Harmony of the Seas with 2 teens

mominva

My husband, two teens (17 and 19) and I went on the Harmony of the Seas. We have been on the Oasis of the Seas twice, so it was fun to compare the 2 ships. It is a beautiful ship and we all had a blast.

This was an Eastern Caribbean cruise (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Kitts).

One of the first things I usually do is get my Sea Pass hole punched at Guest Services so I can wear it on a lanyard. You can't do that anymore. Apparently, if the Sea Pass is punched, it will no longer work. They now sell lanyards on board that have a clear sleeve that you put the card in.

I saw several people wearing the WOW bands, although we didn't purchase them. They are $4.99 each and are sold at the WOW Band Desk at Boleros, Deck 5, when you get on the ship.

We did My Time Dining and were assigned to the Deck 4 dining room. A few times, they brought us to a table on Deck 3. Each night, the waiters were great and we got out in about an hour. My kids had all of their activities, so an hour was perfect. We did not make any reservations for a particular time to eat. We mainly ate before 7 pm and didn't have any problems getting a table. One night, we went to dinner at 8:30 and we had to wait for a table. Apparently, a lot of people like to eat then.

We tried to go to all of the nightly entertainment. We saw the comedy show for adults only (we thought it was fun) and we saw the comedy show on the last night which was for the whole family. It was the same 2 comedians. I was surprised that both comedians used a lot of the same jokes. Oh well.

There are 2 ice shows. One requires reservations and the other one does not. The skaters did a wonderful job.

There are also 2 aqua shows. One requires reservations and is a little strange. My husband thought it was too weird. The 2nd one does not require reservations and is much more fun.

Grease is the best musical we have seen on Royal. The other musical-Columbus -had great songs and an amazing set. The story line is a little strange.

The headliner was a juggler and a comedian. There were some funny parts, but a lot of his sketches went on for too long.

The entertainment is so varied and I think that is what we like about the big ships.

If you need a pool towel, you have to use your Sea Pass to check one out. If you don't check it back in, they will charge $25 to your Sea Pass.

They put sinks outside of the Windjammer, which is a huge improvement. People have to walk through the sink room, so there is no excuse about washing hands! There is also a sink outside of the Solarium which I don't think I saw on the Oasis.

White night was on Day 5. They don't make a big deal about it. They just suggested everyone wear white to the Boardwalk Latin Fiesta. I love for my family to wear white on one night of the cruise, so we were prepared.

Formal nights are Days 2 and 6.

My 19 YO went to the Red Party which was on Day 5 at 11:30 in Studio B. He loved it! Which means they probably played his type of music! I am not sure why they called it the RED party.

Instead of the 70's party on the Oasis, they hold a 90's party in the Royal Promenade. It wasn't just me. No one seemed to know most of the songs. I'm not sure why they picked them! It is still a popular event; they just need to pick some other songs.

They also held a 50's party in the Royal Promenade and the songs were the ones everyone knew. This dance goes along with the Grease theme. It was fun.

My 17 YO had a blast in the teen club. She met so many new friends and was always busy with the nightly activities.

My 19 YO went to a lot of the parties and shows with us. Afterward, he headed to karaoke (in On Air) or to the dances (in The Attic, which is where the comedy shows take place). During the day, he hung out at the flowrider with his friends. I always hope there are other college aged people on board who want to hang out.

If you have any questions about the cruise, I'll try to answer them.

Sorry but what is a WOW band? We were on Freedom last April and they were selling lanyards right before you get on the ship and were punching holes in seapasses for free. You mean this is no longer?

My time dining can we reserve the same table each day ahead of cruise? We prefer having same wait staff.

Sorry but what is a WOW band? We were on Freedom last April and they were selling lanyards right before you get on the ship and were punching holes in seapasses for free. You mean this is no longer?

My time dining can we reserve the same table each day ahead of cruise? We prefer having same wait staff.

You can request the same table and staff on the first night, if you like your experience, but not before your cruise. And there are no guarantees on board. They will try their hardest to accommodate you.

wow_band_1.jpg

It is only on Harmony and Quantum class ships (soon to include Symphony) that you cannot get holes punched in your Seapass cards as they use RFID technology.