Onboard credit

Hi all, I have recently purchased some onboard credit by telephone (an extremely tortuous exercise!!) for a Rhapsody cruise at the end of September.

Should that appear anywhere online (Manage My Booking?) or do I just assume it will be there and take a print out of the card payment as a back up?

As always, thanks for the advice.

Kind regards, Peter

Hi all, I have recently purchased some onboard credit by telephone (an extremely tortuous exercise!!) for a Rhapsody cruise at the end of September.

Should that appear anywhere online (Manage My Booking?) or do I just assume it will be there and take a print out of the card payment as a back up?

As always, thanks for the advice.

Kind regards, Peter

Purchased on board credit does not show up on the website. Good idea to take a printout of the confirmation email.

let me also add that it will not show up on your onboard account until day 2, sometimes day 3 of your cruise. I'm not sure why there is a delay with it showing up. Like Bob said, bring a copy of the confirmation email just in case.

Thank you for the replies to date. If I buy plenty of OBC and my account is in credit after each day's expenditure - gratuities, drinks etc - do they still authorise the daily spend on my card when in fact I don't "owe" them anything?

Thanks again

Thank you for the replies to date. If I buy plenty of OBC and my account is in credit after each day's expenditure - gratuities, drinks etc - do they still authorise the daily spend on my card when in fact I don't "owe" them anything?

Thanks again

To avoid any daily authorizations, just opt for a "cash" type account. They will let you charge up to $500 over any credits before they ask you to pay it down. On the last night of the cruise you can switch to a credit card account for any final charges you might have.