3 for free starts on Sept 5

anthonyy7

Yes, I understand, BUT just as another poster said, premium isn't included in the sale. The BA cabin I booked was more, but so much less than it normally is. So even though there is a price difference, your upgrade and mine is a "deal" as well.

BA cabin category is not premium.

I am not saying I didn't get a "deal". What I want to point out is, Princess' statement "Free stateroom location upgrades applies to booking the stateroom location you wish to sail in for the price of the lowest category within that stateroom type during this promotion only….”. is not true for all cases. As for my 3 booked cruises, the lowest price match does not apply to the midship cabins (BA and IA).

I am not saying I didn't get a "deal". What I want to point out is, Princess' statement "Free stateroom location upgrades applies to booking the stateroom location you wish to sail in for the price of the lowest category within that stateroom type during this promotion only….”. is not true for all cases. As for my 3 booked cruises, the lowest price match does not apply to the midship cabins (BA and IA).

The footnote at the bottom of the Princess description of the sale says "Upgrade offer excludes select categories, including but not limited to premium categories and suites." According to this language, they can exclude other non-premium categories if they wish.

There is not a question of fairness or misleading information. The purpose of the sale is to maximize Princess revenue from the sailing - not to save us money. Princess can offer a sale on whatever categories they want. If it's a good deal, take it. If it's not a good deal, then don't take it. If the price difference for these categories is too much, then book a lower category.

We experienced this situation when booking 3 for Free last September. Interior categories were $1,499 however our IA category was charged $1,524.

It's the same situation for the current offer, $1,049 for balcony categories except for BA which are $1,074.

We were altered by our TA that Princess was launching the 3 for free on 9/5 and to review our advance bookings which we did .Contacted her yesterday and changed 2 from S and S to 3 for free.. With price drops, added OBC and free gratuities we have saved in excess of $1100 . It took our TA less than 15 minutes to complete the rebooking.

Regarding Premium / B1 / Mid Ship etc.

On Crown Rome to Barcelona April 28 2018 all balconies on Baja are $2099 pp, except Mid Ship which are BA at $2129 pp. Also rear facing Aft B752 is shown as B4 but is $2129.

Balconies on Caribe show as Premium $2129 however Caribe Aft show as BD $2029 271 Sq. ft. Mid Aft, Mid, Mid Fore all show as B1 $2129.

So On Baja Mid Ship is NOT same as other locations and is NOT B1. On Caribe balconies are 271 Sq. Ft but Aft are less that Mid Aft etc. Location seems to be the driving factor - not B1; BA; B4

Having said that, we re-fared B510 and will buy AIBP and still save $555 per cabin !

Edited by Tedferg

We have a group of 9 (family) traveling June 2018 on Alaskan cruise tour. Booked 3 inside cabins and 2 balconies which were booked under sip n sail. Had our TA check into new 3 for free promo. Inside cabins of course took advantage of promo with additional savings of $120 to $130 per cabin.

The two couples who originally booked balconies under sip n sail found out would only be $50 savings if we switched. We both are in BB category. We're keeping the sip n sail.

Hoping for maybe another promo before final payment.