Viking logo precruise gifts

pjsers

I wrote Viking this morning stating I have been on 2 Viking trips, with 3rd for next May and had not received an email. They quickly responded and I'm picking our 2 gifts now!!

Thank you Viking for a fast answer

I wrote Viking this morning stating I have been on 2 Viking trips, with 3rd for next May and had not received an email. They quickly responded and I'm picking our 2 gifts now!!

Thank you Viking for a fast answer

Oh? So I should write too? Cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, well done to Viking for giving the definitive answer once again. But I would still be interested to know if this applies to all Explorer Society members or just US residents?

Sent from my mobile using the CC forums app

Explorer Society. You automatically enrolled after your first cruise. You could check Vikings clarification on the page 1 of this thread.

Thanks vnb2003. I am clear about our status a Explorer Society members but not sure if the gifts programme is international or limited to the US. Has anyone outside the USA received logo gifts?

Sent from my mobile using the CC forums app

We are doing our first ocean cruise in two months but have 8 Viking river cruises to date. We didn't get the email so I queried last night. They wrote back first thing this morning and we've selected our gifts. I'm impressed that Viking now seems to be monitoring the boards and seems to be growing more responsive. We actually chose to cancel a booked river cruise with another line in order to stay with Viking when they sent us a special offer for our upcoming ocean cruise. The other line did nothing with followup or contact (other than the bill) to keep us engaged or anticipating our cruise so we let it go knowing we wouldn't be treated that way by Viking. Now we're happy and excited.

Hi all - Viking just confirmed to me that UK cruisers don't qualify for the pre cruise gifts because our gratuities are included in the cost of the cruise.

I didn't understand. What gratuities have to do with the gift?

Not sure but here's the actual response -

"Thank you for talking the time to e-mail in to us. The pre cruise gift is something that our US office offers their passengers however it is not applicable here in the uk.

This is because US passengers do not get their gratuities included."

I didn't understand. What gratuities have to do with the gift?

It almost sounds like someone is making it up as they go along. How does a $10 item offset $30 a day worth of gratuities. Just say that the program is not offered in the UK and leave it at that.

Or, even better, make all fares gratuities included and give everybody gifts. :D

• 3 months later...

I can confirm that the gift program is alive and well. DH received and email on Christmas Day requesting we select two gifts from those offered. The offerings included those mentioned by PPs along with some I hadn't seen previously which we chose - a battery backup for electronic devices and an electrical adapter for different plug types.

I can confirm that the gift program is alive and well. DH received and email on Christmas Day requesting we select two gifts from those offered. The offerings included those mentioned by PPs along with some I hadn't seen previously which we chose - a battery backup for electronic devices and an electrical adapter for different plug types.

Exactly the two gifts that I received right before Christmas

Hello all,

We’ve noticed a bit of confusion on this thread and would like to take a moment to explain the gift program in question.

It’s worth beginning with a note that the gifts associated with our past guest gift program are separate from the luggage tags and other articles provided in our standard documents kit. The items referenced here, such as the packing cubes and blankets, are extended as a benefit to honor the members of our loyalty program, Viking Explorer Society. Here’s how the benefit works:

After you complete your first cruise with us, you are automatically enrolled in our Viking Explorer Society. Once enrolled, approximately 60 days prior to your next departure, an email message prompting a free gift selection is delivered to each household. After choosing your gift and placing your order, the item will arrive to your home address within 14 business days.

This program is relatively new, so gifts have only been offered to Viking Explorer Society members who’ve joined us again within the last 2 years.

If you believe you qualify for a free gift, but haven’t received the referenced email message, you are welcome to contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com so that we can review your case and generate your email prompt, as needed.

We appreciate the opportunity to offer an explanation and hope we’ve been successful in clearing up any misunderstanding.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Guess I just lucked out. Did the Grand Riverboat Cruise on The Bragi (Budapest to Amsterdam) in August, 2013 and picked Viking blanket as gift. Cruising on Viking Sea 1/6/18 and was again offered choice of gifts.

• 2 weeks later...
Exactly the two gifts that I received right before Christmas

Got ours yesterday! Did your electrical adapter come with any instructions? Trying to figure out whether the blinking red lights mean it’s charged or needs to be!

TIA