent. Had very little complaints. I found the food to be superior to that of NCL, which had some great individual dishes but overall not as good as Celebrity.

OP seems to be expecting Four Seasons or Peninsula quality food on a cruise ship trying to feed thousands. OP's complaints were that the ingredients were not fresh or high quality. I don't think cruising a mass market line is a good idea for OP. Perhaps he should try Viking River Cruises? I heard the food on those trips was impeccable.

I just came off this cruise and in my opinion the Silhouette had the worst food of any of my 32 cruises. Scrambled eggs were like small Styrofoam balls. I discussed with the head of the Oceanview Cafe. He said he understood and would fix the problem along with the cold food(oatmeal and other items). Food was slightly better later in the cruise.

MDR food was mediocre at best with one or 2 items being good. Desserts were repetitive and not very good.

I actually lost weight on this cruise.

Also found the ship to be in disrepair. Torn drapes and bed skirts. Dirty chairs in library etc. Needs refurbishing.

Excursions were horrible.

Topping it all was when those of us on the Edinburgh Tattoo Celebrity excursion had to wait over 2 hours in the pouring rain while people who were not on Celebrity excursions stayed dry and were put on tenders ahead of us.

No more Celebrity cruises for us.

On boy...

Who cruised on Silhuette between December and now ... She was in perfect shape!

Food was great as well as atmosphere.

So what line is in your plans?

when a cruise line has to constantly "give away" free booze, pre-paid gratuities, and on-board credit to fill the ships, something has to suffer and it usually is the quality of the food.

Celebrity does not "give away". It's all included/buried in your base fare. Your 500$ on-board credit cost them probably 100$.

We have been on 27 Celebrity cruises with #28 (and very likely the last) coming up in January sailing on the Silhouette for the fifth time. I have made this statement numerous times and will make it again...... when a cruise line has to constantly "give away" free booze, pre-paid gratuities, and on-board credit to fill the ships, something has to suffer and it usually is the quality of the food. We switched to Aqua Class a few years ago for this very reason and, even that food is not the same. Our experience in Blu this January might finally be our last!!!

We are not giving up on Celeb yet..we'll be back on Silho for third tims in Jan...AQ as always.

Fav ships are Silho and EQ... after Inf in Oct..we are eliminating M class for cruising. Aging and nothing very special in dining

Agree that inclusions like the Drink packages cause poorer bar service in gen, cuts elsewhere, and have attracted a diff demographic...from much more casual cruise lines..

Still have hope with new ships, higher pricing and hopefully more emphasis on food and service.

I was on the same cruise as the OP. My husband and I found the food in the MDR to be very good. Our dining companions also were happy. Regarding portion size, our waiter was always happy to bring my husband more than one entree.