Suite perks, water and soda?

Takoyaki

My wife, daughter and I have a penthouse book on the Dawn out of Boston to Bermuda in October. On the NCL page for suites it says

"Champagne, custom selection of liquor**, fruit, bottled water and sodas"

Does this mean there will be bottled water and soda in our room?

Thanks for any answers!

My wife, daughter and I have a penthouse book on the Dawn out of Boston to Bermuda in October. On the NCL page for suites it says

Thanks for any answers!

You would need to be in an "Owner's Suite."

Sorry, Penthouse categories DO NOT get all of these perks. Yes, you should have a bottle of champagne included. You would have to pay for the cans of soda, and most likely the bottles of water (unless you are a certain level LATITUDES)!

Below items "should" be correct...

• Sparkling wine, bottled water and fruit on Embarkation Day
  • Mini-bar and espresso/cappuccino machine
  • 24-hour Room Service
  • Invitations to an exclusive breakfast and lunch
  • Specialty dining delivered to your suite from any restaurant (cover charges apply)
  • Cocktail party with ship's officers
  • Treats delivered right to your door each night

Edited by ggTexasGal
addition

Double check that. I think that may have been the description for the Owners Suite-OS and Deluxe Owners Suite - DOS

If not, can you copy and share the link?

Noticed something that was pointed out a few weeks ago by another poster. Some of the accomodations pages are totally wrong. Like this totally wrong statement about the Garden Villa: Available on Norwegian Dawn and Norwegian Star.

Double check that. I think that may have been the description for the Owners Suite-OS and Deluxe Owners Suite - DOS

Noticed something that was pointed out a few weeks ago by another poster. Some of the accomodations pages are totally wrong. Like this totally wrong statement about the Garden Villa: Available on Norwegian Dawn and Norwegian Star.

What was wrong about Garden Villas being available on the Dawn and Star? I know for a fact they are available at least on the Dawn.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/cruise-suites-and-penthouses

The only notes about OS, DOS, and Villa are the bottles of liquor and the limo service. Which makes it seem like everything else applies across the whole suite range. Could be wrong though. This will be my second ever cruise and first on Norwegian

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/cruise-suites-and-penthouses

The only notes about OS, DOS, and Villa are the bottles of liquor and the limo service. Which makes it seem like everything else applies across the whole suite range. Could be wrong though. This will be my second ever cruise and first on Norwegian

Scroll down the page on that link into the "explore our ..." section. Pretty clear that the items you mention only apply the the GV and DOS. It is listed in the narrative in those descriptions and not for any of the other categories.

This is consistent (albeit with different number of bottles) with my experience on he Breakaway. When I'm in the DOS I get champagne, unlimited water (still and sparkling), soda and mixers and 3 bottles of alcohol. In the OS it is essentially they same except only 1 bottle of booze. I think for the ships with GV and DOS those numbers are 6 and 3.

If you otherwise have a suite or travel in the Haven I think you just get sparkling wine (like

prosecco), but none of the other things included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Scroll down the page on that link into the "explore our ..." section. Pretty clear that the items you mention only apply the the GV and DOS. It is listed in the narrative in those descriptions and not for any of the other categories.

This is consistent (albeit with different number of bottles) with my experience on he Breakaway. When I'm in the DOS I get champagne, unlimited water (still and sparkling), soda and mixers and 3 bottles of alcohol. In the OS it is essentially they same except only 1 bottle of booze. I think for the ships with GV and DOS those numbers are 6 and 3.

If you otherwise have a suite or travel in the Haven I think you just get sparkling wine (like

Just as an FYI on the OS with Double Balcony on the Dawn we got 3 bottles of alcohol. It seems like NCL might owe you some booze if you only got 1 in an Owner's Suite.[emoji1]

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Just as an FYI on the OS with Double Balcony on the Dawn we got 3 bottles of alcohol. It seems like NCL might owe you some booze if you only got 1 in an Owner's Suite.[emoji1]

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

I think on the away class ships the deal is different. 3 for DOS and 1 for OS.

Ok thanks. I have a hard time with stuff like that. I read the big bold print and miss the more hidden stuff.

So in a penthouse all of this should still apply?

"

• 24-hour Room Service
  • Specialty dining delivered to your suite from any restaurant (cover charges apply)
  • Treats delivered right to your door each night"

And the butler and concierge?

Ok thanks. I have a hard time with stuff like that. I read the big bold print and miss the more hidden stuff.

So in a penthouse all of this should still apply?

"

•  

• 24-hour Room Service

• Treats delivered right to your door each night"

And the butler and concierge?

The mini bar is available to you but if you consume any of it, you will be charged. There are some small bottles of alcohol, soft drinks and some snacks. Most quests have the contents removed so they can use it as a fridge. Everything else is correct.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The mini bar is available to you but if you consume any of it, you will be charged. There are some small bottles of alcohol, soft drinks and some snacks. Most quests have the contents removed so they can use it as a fridge. Everything else is correct.

Ya I saw people suggest that. We have the beverage package so no way I'd pay for anything lol

Only owners suites, deluxe owners suites, and garden villas get free soft drinks and bottles of alcohol.

If you take anything from the mini bar it WILL be charged to your onboard account. On the Breakaway in the haven, (last time we weren't in OS or above), we asked the steward to empty the mini bar since we had UBP. It was done and it will help you not get charged for Mini bar use.

You will have a butler and concierge. The concierge is who you call for dining reservations etc. For anything cabin related, call the butler.

If you want to eat en suite notify your butler, but also remember they may have all the other suites in the area, so if everyone wants room service dinner, it could be real slow. Expect it to be setup and then delivery of meals. The butler won't be standing by for split second service.

I don't believe it is prosecco, only a less expensive French sparkling wine that's not from Champagne France so it can't be called champagne.

OS and DOS get champagne and three 1 liter bottles of liquor, GV get 6 bottles which sounds great, but I've seen three separate couple in a GV so that can be less than per person and for GV the specials are for the first listed couple and the rest have to pay for the special offerings. It's what if seen since we are normally in a DOS on all our NCL cruises.

The fridge is super shallow. We don't bother emptying it any more because you can't really fit anything in there that's much bigger than a can of soda anyway. And they will keep ice in the wine ice bucket all week -- we just stuck our bottles of water in that, and I assume you could throw in any beer or other beverage you purchased in a bottle as well.

Treats are usually delivered between 3 and 5 pm, so keep in mind if you like a nap before dinner (they will skip your room if you have your do not disturb on)

Enjoy!

Thanks for any answers!

I agree this is badly written. Items listed after the asterisk imply that they are included in all Suites. We know from experience this is not true.

NCL is well know for not disclosing things well. (Still crack up when I read Butler will unpack for you, :rolleyes:)

I think the best description of Suite Amenities is on the NCL Australia website. Chart clearly identifies perks for each type of Suite. Perhaps someone can find it and post it. :D