Perks pricing

grandgeezer

You would think the price of a perk would be the same no matter what category it was, not so. Right from their website: 14 day Caribbean on the Reflection leaving November 3, 2017. Ocean view +$350. Balcony guarantee +$420. Highest price regular balcony +$490. Sunset balcony +$580. Concierge guarantee +$350. Highest price Concierge +$420. Aqua class guarantee +$750. and Highest price Aqua class +$770.

I would be interested to hear the logic behind this.It looks like the more you'll pay for a cabin, the more you'll pay for drinks.

You would think the price of a perk would be the same no matter what category it was, not so. Right from their website: 14 day Caribbean on the Reflection leaving November 3, 2017. Ocean view +$350. Balcony guarantee +$420. Highest price regular balcony +$490. Sunset balcony +$580. Concierge guarantee +$350. Highest price Concierge +$420. Aqua class guarantee +$750. and Highest price Aqua class +$770.

I would be interested to hear the logic behind this.It looks like the more you'll pay for a cabin, the more you'll pay for drinks.

Probably a website malfunction. I went online to confirm what you were seeing and the Big prices are bouncing around sometimes $650, sometimes $750 for the same cabin balcony cabin and also for the same inside cabin!

Also begs the question of why the Summer Savings Event - 1 perk included for free - does not apply for this cruise.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

I noticed this when looking at my cruise on the Equinox after final payment. If you look at the basic fare plus the cost of the perk it equals what the price is with the perk if booking with the summer sale. Celebrity's not stupid, they know we look at all prices and see whats cheaper.

I noticed this when looking at my cruise on the Equinox after final payment. If you look at the basic fare plus the cost of the perk it equals what the price is with the perk if booking with the summer sale. Celebrity's not stupid, they know we look at all prices and see whats cheaper.

When I looked at the pricing for a cruise this fall, the price with no perks was $xxx. The price with one perk was the same, $xxx.

Only if you wanted two or more perks did the price increase. So it was a true free first perk since the price with no perk was the same.

Well... I got sucked in! We booked another cruise a few months ago, and the classic drink package was included. I thought I was pretty clever negotiating the 'Tips' package into our price. :) When the invoice was generated (I was dealing directly with Celebrity), it did not make sense. Two phone calls to head office and I finally figured out what was happening.

I wasn't receiving a perk... I was paying for a perk! As it turns out, I saved $5. Sheesh!

Based on previous experiences, I assumed I was getting a "Thank you for sailing with us" but now I understand that a perk is actually paid for, and the other incentives are included.

You are correct, it's not. On our July 7th cruise if you booked an outside the perk was $220 per person. If you booked a veranda it was $320 pp, but the total cost of the ocean view room with perk was only $100 less (pp) then the veranda (even thought the perk was $100 more pp) so we booked the veranda.

You really can't make this stuff up. It really makes your head hurt sometimes and you have to see what the actually total final cost would be and compare.