Cabin ready ?

KayKay18

It used to be that you didn't have to wait on Carnival; we never had to. Of course' date=' the last time we went on a Carnival cruise was in 2002. On Princess, there's no wait.[/quote']Holland America, as well. So this is another aspect by which the cruise lines are segmenting into an economy segment (Carnival, Royal Caribbean, NCL), a midrange segment (Princess, Holland America, Celebrity), and an upscale segment (Seabourn, Regent Seven Seas, Silversea).

On Carnival now unless you have FTTF you must wait until the announcement is made to go to your cabin.
And beyond just offering this cabin-ready aspect of service to its elite repeat passengers, Carnival is also monetizing this aspect of service, a true sign of an unbundled, economy experience where you aren't forced to pay/subsidize as many aspects of service other than those you chose to avail yourself of.

Holland America, as well. So this is another aspect by which the cruise lines are segmenting into an economy segment (Carnival, Royal Caribbean, NCL), a midrange segment (Princess, Holland America, Celebrity), and an upscale segment (Seabourn, Regent Seven Seas, Silversea).

f.

I really liked it when HAL started having cabins ready by 11:30 -- boarding time -- a few years ago.

I'm really torn between price and grade, as you can tell from our two upcoming cruises. Kind of like deciding between being a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond, I think we need to decide whether we want to be a suite passenger on Carnival or an inside passenger on Holland America. ;)

I'm really torn between price and grade, as you can tell from our two upcoming cruises. Kind of like deciding between being a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond, I think we need to decide whether we want to be a suite passenger on Carnival or an inside passenger on Holland America. ;)

Interesting thought; however, if you wish to cruise anywhere other than Alaska, Mexico or Caribbean, your choices will be severely limited with Carnival.

Also, just for the heck of it I looked at 7N Alaska for July 2018. Cheapest Suites across several cruises ranged from $1899 to $2699 on HA and $2249 to $2489 on C. So Carnival is not always the cheapest.

We wouldn't take Carnival to Alaska anyway. We're booked in the Neptune Suite next June.

With regard to the rest (with only minor exceptions such as Alaska where cruising is a far better way to see the area) I think if we're going to get in an airplane and fly somewhere I'm inclined to make it a land-based vacation at this point. As much as I like cruising I like driving to the port.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

We wouldn't take Carnival to Alaska anyway. We're booked in the Neptune Suite next June.

With regard to the rest (with only minor exceptions such as Alaska where cruising is a far better way to see the area) I think if we're going to get in an airplane and fly somewhere I'm inclined to make it a land-based vacation at this point. As much as I like cruising I like driving to the port.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Understand your desire for a more fully immersed vacation.

You may have done so already, but you would probably find a Norwegian fjord cruise similar to your exception for Alaska.

Hope you find a wonderful land tour.

Why so many Norwalk outbreaks on HAL ships? Hmmmmm...................
February - Sun Princess

March - Coral Princess

April - Oceania Regatta

July - Chipotle, Sterling, VA

That's all I could find for 2017 so far. Where are you getting your info?

Why so many Norwalk outbreaks on HAL ships?

Hmmmmm...................

Obviously because so many passengers either do not know, or care, about basic sanitation - the way HAL staff are instructed - and have sufficient self-interest to make their lives easier by attempting to limit outbreaks.