Wi fi

Jojo90123

Beware! I did exactly what you suggest Annie, taking a package out at 3 pm. We changed time zones overnight and when I logged on the next morning, the system told me my package was only valid up to 2 pm! As we were in port that day and going on a shore excursion, by the time I returned the package had expired.

I am currently taking this up with P&O because I paid for 24 hours of access, which I did not receive, and there was no indication anywhere that you would lose time with a time zone change. (Bet they don't give you extra if the clocks change the other way!!).

There is some confusion with regards to this because only a few days ago this exactly same question was asked on P&Os Facebook page and P&O responded by saying that you have to have a package for each device while others disagreed so once again information direct from P&O Customer Services is as clear as mud.

Whilst I had the use of my package I was logged on using one of the ship's computers. I then tried to use the package at the same time with my smartphone, and got a message to say that if I wanted to use the package with another device I had to log out from the first device. So you can use as many devices as you like, but can only be logged on to the package with a single device at any given time.

How do I purchase the package before I go

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think you have to call P&O. If you log onto your cruise personaliser there should be a section there called 'Staying in Touch' it might be under 'Little Luxuries' but there should be a contact number somewhere.

I'm going to do it before my cruise next month & then I'm going to share the internet with my Parents who are also cruising.

The only thing you have to remember is to log off when finished so the other person can log onto their device.

I have visions of having to remind my Father about this ;)

snip

The only thing you have to remember is to log off when finished so the other person can log onto their device.

I have visions of having to remind my Father about this ;)

No, there is the option to "Disconnect other device" when you attempt to login. Useful if the other device might be anywhere on the ship. Could be annoying if another user is half way through an email

You could always use a router with a WISP hotspot mode to get around that if the two (or more) devices were in the same room; something like a TP WR810N.

Would that work with P&O's system - You have to login on their web interface, how would you do that on a device like the TP-Link?

Would that work with P&O's system - You have to login on their web interface, how would you do that on a device like the TP-Link?

By longing into the network with the web portal using a phone or tablet and go through the log in process.and then cloning the MAC address of the device you logged in with to the TP-Link router (the WISP mode is designed to do this).

The network with the web portal should now allow the TP-Link router to connect without throwing up the web portal as it thinks that MAC is already authenticated.

The WISP hotspot mode creates its own WiFi hotspot with whatever security you want (or even none) and you can connect whatever devices you want to it.

I have never tried it on P&O but it has worked when I have used it with captive portals in hotels elsewhere.