Transport to rome airport

Canadianhey!

OP, Normally you can share one of the many limo companies recommended on the Ports of Call Boards - Europe - Italy with other members of your Roll Call. The service is better and the cost is lower. The ship shuttles tend to dump all the passengers in one area for either inter- Europe or international flights. This may not be convenient to your chosen airline. You'll have enough walking to do when you get into your terminal.

We used Civitavecchia Cab Service to get to the port as well as to the airport from the port. We shared a private shuttle with members of our roll call to get from the port to FCO, making the cost very reasonable. The cost for eight people was 189€ (plus gratuity).

I made the reservation on their website (http://www.civitavecchiacabservice.com/) and posted the information on the roll call. Other couples responded quickly as it benefited all of us to share the transportation costs. All of us had early flights so we walked off the ship with our luggage. The driver was waiting for us when we got off the ship. So, we were able to depart for the airport quickly, avoiding the time spent waiting for a large bus to be filled before departing for the airport.

We used Civitavecchia Cab Service to get to the port as well as to the airport from the port. We shared a private shuttle with members of our roll call to get from the port to FCO' date=' making the cost very reasonable. The cost for eight people was 189€ (plus gratuity).

I made the reservation on their website (http://www.civitavecchiacabservice.com/) and posted the information on the roll call. Other couples responded quickly as it benefited all of us to share the transportation costs. All of us had early flights so we walked off the ship with our luggage. The driver was waiting for us when we got off the ship. So, we were able to depart for the airport quickly, avoiding the time spent waiting for a large bus to be filled before departing for the airport.[/quote']

Civitivecchia Cab Service left us stranded at the port last Monday because we were literally 3 minutes late getting off the ship. They called me at 7:31 and 7:32 as we were wheeling our luggage through the terminal. My phone was in my purse and I never heard it. When we got outside, I checked my phone for the time and saw the two missed calls. It was 7:33. When I called the number back, I was told that the driver left because I was late and didn't answer my phone.... 3 minutes....I would never recommend them to anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Civitivecchia Cab Service left us stranded at the port last Monday because we were literally 3 minutes late getting off the ship. They called me at 7:31 and 7:32 as we were wheeling our luggage through the terminal. My phone was in my purse and I never heard it. When we got outside, I checked my phone for the time and saw the two missed calls. It was 7:33. When I called the number back, I was told that the driver left because I was late and didn't answer my phone.... 3 minutes....I would never recommend them to anyone.

I am so sorry that this happened to you and fully understand your position. I would have been quite unhappy with them too.

That is another question I had is what time do you book your shuttle. My flight does not leave until 1:35 but do not know what time I will be allowed off the ship. I have in the past sat on the ship for over 1 hr waiting to get called for my group to leave.

That is another question I had is what time do you book your shuttle. My flight does not leave until 1:35 but do not know what time I will be allowed off the ship. I have in the past sat on the ship for over 1 hr waiting to get called for my group to leave.

When you get the forms requesting details about your departure, don't give them your flight times. Tell them that you are being picked up by a private driver at 9:00 a.m. (or whatever time you think is best). This works well if you have a group sharing a shuttle to the airport. If you all give the same information, odds are that you'll all get similar departure times.

I always aim to be off the ship ahead of the time I've given the company. With both Rome Cabs and Rome in Limo, we've exited the ship 20 to 30 minutes ahead of time and they're sitting there waiting for us.

We booked a trip with romecabs.com from FCO to the cruise terminal. It was 150 euros for 4 people. I would recommend them.

I've used RomeCabs multiple times to & from FCO and Civi and have always been pleased with their service. 150 euro sounds about what I paid last time there.

last fall we used Viator tours - perhaps check them out. They were great getting us to the port from Rome but I am sure they have port pick up too. There was 6 of us and very affordable.

good luck and safe travels

Brockmoom