Offal at breakfast

scouse mouse

Ho-ley cow!

Talk about violating Wheaton's Law--

Please, don't be a dick! Knock off this childish badinage.

There are some on this thread who are having an adult discussion.

While I'm always open to the possibility that I'm mistaken, I don't believe I've exceeded the bounds of civil discussion in this instance. Nevertheless, if I have accidentally offended anyone, I offer an apology.

True, and we cannot enjoy a hearty bacon sandwich. Sigh. It for health reasons. Bad heart.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Forums mobile app

[

marypat01

Cool Cruiser

Jacksonville, FL USA

801 Posts

Joined Mar 2003

Posted Today, 03:56 PM

Cannot eat broccoli.

/QUOTE]

So how is broccoli bad on the heart? It's a good veggie to eat. Don't jerk my chain please.

Are you indicating those items are in McDonald's hamburger patties?

I once worked with a food operation that included an abattoir. I saw that nothing (pretty much literally) was wasted, but that did not mean it all went into "meat."

Some did (sausage anyone?), but some went to items ranging from pet food to fertilizer to other non food items.

But all parts of the cow were used/shipped off to be used in/for something.

This experience was when I first learned the word offal. And it was awful to see a conveyor belt carrying various "stuff" to a waiting, open box (while loading) truck. Note, this treatment was for "stuff" that was NOT going to end up in food product.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

You got it.

Commercially made hamburger (and hot dogs) contain many items that the posters on this thread would never even consider eating.

Walk past any McDonalds and you will see them happily stuffing their pie holes with it.

Ignorance is bliss...................

My wife calls it McLipLids.

I take warfarin vitamin k is bad for warfarin. The green leafy stuff high high high in vit.k

Far be it from me to give any medical advice, but I can at least make a suggestion about which you might ask your doctor. I have a feeling that the Vitamin K vs Warfarin (Coumadin) controversy may be similar to the one about grapefruit vs cholesterol medications. You know--don't eat grapefruit if you take statins because they interfere with the meds. Turns out that it is upside down--eating grapefruit actually enhances the efficacy of statins.

However, what I have found about broccoli is this:

You still can have foods that have vitamin K, but you must keep the amount you eat about the same from week to week. If you want broccoli or other greens, you still can have them. For example, you might want to have about a ½ cup © two times each week. Consistency is the important thing, not the amount, so the vitamin K in your blood stays about the same.

This from "Nutrition 411". And by the way, their list of veggies Very High on vitamin K, a list of 14 vegetables, does not include broccoli; broccoli is listed in a secondary list termed High, not Very High. This is just informational--follow your doctor's advice, of course.

Far be it from me to give any medical advice, but I can at least make a suggestion about which you might ask your doctor. I have a feeling that the Vitamin K vs Warfarin (Coumadin) controversy may be similar to the one about grapefruit vs cholesterol medications. You know--don't eat grapefruit if you take statins because they interfere with the meds. Turns out that it is upside down--eating grapefruit actually enhances the efficacy of statins.

However, what I have found about broccoli is this:

You still can have foods that have vitamin K, but you must keep the amount you eat about the same from week to week. If you want broccoli or other greens, you still can have them. For example, you might want to have about a ½ cup © two times each week. Consistency is the important thing, not the amount, so the vitamin K in your blood stays about the same.

This from "Nutrition 411". And by the way, their list of veggies Very High on vitamin K, a list of 14 vegetables, does not include broccoli; broccoli is listed in a secondary list termed High, not Very High. This is just informational--follow your doctor's advice, of course.

Thanks. But I already knew that and take it into consideration. If I have to limit things, there are priorities on the list. Some of the green leafy stuff after not very high on the list. Lol.