Just back from Summit to Bermuda 8/20 sailing

Sandi07054

This was our first Celebrity cruise. Group of 7 couples from NJ. Late 50s/early 60s, Had a wonderful time. We are all foodies and the ship did not disappoint us. Food was delicious every night. Entertainment was all good. Bermuda is beautiful. Favorite part was Horseshoe Bay. Prettiest beach I have ever been to. All the crew on the boat couldn't have been nicer. We will definitely do this trip again. And Bayonne is just so easy. Also went to Sea Glass beach. About a 10 minute cab ride from boat. Beautiful!!!! Couldn't believe all the colored glass in the sand. Great swimming too!!

Oh just loved this cruise!!!

I totally agree! This was a fabulous cruise. The staff, the ship, the food were all wonderful. I am already missing Peter, the best butler ever! We loved it so much that we booked the 10 night out of Bayonne next June while we were onboard.

Ah, welcome back to reality.

Welcome back and thank you for the report.

We will be on this sailing in one year!!!!

Please let us know more, when you can. Any issues you can remember?

What was the best meal in your opine?

Silent Disco on this sailing?

Thanks again....

bon voyage

Sandi07054 and goldsmip115....glad to hear you enjoyed the Summit and Bermuda. The Summit is my favorite ship! Would either one of you happen to know the names of any of the bartenders at the Martini Bar?

To goldsmip115, I believe you were in the PH suite. Isn't that whole experience the absolute best....from the actual suite itself, to Michael's Club and Luminae. We are in 6148 next week and am so looking forward to it. Were you happy with Celebrity?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Welcome back and thank you for the report.

We will be on this sailing in one year!!!!

Please let us know more, when you can. Any issues you can remember?

What was the best meal in your opine?

Silent Disco on this sailing?

Thanks again....

bon voyage

Answer to Silent Disco is YES. 2 different nights and the location was Pool Deck on 10 with a mix of DJ and live music. We didn't participate but watched and the pool deck is a great location for this type of activity.

We were on the Summit in late June and honestly, were a bit disappointed at the entertainment. We were told that there was a "changeover" in the shows going on. What shows are on the Summit when you sailed?

The shows did not improve:

LIFE

Soundtrack

Chandelier.. the last is a replacement but some posters almost cheered when it left another ship.

There is a good thread listing the music:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2529412

My taste in music has not progressed to what Celebrity thinks is best for the demographic on board.

This is disappointing. What are they thinking?

They think that more discerning people will like what they have to offer.

Old ears are not meant to understand the lyrics, nor old eyes to appreciate the theatrics, nor old brains to recognize the lack of theme.

They think that more discerning people will like what they have to offer.

Old ears are not meant to understand the lyrics, nor old eyes to appreciate the theatrics, nor old brains to recognize the lack of theme.

So agree with you. We didn't like any of the new shows on Equinox last March. Not looking forward to watch same ......next week on Summit.. I hope they have some better listening music in other venues..

So agree with you. We didn't like any of the new shows on Equinox last March. Not looking forward to watch same ......next week on Summit.. I hope they have some better listening music in other venues..

We really enjoyed dancing to the music of the "Friends Project". Imagine a band that plays music that will keep you dancing rather than playing the music that keeps them doodling.

Motown trivia. Our group loves that music so we had a blast

Horseshoe Bay. Absolutely beautiful. We went first day around 11. They had lots of umbrellas and chairs. It was definitely crowded but so worth it. We had a gorgeous day. Nice breeze under the umbrella.

Sea Glass Beach. Went there Friday morning by cab. $10. Some walked from ship. About 30 minutes.

Answer to Silent Disco is YES. 2 different nights and the location was Pool Deck on 10 with a mix of DJ and live music. We didn't participate but watched and the pool deck is a great location for this type of activity.

nj - thank you! On Millie it was in the Atrium and Martini Bar areas.

bon voyage

We were also on this cruise and couldn't agree with the OP more. It was at the top of all our cruises. The food in Luminae and Tuscan was phenomenal. This was our 1st cruise on Celebrity since 1996. We have been sailing the RCCL mega ships and have decided we are much happier on the smaller ship. Everyone (passengers and crew) was so friendly, it was like a community more than a ship full of strangers. We only ate in the Oceanview once and was not impressed but the burgers at the pool grill was very good and fresh.

Michael's was our favorite hangout, it was always quiet and a haven from the pool crowds and loud lounges. Norbert (Michael's bartender) took great care of our needs when our butler John was not around. There was always someone in Michael's or Luminae willing to start up a conversation. Can't wait to book our next cruise on the Summit.

We really enjoyed dancing to the music of the "Friends Project". Imagine a band that plays music that will keep you dancing rather than playing the music that keeps them doodling.

Great news! I hope they still on board coming up Sunday:)