U.S. Issues new Trael Wanring to avoid unnecessary travel to Mexico.

sail7seas

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, Cozumel is noted on the advisory also.

Crazy For Cats....we are on with you and probably will not go ashore either. HAL does seem to go with these advisories and I wouldn't be surprised it we don't have yet more itinerary changes. Not much in the way of choices for alternates though....

Linda R.

I just returned from Cozumel & Grand Cayman with no problems and had a great time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A view from Texas about how things are rapidly changing in Mexico and why. https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mexico/2017/08/25/mexicos-drug-cartels-fracture-violence-travel-warnings-soar

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most people donot realise how large a country Mexico is. Yes there are states that can be dangerous to locals and tourists, so why go there. On the other hand there are still enough places where tourists will be fine (as long as they arenot in drugs, donot drink too much and donot show how much money they carry).

Since some years we stay in Puerto Vallarta each winter for a few months. We drive around in our car, shop local, have also visited many parts of Mexico too. Yes I am blond (more grey unfortunately now), so we certainly donot look like mexicans. Never had we any problems, mexicans were always friendly and very helpful.

During our travels yes we have had some problems, but that was in our hometown Amsterdam and once in Istanbul - pre cruise..

Most people donot realise how large a country Mexico is. Yes there are states that can be dangerous to locals and tourists, so why go there. On the other hand there are still enough places where tourists will be fine (as long as they arenot in drugs, donot drink too much and donot show how much money they carry).

Since some years we stay in Puerto Vallarta each winter for a few months. We drive around in our car, shop local, have also visited many parts of Mexico too. Yes I am blond (more grey unfortunately now), so we certainly donot look like mexicans. Never had we any problems, mexicans were always friendly and very helpful.

During our travels yes we have had some problems, but that was in our hometown Amsterdam and once in Istanbul - pre cruise..

Puerto Vallarta is my favourite Mexico destination, and many of our friends have condos there to spend the winters and some have time-shares. I've never felt unsafe, and it really has something for everyone.

I do not know details, but heard, that Mexico sufered an aearthquake this week zs well as hurricane. I do not know location or damage but that does not add to desire to hurry off to M exico.

The epicenter of Thursday’s (07 SEP 17) earthquake was about 60 miles off the coast of Chiapas state, near the border with Guatemala, according to the United States Geological Survey, which measured the quake’s magnitude at 8.1.

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-me-earthquake-mexico-8-20170907-story.html

01 SEP 17 Topical Storm Lidia strikes Mexico's Baja California, triggering floods and killing four

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/tropical-storm-lidia-closes-in-on-mexicos-los-cabos-resorts/2017/08/31/88cbc890-8ec1-11e7-9c53-6a169beb0953_story.html?utm_term=.7d6a381b9341

I cannot speak for anyone else, but we studied geography and I like it.... I have actutally looked at maps and know mexico covers ogts of land. I do not know exactly where the hurricane hit or what damage from earrthquake, as I mentioned. :) Hope damage from both was minimal and no loss of life or serious injjuries.

Thank you, Copper annd Frank. I just now saw your posts adn they add good clarificariion. that is always a good thing. :)

Were I not solo I would sooooo be on it.. I'm uneasy given health issues, to be alone in Cuba. :o, just in case but I really like so much ab out it .WISH it was Maasdam or Noordam, though, of couse, I know why i is not Noordam.

Not sure if this would be of interest, but there are agencies that provide travel aides for travellers with health concerns. From personal care attendants all the way to RNs. That way, you could take the cruise to Cuba, knowing you had a skilled professional able to provide care. A friend does this part-time. She is assigned to many fascinating trips, for people from many places. If you'd like the name of her agency, let me know -- I can find out for you.

The epicenter of Thursday’s (07 SEP 17) earthquake was about 60 miles off the coast of Chiapas state, near the border with Guatemala, according to the United States Geological Survey, which measured the quake’s magnitude at 8.1.

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-me-earthquake-mexico-8-20170907-story.html

01 SEP 17 Topical Storm Lidia strikes Mexico's Baja California, triggering floods and killing four

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/tropical-storm-lidia-closes-in-on-mexicos-los-cabos-resorts/2017/08/31/88cbc890-8ec1-11e7-9c53-6a169beb0953_story.html?utm_term=.7d6a381b9341

Copper 10-8, have you heard of any damage to Huatulco or Ixtapa? I haven't been able to find any info.